Twilight Temple: Solo Mode Guide

Rubride - Lost City
Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Twilight Temple: Solo Mode

Twilight Temple: Solo Mode

UPDATE: If you done HH solo mode before, please can you tell me what class you are and how long it took you. I want to let everyone who haven't done solo mode how long a run will be.

I decided to make another guide to Twilight Temple or HH for short, but which mode? (Read the top)

This mode is a Veno’s paradise because they can complete it easily. Even those the drops suck part of the time, you get to keep them all to yourself. Solo Mode have less bosses than squad mode, but the mobs and bosses have less HP and hit lighter.

You usually can do this by yourself, but if you’re willing to share, you can take up to 4 buddies along with you.

Each boss drops 3 items and half of the time drops coins, but during 2x events these bosses drop 6 items each. You can get a variety of items from Crusade Orders, HH mats, and NOW stupid perfect stones!

Here basically a guide to whip the bosses’ tails (if they have any) and tips how to find them. I even put some merchant tips to which mode bosses drop the good drops (I’m not giving prices).

HH1-X: Requiem of the Wraiths
(Needs 1 Ultimate Substance (Subs) for 1-1 and 1-2; 2 Subs for 1-3)

The mobs hit just like the regular mobs in their level range, but the Catacomb Archers are a pain to deal with. I’ll recommend you bring a Zeal if you’re not a Veno, so you can take them out one by one (Unless you can take the damage, then have fun killing them)

For you newbies who have never done HH, wait for the hands to explode before stepping into the green circles. If you do, don’t come crying to a cleric when you die.

In order to find the first boss, follow the path to a big room full of Catacomb Grudges and fall into the pit. There’s a hallway guarded by two mobs. Go stand down the hallway, and then at the end you’ll find Chintien waiting for you.

Chintien
HH1-1: HP 162,256; HH mat drops [Chintien’s Edge]
HH1-2: HP 205,579; HH mat drops [Chintien’s Armor Shard]
HH1-3: HP 249,556; HH mat drops [Chintien’s Plate]

Chintien is the first boss in the Twilight Temple series, he mainly melees and uses an earth magic attack. He’s pretty easy if you can survive his attacks. FYI, he’s the only boss in HH who does not drop Fairy Boxes, instead he drops Perfect Stones. His mats something can sell for a good price in the auction house.

After Chintien is dead, the doors to the other two hallways shall be opened. Go through the hallway straight up the ramp. Now this is my hatest part in 1-X, after you successfully destroy those three mobs in the first room, four mobs will be wandering around the second room. So you won’t deal with four mobs at once, lure one or two at a time and fry them in the other room. At the end of the hallway is the second and final boss, Lord of Percussion.

Lord of Percussion
HH1-1: HP 260,773; HH mat drops [Broken Drum]
HH1-2: HP 321,567; HH mat drops [Framework of Drum]
HH1-3: HP 388,828; HH mat drops [War Drum]

This guy hits harder than Chintien, so be prepared to waste some pots on him. He mainly melees, but also has a magic metal attack. His drops sell all the time in the auction house, so make sure you at least kill him if you wasted subs on a HH1-X run.

Everywhere else in this dungeon is useless unless you want the minor mats from the chests, then you’re going have to do some extra mob killing. (3 chests total)

HH2-X: Symphony of Fate
(needs 2 subs for 2-1 and 2-2; 3 for 2-3)

This chapter of HH is my favorite one. The mobs are easy and the bosses drop good selling mats and my Fairy Boxes. If you’re lucky enough, the mobs in HH2-2 or HH2-3 might be nice and drop a Page for 79 skills.

After you knock out the first five mobs, you’ll pass the only set of HH hands in the Solo Mode run. Then you’re already at the first boss, Fataliqua.

Fataliqua
HH2-1: HP 238,536; HH mat drops [Frenzy Lion’s Skin]
HH2-2: HP 280,724; HH mat drops [Frenzy Lion’s Claw]
HH2-3: HP 352,412; HH mat drops [Frenzy Lion’s Edge]

For every other class, I’m not so sure how easy this guy can, but for the Veno class (if pet is tanking) he’s the easiest HH boss because almost every pet I used can tank him. The only problem is this guy has an AOE attack, so stay far away if you don’t want to get hit. Just please aid the pet by throwing some scarabs at the boss. It’ll make the pet’s life a lot easier, and you’ll not be called a noob by the other classes.

At for the other classes, this guy also melees, (even though he melee attacks my pet once in a blue moon). Killing this guy as usual opens the gate to the other area.

Depending on which HH2-X you’re doing depends on the number of mobs in the next room. HH2-1 has three, HH2-2 has three plus one Lv92, and HH2-3 has two. Then crush the Minotaur-like mob running back and forth, and then go down the hallway he was running down when you found. There, you’ll meet the 2nd boss, General Wurlord

General Wurlord
HH2-1: 318,221; HP; HH mat drops [Forshura’s Armor] [Forshura’s Black Orb]
HH2-2: 373,772; HP; HH mat drops [Forshura’s Hook] [Forshura’s Black Orb]
HH2-3: 465,620; HP; HH mat drops [Forshura’s Arm]

This is the time when solo mode is useful because Wurlord does not have any clones. Unlike the first boss, Wurlord’s magic attacks hit hard. For the Veno class, if you try to fight Wurlord at the minimum level required, a bear or a herc if you cashshop will be the best tank for him. He puts up a good fight, but he drops the best mats out the HH solo modes. Either mat he drops is worth something. (You’re lucky if he drops a gold mat)

If you want, you can skip Wurlord and kill him last (Who would do that… of course me), because the rest of the run is basically kill mobs to get to General Feng, the final boss of HH2-X.

General Feng
HH2-1: 374334; HP, HH mat drops [Feng’s Black Armor] [Feng’s Steel Armor]
HH2-2: 438,984; HP, HH mat drops [Feng’s Iron Bars] [Feng’s Steel Armor]
HH2-3: 545,950; HP, HH mat drops [Horn of Feng’s Horse]

The battle is pretty simple. Like most HH bosses, Feng attacks uses physical and a magic attack. To me, he’s a bit easier than Wurlord, but he has more HP. His mats drops are good except in HH2-3.
The rest of the area is nothing but chests and mobs (There are 4 chests total) unless the developers decide to add more bosses to solo mode. Then I’m going to feel sorry for the person who going have to edit this guide.

HH3-X: Aria of Dawn
(Needs 3 subs for 3-1 and 3-2; 4 for 3-3)

This mode is a pain in the neck to do in the level range required for, but it’s possible. (I only did 3-1, so I’m not pretty sure in details about 3-2 and 3-3. If any higher levels notice a difference in 3-2 and 3-3, please inform me).

This one is a living… I’m not going to say it. The mobs are everywhere (except the big room). You’ll be fighting an army this time, so hopefully you know your skills well. You’ll start on the right side of the dungeon, fight a few Twilight Guards, and finally enter the big room. The big room has nothing important in it except the paths to the bosses. From your view, take a right and the northern area of the dungeon. There you’ll encounter some Twilight Guards and Witches, dig up a few chests, and finally encounter the 1st boss, Coredash.

Coredash
HH3-1: HP 335,389; HH mat drops [Iron Plate of Darkness]
HH3-2: HP 375,686; HH mat drops [Shards of Darkness]
HH3-3: HP 405,705; HH mat drops [Giant Pincers of Darkness]

Coredash’s room has a few mobs inside, so it’s best to kill them before you fight him. Sadly, when you kill Coredash, you’re blocked off from the big room. If you’re a Veno with a Guan Hai (Kowlin) like me or you have a Zeal, lure the boss to the big room and kill him there. Don’t waste your valuable time killing the mobs and passing the hands to get back to the big room.

The battle between Coredash is the just like Fataliqua for 2-X. He melees and has an AOE attack, but hits a bit harder. His drops mostly don’t sell that much (I’ll be lucky to get rid of them).

Depending where you killed Coredash is where you’ll start. Either way, you’re going have to cross to the south side of the room to continue. When you enter the south hallway, you’ll encounter six mobs throwing a party (Not really). After they’re all dead, you can begin your battle with the 2nd boss, Djinscream.

Djinscream
HH3-1: HP 409,226; HH mat drops [Evil Minion’s Horn] [Evil Minion’s Shell]
HH3-2: HP 457,929; HH mat drops [Evil Minion’s Axe Edge]
HH3-3: HP 494,199; HH mat drops [Evil Minion’s Burning Heart]

Djinscream unlike Coredash is a PAIN to deal with. His physical attacks hit hard, but his magic fire attack is worse. I would recommend you have a good fire defense before fighting him and a good metal defense before fighting the next boss. At least there one positive thing about this fight, you’re not timed. The only good mats he drops are his 3-3 mat and the 3-1 gold mat of course (Which can be sold for a high price).

After Djinscream is defeated, the final door in Twilight Temple 3-X (I’m guessing because they’re usually in the same place) Solo Mode is unlock. A few Twilight Feligars are hiding in this room along with the final boss, Deathflow.

If you’re a pro luring Veno, you can takeout Deathflow without killing Djinscream, but there’s one problem. I posted it somewhere, but there’s a pain in the neck mob guarding Deathflow if you try to lure (Zeals don’t work, I tried). Let me quote myself from another post, just so we get on with the final fight.
I'm introducing a mob in HH3-1 (he appears in solo and squad mode) in Deathflow's room if you did not kill the boss Djinscream (Don't try to **** him off venos, he uses a pain-in-the-neck AOE stun which is hard to escape from. Learned for experience b:surrender, but also learned you can kill Deathflow without killing Djinscream b:laugh).

Here is Deathflow's little body guard

DuskShadow.jpg

b:surrender Hopefully yall will finally this mob i'm talking about?

Deathflow
HH3-1: HP 520,045; HH mat drops [Sorceress’s Hand]
HH3-2: HP 581,355; HH mat drops [Sorceress’s Aura] [Sorceress’s Soul]
HH3-3: HP 627,001; HH mat drops [Sorceress’s Headwear]

Deathflow is a hard boss to deal with by yourself, yet it’s possible. Deathflow’s physical about the same as Djinscream. As usual, the problem to deal with is the magic attack. Her magic attack hits harder than the other HH bosses, so prepare for a long battle. As for her mat drops, the best drop is in 3-1 unless you’re lucky enough to get the 3-2 gold mat drop.

There’s also a room (the Theater) full of mobs in this HH you can’t get to thanks to the Forbidden pillar. All the other areas are full of mobs you can kill for extra drops, and as usual, there are chests with the minor HH mats in them (Skeleton Piece, Mysterious Skull, Klunky Sword, Stone of Sacred Temple, Sign of Twilight). There is a total of 6 chests to dig up (All of them are around Coredash’s area).

If this guide sucks or if there’s any mistakes, comment below how I can update it. Thank you for reading.
Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
Post edited by Rubride - Lost City on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You ought to add notes as to which bosses are range tankable in single mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Rubride - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    If you mean by "Range Tankable" as using Magic or a Bow, basically all of the bosses are tankable. You just need a "very good" magic defense. Their magic attacks hit pretty hard.

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well, yes, the classes that would want to range tank the bosses there (archer, cleric, wizard, psychic) would typically have higher mdef than pdef
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well, yes, the classes that would want to range tank the bosses there (archer, cleric, wizard, psychic) would typically have higher mdef than pdef
    How long one TT 1-1 run can be (if it will be done by Wizard)?

If near hour, then it not worth to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear
    Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Ofc no lol, i try with 86 bm(with gorenox vanity) and its so hard to done 1-3 solo mode, so i cant imagine if wizard do this. But for cleric i believe they can even it will take 2 or 3 hours to done.
  • Rubride - Lost City
    edited September 2011

My magic attacks usually take 1k damage from bosses. Wizards usually deal higher magic damage. Depending on your weapon, it might take a 10-30 minutes per run if you can take the hits.

It takes me 20 minutes to complete HH2-1 with my Darkbreed Wolfkin.

• Rubride - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    b:chuckle nothing important, but I'm seeing if my sig. works