People, please be smart.

Options
krisnda
krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
I've been seeing a lot of threads about item duping, scam catshops, and such, and want to say to please be smart.

-If you see a catshop buying stuff for higher than they are selling, don't try to mess with that catshop thinking you're going to get a quick profit, because you won't.

-If you see people pming you "want free rare items?" "want 999 of x item?" Ignore them/blacklist/etc.

-Look before you buy/sell anything to a catshop, the items there may be other items that have the same icon, be smart and check.

It's sad seeing people being scammed because they are either being dumb or greedy, and I know people may not even look at this, but still "Be Smart".

And if you see any of these scams happening/been scammed, please submit a ticket: http://support.perfectworld.com/

Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ULMOS - Archosaur
    ULMOS - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People, please be smart... stop getting scammed by PWI.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I saw a shop selling sadness cards for 2 coins where can i report them krisnda?
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    people being smart would solve most of the worlds problems

sadly, humanity has a poor track record
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I've been seeing a lot of threads about item duping, scam catshops, and such, and want to say to please be smart.

-If you see a catshop buying stuff for higher than they are selling, don't try to mess with that catshop thinking you're going to get a quick profit, because you won't.

-If you see people pming you "want free rare items?" "want 999 of x item?" Ignore them/blacklist/etc.

-Look before you buy/sell anything to a catshop, the items there may be other items that have the same icon, be smart and check.

It's sad seeing people being scammed because they are either being dumb or greedy, and I know people may not even look at this, but still "Be Smart".

And if you see any of these scams happening/been scammed, please submit a ticket: http://support.perfectworld.com/

Thanks.

Oops if I actually read the last line... Thanks for the advice.
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    ULMOS - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I beg to differ. Any amount of time spent on forums makes one realize that many of us who play this game are, indeed, smart. In one sense. And yet, infinitely dumb... but then that's a contradiction. I'm sure, we are smart, it's just that, we are at the same time, weak.

Ally strength with intellect and that is power.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dang, a official word of warning from a mod b:shocked

Seriously though, thanks for the heads-up for whoever will check this out.

It's like the whole tokens of luck/best luck fiasco, some people are still trying to sell in catshops, tokens of luck at 4.8 mils.

And some people still try to foll others by saying as catshop name B>Canny 520k , when in fact hey buy for 52k.

Open your eyes people, and really I think I will help bump this up so it remains on view :)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Thanks.

yeah, ppl please be smart, PWI hates scamming competition
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If I see a catshop selling and item for 50 and re-buying for 100 and I still buy that item, I deserve to get scammed.

People try to make a greedy profit, and QQ they lost cash... dumb player is dumb b:laugh
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Are we living in a fake world ?
    Are we all just delusional ?
    Are we too much distracted that we can't see the truth ?
    Are we too much thinking about our self and contradicting our own statement ?
    Are we brainwashed by society or humanity ?
    Are we actually free ? Or did we make our self trapped ?
    Are human like to answer things that they don't actually know ?
    Are we the virus of this planet ?
    Are we the real devil ?
    b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Are we living in a fake world ?
    Are we all just delusional ?
    Are we too much distracted that we can't see the truth ?
    Are we too much thinking about our self and contradicting our own statement ?
    Are we brainwashed by society or humanity ?
    Are we actually free ? Or did we make our self trapped ?
    Are we the virus of this planet ?
    Are we the real devil ?
    b:cry

Imagine a world without humans....

Now you know the answer to all your questions
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Imagine: b:puzzled

Earth ecosystem work naturally and no species that totally dominate the planet ?

But it seem... there always a species that evolve to dominate the planet... b:laugh

It naturally goes that way ? b:surrender

(i avoid the using of = "as intended" and "as designed" since i seen lots argue because of those words)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "Please be smart", if you are going to post, stay on topic.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People, please be smart... stop getting scammed by PWI.

^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "Please be smart", if you are going to post, stay on topic.

No. I do what I wantz.... now I'm gonna try to make a post thats off topic...still thinking of one....

Also this thread isn't really "smart". You're fooling yourself if you think the people that would actually benefit from this thread would remember its contents upon logging into the game.

You are pretty much repeating what has been said a million times before...redundant thread is redundant...
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No. I do what I wantz.... now I'm gonna try to make a post thats off topic...still thinking of one....

Also this thread isn't really "smart". You're fooling yourself if you think the people that would actually benefit from this thread would remember its contents upon logging into the game.

You are pretty much repeating what has been said a million times before...redundant thread is redundant...

I really could care less if people look at this thread or not, I'm simply just trying to help.

I know people may not even look at this, but still "Be Smart".

Thanks.

• Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Send a ticket lol, that's priceless.

Judging from the reponses to some of my tickets theyll tell you to try the catshop a dozen more times because the manual says that should work.
  • runican
    runican Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Thanks.

hey you can you stop scamming us too?
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

this one is not a scam. I dear to say that ppls should not be punished for this trick. they are sellers, so it's their price (if somebody want to sell 'element dust' for 23 mil. let them try) and it's not their fault that icons are the same. if buyer dont read then it's his own fault.
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this one is not a scam. I dear to say that ppls should not be punished for this trick. they are sellers, so it's their price (if somebody want to sell 'element dust' for 23 mil. let them try) and it's not their fault that icons are the same. if buyer dont read then it's his own fault.

Exactly, this is more of a "be aware of these things" thread, not a "report everyone you see doing this thread", though if you see scamming, report them >:D they shouldn't be doing it.
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    >; Think we have more smart ***** instead of smart people.

^probably includes my comment. XD

But yeah, it's unfortunate when these things happen to people. Heck, it even happened to me before in another game, but after that one mistake, I have been careful since. I was one of those people who thought, "Oooh, it won't happen to me!" but it did! Some people are just really good at being careful, but then, there are those who just don't understand until it happens to them. ):

A thought I always carried with me:
    If it's too good to be true, then it probably is -- and you should just walk away from it/ignore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

It's called false advertising. It's a crime when you do it in in real life. You can't tell people you are selling them one thing and giving another. Just because the buyer expected people to follow the laws of the land, and the rules of the game, doesn't mean they are stupid. Naive and too trusting, sure. But not stupid. Nobody deserves to get scammed. Anyone who tries to scam people should not only lose their profits, they should be banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Interesting when a mod tries to help the community against scammers, he gets trolled... strange isn't it? >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i always kinda wondered why pple could mistake Token of Luck and Best Luck b:chuckle
    even the image is totally diff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i always kinda wondered why pple could mistake Token of Luck and Best Luck b:chuckle
    even the image is totally diff.

I'm guesing it was mostly people not paying attention/people with bad eyesight. When my dad plays this game, he makes me verify EVERY purchase because he can't see the little decorative differences between many items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's called false advertising. It's a crime when you do it in in real life. You can't tell people you are selling them one thing and giving another. Just because the buyer expected people to follow the laws of the land, and the rules of the game, doesn't mean they are stupid. Naive and too trusting, sure. But not stupid. Nobody deserves to get scammed. Anyone who tries to scam people should not only lose their profits, they should be banned.

first of all, it's a game, no need to even compare it with real life. second - theres crearly wroten name of item, sats, all the information about it (that the way we know which icon is which), how the hell can you "tell" people that you are selling another thing? people must be morons if they fall in this "trap".
  • Camak - Momaganon
    Camak - Momaganon Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    first of all, it's a game, no need to even compare it with real life. second - theres crearly wroten name of item, sats, all the information about it (that the way we know which icon is which), how the hell can you "tell" people that you are selling another thing? people must be morons if they fall in this "trap".

I absolutely agree...with Venus. If you lack the moral fibre to understand it, then I can only feel sorry for you.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2011
    Options
    is there any reason my post was deleted? all i said was i usually get banned for calling people stupid, do mods get the right to do that and delete post at random without explanation?
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I love you, Venus. My body is ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options

If they want to try to sell an Element Dust for 23 mil, that's fine with me...

As long as they advertise it as an Element Dust. The problem comes when players think they're being sneaky and put the name of their shop as the item that their (much) cheaper item looks like.

That's when it truly becomes scamming.