Catshop Glitching. WTF?

Options
_Raido - Archosaur
_Raido - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
So get this: I'm cruising around lost on my alt about to go FC, I see this shop selling Yiyuan stones for like 50k each, i'm like Pff, but then I see he's buying them back for 100k each. I think this kid must be a newbie, so I message him about it and buy 5 then attempt to sell them back. Thing is, it won't let me.

"Service Unavailable"

Wait, what?

-tries to sell them back-

"Service Unavailable"

Wait, that should be impossible,

You can't Catshop with a SL, Nor can you not have enough money to buy them back. What's going on? I just got scammed out of 250k.

I got screenies though.b:pleased
Post edited by _Raido - Archosaur on

Comments

• VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You didnt get scammed or glitched. They literally do nto have the money to buy any, hence the shop wont let you sell to them.

Its not a scam when it relies on the buyers stupidity.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is a known scam that has been around for quite some time. They trick people into buying the items thinking they can "rip off the catshop owner" by selling them back, but instead the buyer gets ripped off for being a greedy **** and falling for the trick. See, they purposely give themselves a full inventory, so that when you try to sell back, you get the error. Not sure how it works myself though.
  • BlissherFX - Harshlands
    BlissherFX - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Same thing happened to me with arrows about a year ago. I think it's a trick to scam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Geez, he's selling something for 50k and buying it back to 100k, that CAN'T be a scam at all. *face desk*
  • _Raido - Archosaur
    _Raido - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You didnt get scammed or glitched. They literally do nto have the money to buy any, hence the shop wont let you sell to them.

Its not a scam when it relies on the buyers stupidity.

From what I remeber, it won't let you do it.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The only Free Cheese is in the Mousetrap.

When you try to test it, you got something instead Free Cheese.

You must report about it to support.perfectworld.com .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The only Free Cheese is in the Mousetrap.

When you try to test it, you got something instead Free Cheese.

You must report about it to support.

free cheese scam cheese or whatever

when u have a cheese brain to buy and sell in the same shop, its a waste of GM time...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yes, you are the one who thought a shop buying back for twice the price it's selling is real and he must have been the noob. Hey, buy my pickaxe for 1 mil and I'll buy it back for 2 mil. Deal?
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    thats an early glitch, wayy back in the days of the first month or two of open beta on PW_MY.

People were banned and the guitch fixed...

Maybe they used part of that old old code in one of the latest patches?

What happens is that each time u try to sell, money is removed from your char and goes into the shops char.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Some people are really "intelligent".

I guess OP tried to outsmart the catshop and got outsmarted?
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So get this: I'm cruising around lost on my alt about to go FC, I see this shop selling Yiyuan stones for like 50k each, i'm like Pff, but then I see he's buying them back for 100k each. I think this kid must be a newbie, so I message him about it and buy 5 then attempt to sell them back. Thing is, it won't let me.

"Service Unavailable"

Wait, what?

-tries to sell them back-

"Service Unavailable"

Wait, that should be impossible,

You can't Catshop with a SL, Nor can you not have enough money to buy them back. What's going on? I just got scammed out of 250k.

I got screenies though.b:pleased

greed + stupidity = no excuse
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • XGrr - Archosaur
    XGrr - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think I know how this "scam" works. In the old server I played in people do a similar scam but with two cat shops.

One selling an item much much higher than usual and another cat shop right beside it buying it at a much insane price.

The buying cat shop has its inventory full and the item it is buying is stacked to the max limit.

So what happens is if one tries to sell the item to the buying cat shop the system won't allow it since there is no more space for the item being sold.

However what the OP said was the cat shop was both buying and selling the item. I'm quite not sure how the scammer did it there.

This kind of scam attracts the greedy people. They'd think that owner of the cat shop may just have typed in too much zeros.
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    -facepalm-
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    greed + stupidity = no excuse
    lol what he said.
    looks like the OP also had intension to scam the catshop eh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buy 2 for 100k... sell 1 for 100k... yeah, there should of been money in there to not get the error. only half way getting ripped off but still doesnt change the fact that you shouldnt get the error since the money is in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • sabaren1
    sabaren1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so is that ilegal?

im doing it with my catshop and getting alot of coinsb:quiet
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I've seen catshops do this before, some even put the title "Free Money" on their shop. I know it's a scam so of course I don't bother with it, but is it actually worth reporting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's threads like this that make the forums worth going to.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's threads like this that make the forums worth going to.

+1 OP got scammed while thinking he was scamming them GG.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.