Why are archers so Fail?

Options
2»

Comments

• TuffPuppy - Momaganon
    TuffPuppy - Momaganon Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Only died once and that was in a dungeon. No problem to kill a mob my lvl or a little higher. Archer is very much fun to play so far.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No, archers on't suck....

No classes suck... players who play them do.

I have a friend who had a 100 wizzie ( saw some people complain about them too ) and a 90'sh archer.

I can tell you, they both hit VERY hard and I prefer to have him by my side than duelling him (yes Flex, that's you, bro b:victory)
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Blame Aster, she brings down the average. b:avoid
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wow, is this a serious thread? o.O

My archer rarely dies unless I make a stupid mistake. Granted, I don't PvP, but it didn't sound like you were talking about that. PvE - kill the mobs before they get to you. Works for me every time; are you statting wrong? And you are having difficulty with TT 3-1 solo mode? My archer has similar gears to what you listed (crappier cape) and solos it in ten min or less with a couple of the free divine order pots per boss.

I would say something is not working with your gameplay or stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Opening poster is talking about 3-1 squad mode, I believe.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I admit I have afk'd bosses before. Would have gone fine if the tank hadn't also done the sameb:surrender

But on a serious note, if you think the class fails, you probably don't know very much about it even after 2 years of playing it. On one of the servers I used to play I remember it being quite common(before sins existed) for people to roll archers if they wanted to do something in open world pvp. Now if you are talking Instances, I would say that unless you are well geared/refined/can wear claws or fists/know how to use genie,pot,charms,etc you will be quite reliant on tanking chars. We simply do not have the hax benefits of the assassin class, the other LA class. So if you were trying to compare yourself to them in tanking and soloing ability, just stop :|