How much will r9 gear cost?

krishnaya
krishnaya Posts: 47 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Besides the rep, how much would it cost to get r9 gear? Someone told me it would cost about $1500!! Is that true?
Post edited by krishnaya on

Comments

• Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think the cost is your pride, dignity, and the game itself.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Drobek_CZ - Sanctuary
    Drobek_CZ - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    SEARCH ... it's fast and easy.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    it costs around 1500 golds yes, doesnt mean it costs 1500$ b:avoid
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It may cost your time or your wallet or your sanity.
    Electricity and dedication to stay in the front of your computer is a must, your wallet or credit card also important in case you lost patience or have lots money. (+ can ignore other people opinion)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2011

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Rank_and_Reputation/RankIX#Cost_of_Rank_IX_When_Bought_from_the_Boutique

If your brain isn't up somewhere, else.

Someone might want to check their facts in the Wiki.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    it costs around 1500 golds yes, doesnt mean it costs 1500$ b:avoid

Fuzzy had to quote that one for truth.....
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Amazing how 300k rep = 108 gold

You should NOT be allowed to buy reputation, IJS
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited September 2011

Again, the panda just had to quote for truth.....
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Amazing how 300k rep = 108 gold

Tho it would be nice if the game gave a DECENT way to get a good amount of rep by earning it.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited September 2011
    Tho it would be nice if the game gave a DECENT way to get a good amount of rep by earning it.

End-game rank (8/9) is good enough that the method to get it was once upon a time good enough. In theory it souldn't be easy to get. A decent way in Fuzzy's opinion was how it was originally intended to be acquired. Sales ftl on that one.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited September 2011
    FBs give next to nothing and grown ups with jobs will take years trying to do enough OMA quest. There needs to be a better, faster way to earn it.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited September 2011
    FBs give next to nothing and grown ups with jobs will take years trying to do enough OMA quest. There needs to be a better, faster way to earn it.

The entire point was that it wasn't fast.......
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited September 2011
    The point of a game should be making it available without a player loosing interest during the timespan it takes to get it. Thats not going to happen if you try to earn it here and have other obligations on your time.
    Eh, thats the point I guess, make it a complete snoozefest that takes years so you feel compelled to buy if you want to get the best armor.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    you can just make alts, do some low level fb's for rep, delete them, rinse and repeat

but yeah, if your going to take rep from the cash shop, then you need some better in game methods to warn it

( granted, you can get rep from tokens, but at 80k per approx, its about 7/8x the previous cost )
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    End-game rank (8/9) is good enough that the method to get it was once upon a time good enough. In theory it souldn't be easy to get. A decent way in Fuzzy's opinion was how it was originally intended to be acquired. Sales ftl on that one.

Well yes, in the pre-pack era, Rank 8 was ridiculously powerful in comparison to anything else.

With packs, people had an easy access to Frost and Lunar items, plus cheap high grade shards. At this point, Rank 8 would become mostly a trophy item, as it cost much more than a comparable alternative, such as Lunar weapons.

The same could've been argued for the OUF and OVS gear that was put in packs in the form of Heavenrage boots and Helm of Holy Punishment.

In terms of "endgame gear", it's always been all about cost, efficiency and availability. For example, pre-packs, Rank 8 had awesome stats but it was impractical to get so it wasn't really end-game. Currently, Warsoul is in the same position: it costs much more than Rank 9 and isn't necessarily superior either.

Well, I can't really complain, being a General Summer's Sale-ranked Sin myself. I did, however, start my sin a good time before the first General Summer's Sale, as I recall being level 80ish during the first sale. At the time, I had moved from my Archer to an Assassin because I figured that as an Archer, I would need Heaven Shatterer, which at the time was far too expensive for me, whereas I figured that as Sin I could survive with green TT99.
    ( granted, you can get rep from tokens, but at 80k per approx, its about 7/8x the previous cost )

640m assuming 10,000 per Token. At current Sanctuary Gold prices, Rank 8 would cost 101m. So it's actually closer to 6-7x. During the pre-General Summer era, most people would've rather gotten Nirvana or Lunar as it cost much less.

And though it's not much, BH2 on 100 gives a choice for 66 Reputation.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    1,000,000,000+ coins

i think i spent near 1.2-1.5billion preparing for the R9 and the shards.
    This is without the refines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    1,000,000,000+ coins

i think i spent near 1.2-1.5billion preparing for the R9 and the shards.
    This is without the refines.

Well yeah, considering that the gears come to a total of 1405 Gold, it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll cost you more than one billion coins.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    The entire point was that it wasn't fast.......

The reality was that is was unattainable

It certainly makes no sense - reputation by its very definition means its earned. On the other hand, once you've succeeded at your class, why should you have to do the same thing 100,000 times to prove your reputation.

I been playing over 2 years, with a LOT of grinding, have done all quests, and helped out in many, many fb's and my reputation isnt even 10000 - how the hell could anyone ever get 300000 without buying it - work it out, at that rate, I'd die of old age before getting rank 9.

As previously said, depending on what you do, you should earn MUCH more reputation, and also lose a bit when you fail.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well yeah, considering that the gears come to a total of 1405 Gold, it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll cost you more than one billion coins.
    god knows what it costs NOW cause like the JoSD price has tripled since when i bought em... or most any shards for that matter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Badarcher - Harshlands
    Badarcher - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    WOW!!! no wonder everyone in the world is broke LOL b:chuckle
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2011

It certainly makes no sense - reputation by its very definition means its earned. On the other hand, once you've succeeded at your class, why should you have to do the same thing 100,000 times to prove your reputation.

I been playing over 2 years, with a LOT of grinding, have done all quests, and helped out in many, many fb's and my reputation isnt even 10000 - how the hell could anyone ever get 300000 without buying it - work it out, at that rate, I'd die of old age before getting rank 9.

As previously said, depending on what you do, you should earn MUCH more reputation, and also lose a bit when you fail.

Quoted for truth !
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2011
    pwi players farmed fb19's for rep.. in old servers, we farmed fb99 for dark signets. those were removed as drops in pwi i think? they set up rep to be near impossible to farm for any normal human being. pw is run by very greedy people lol

took me months to get 100k rep legit, then they let you buy it for 30m qq
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ever think to farm warsong for rep. 2 Emblems are worth 1 badge. 1 medal worth 25 badges. Just doing Warsong bhs I've farmed 51k rep for my cleric, long way to go to R8 still but I'm getting there.

Though I admit I bought rep for my sin b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited September 2011

Exactly. If you make it to 100+, finished all your cultis and probably ran them countless times with friends and faction mates, have an empty quest list and nothing better to do all day but wait for someone to yell for help or go farm nirv or tt for the 10000th time, I think its safe to say the game should top off our rep. Youve done it all, your still hanging around doing it over and over, youve got a good rep.
    There should be a point where your rep gets maxed without having to buy what youve earned.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    last time I played I saw someone with full rank 9 fully sharded with flawless critines b:laugh
    edited September 2011
    last time I played I saw someone with full rank 9 fully sharded with flawless critines b:laugh

Ive seen that and it makes me laugh too. They wasted all that time and/or money on R9 and shard it with ****. Just goes to show people are so impatient they'd rather waste more money on junk shards instead of waiting and saving up for the good stuff.
    Those are the players PWI loves.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sharding with flawess just shows that they couldnt afford to full vit/dot/jsod right off the bat as soon as they got the gear, consdering its about 3m to fully shard your r9 set with flawless and you get an extra 640 hp for doing so while you save up for shards/refines, its not really dumb at all, quit hating
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I saw a r9 wizard being killed by a TT90 BM b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle and I with just r8 top and weapon 2 shotted him b:laugh
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Djharry - Heavens Tear
    Djharry - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i think the easyest and cheapest way is to buy 200k rep and for the other 100k rep you can earn that doing mori quests

with 1500 prestige you are able to get rep jades which give around 1600 rep per jade and you can use up to 20 of these a day ... the only expensive part is the tokens u need for crafting r9

then there is always nw ..b:victory
This discussion has been closed.