R8 reforge

Pearlwood - Lost City
Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Wizard
There's a great thread on the upcoming r8 reforge on the forums, but still I'm not sure if it replaces the need to go r9 for wizard's endgame. My first thoughts are that giving endgame some variability and creativity is a good thing. As it stands right now we're in a static pyramid structure with the top being r9 +12 JOSD.

Any thoughts as it applies to wizards?
Post edited by Pearlwood - Lost City on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I dunno how much will help wizards, but I can tell you right now my Sin is ecstatic.
    My advice? roll a sin alt. If now sin is the top dd by a factor of 2 , it might be the top dd by a order of magnitude after the patch.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I tried. But auto attacking everything for 83 levels is as far as I could go b:surrender
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    I dunno how much will help wizards, but I can tell you right now my Sin is ecstatic.
    My advice? roll a sin alt. If now sin is the top dd by a factor of 2 , it might be the top dd by a order of magnitude after the patch.

Well the sins on other forums are expressing different views about that. But, the question was how it might effect wizards. And, on a related note, why did the dev's do it (beside money, of course)? The only thing I can think of is to break it open at the top and give chars some ability to be unique. If it works out that way, it could be a good thing for the game.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    I don't think balance will be able to be restored at the top. No way in hell.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited September 2011

I noticed some mention of a purify skill/attribute/add-on/? in that thread. Evidently, there's confusion on it all. But, if it's true that we could get a non-genie purify ability, it most surely would help the wizard. ijs (cause ele shell is no real purify ability and we all know that)
    edited September 2011

Hogwash, all they have to do is give wizards a stun like roar, a defense against stealth like soul of stunning, a movement debuff immune skill, an anti 1 shot skill like focused mind (sounds more like a wizard skill anyway, right?) and, um, invisibility. Yea, thats the ticket!

Presto!!!! Balance will be restored.

*not holding my breath
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    yeah, the translations are sloppy.
    at one point ppl were all excited about weapons in guild base.
    Then the guild bases came and?Cost is so high is not even funny.
    Let's see how this R8 recast will come out and what are the possible stats when we actually have the PWI version. Up to then it's just speculation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    base weapons? meh, i was excited about the 40 vs 40 2x or whatever each week.

Alas, yet another tease.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I am not going to lie, I believe this reforging rank gear thing is a great idea. PWI can make their money, while at the same time it gives variability and something for us all to do even when we supposedly hit "endgame gear."

Do not underestimate this reforging thing's cost. I am sure PW staff will find a way to make the money siphon out of our wallets (because they are just a bunch of gold diggers, we all know that).
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Genital_Wart - Harshlands
    Genital_Wart - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Purify is wizard's best counter to sins, and 5.0 in general. It has a BIG chance to activate under low damage, high APS enemies, since each hit you take is about 5% (?) chance to trigger the proc. I expect a rise of endgame wizard in the coming update and also a rise of PWI's income. I don't think you can add purify to rank 9... That will take a bit of incentives of going r9 away, but I'm sure it'll be possible in the future, since that's how PWI makes money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    like demon sin buff makes me hit for 1 damage 5 times in a row and letting fow, sleep and mountain seize making no effect i dont think a crappy 5% chance to purify will help me not being killed within 3 hits

i would love soul of stunning or soul of silence ;o or automatic bramble guard thingy upon first hit
    i like potato
    edited October 2011
    Purify is wizard's best counter to sins.

Do you know how many disable skills a sin has? What we need is movement debuff immunity like other classes have. We are a kiting class, after all. Why should pursuing classes have it but kiting classes not?
    It has a BIG chance to activate under low damage, high APS enemies, since each hit you take is about 5% (?) chance to trigger the proc.

Good sins will kill in seconds - and really good rank 9 ones will 1 shot you. Good luck with your coin flips where 95% = heads and 5% = tails.
    I expect a rise of endgame wizard in the coming update and also a rise of PWI's income.

With rank 9 and jades, wizards are already more populated. It takes waaaaaaay less skill to play when you can 1 shot 90% of the server with gush.
    I don't think you can add purify to rank 9... That will take a bit of incentives of going r9 away.

G16 gear, boatloads of attack and defense levels, awesome adds on the gear - you think a 5% chance of a purify (when most should already have an ~80% chance to break stuns with badge) is going to slow down wizards getting rank 9? b:chuckle
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If activated, Purify proc not only clears any negative states, but also increases the movement speed by 200% and make you immune to any slow and stun for 6 seconds. It's much better than cleric's purify. Just saying.

Edit: Also it has 5% chance to increase magic attack by 100% and channeling by 50%. You say it's not good? Also rank 9 costs way more than rank 8. If you're not mad rich, why would you sell your house and your wife to buy rank 9 when you can get rank 8 for much cheaper and it's not that bad?
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    When I read about that purify proc, I am almost annoyed I got the R9 weapon instead of the rest of the armor... Maybe I will recast my old R8 Magic Sword for World PvP and use R9 wep for Tw...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    but r9 gear is terrible without the weapon :S
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    but r9 gear is terrible without the weapon :S

Whyyou never on LC anymore, little one? :o
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Whyyou never on LC anymore, little one? :o

Cause all my money is on DW...
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Lienna - Momaganon
    Lienna - Momaganon Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    When will this R8 recast will be implemented in the game?
This discussion has been closed.