I have a problem and cant get aroung it.

Adromada - Raging Tide
Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
I have no gears besides my rank ring and a bound necklace + my old TT70 axes, I'm Trying to get my TT80 Feng Heavy armors but i have no money to buy mats and no ones willing to run a gearless BM through what ever chapters in TT for the mats. and of course don't have gears to grind for cash which would be a hassle and take way to long anyway.

Hmmm what to do, what to do.

Any suggestions fellow forumers?.
The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
Post edited by Adromada - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Charge zen > sell for coin > buy decent enough gear to farm.

You could also try questing for startup coin and merchanting, but the previous method is quicker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkPlaces - Harshlands
    DarkPlaces - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Pro method: Go to west arch and pm random ppl for money.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Charge zen > sell for coin > buy decent enough gear to farm.

You could also try questing for startup coin and merchanting, but the previous method is quicker.

or he could try like...hmm maybe..playing the game? O wait sorry too much work. I shouldn't expect people to actually PLAY.

If you join an active faction that runs TTs then you can probably get into runs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you have ANY coins, try to get at least some 1* armor from ah or even npc. At least then you can do something. Getting from nearly no gear to TT80 gold is impossible without just charging zen. Got to start out with something, so you can at least grind/do quests.

If you really have 0 coins and can't even get some 1* armor, there are is only the herb/matt farming option.

Maybe you have a friend who can lend you some old armor, or give you some bh drop gear he'd just npc...

To get back to decent gear again, I would start herb farming till you got complete gear (even if just 1* npc ****), then herb farming + sub farming + grind till you can do 1-1 singlemode which should get you to 360k minimum a day with fairy boxes. You can also do bh for drops and lvl genies with the exp once you got some gear. Will take some time to go from 0 to TT80 though.
    If you join an active faction that runs TTs then you can probably get into runs

Would you take someone without armor that will die every aoe? Main priority would be to get something equipped.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Kill lvl 20 mobs for coin drops until you have 5k.

Buy a pickaxe

Farm lvl 1 herbs for a week

Buy semi decent gear

Quest/Farm/Sell drops

Farm TT some more

Do TT and FC so you can lvl enough for better instances

Buy better gear

Farm some more

Sell all your gear/possessions

Merch the coin you had

Buy R9 and faceroll everyone who didn't let you squad with them for TT when you had no gear
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Kill lvl 20 mobs for coin drops until you have 5k.

Buy a pickaxe

Farm lvl 1 herbs for a week

Buy semi decent gear

Quest/Farm/Sell drops

Farm TT some more

Do TT and FC so you can lvl enough for better instances

Buy better gear

Farm some more

Sell all your gear/possessions

Merch the coin you had

Buy R9 and faceroll everyone who didn't let you squad with them for TT when you had no gear

What are you gonna do with the spare 3k coin :o ? Didn't pickaxes only cost 2k?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What are you gonna do with the spare 3k coin :o ? Didn't pickaxes only cost 2k?

Sadness cards. 3000 of them, in this case. b:avoid
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sadness cards. 3000 of them, in this case. b:avoid

To drop on the ppl you faceroll pk'd o,o ofc! Why didn't I see that before! *facepalm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Didn't you know? PWI's crazy sales caused inflation and raised the price of pickaxes b:avoid
  • JSXJoe - Sanctuary
    JSXJoe - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have no gears besides my rank ring and a bound necklace + my old TT70 axes, I'm Trying to get my TT80 Feng Heavy armors but i have no money to buy mats and no ones willing to run a gearless BM through what ever chapters in TT for the mats. and of course don't have gears to grind for cash which would be a hassle and take way to long anyway.

But for real now! I started over 1 and a half month ago on the german server and my barb is lvl90 now, I didn't charged anything there and I got 35k rep chest, gold 90 bracers, tt90 legs and shoes all +4 refine and TT90 Gold axes and how did I got it =? well I farmed it with my gfs wizard and my friends Mystic and my own cleric alt...so it was a little work but since it was x2 I needed 1 run each 2-3 and 3-1 to get one tt90 part for example. So stop being lazy, grab some friends and farm that *****.

Note: I didn't farmed like hell played around 4 hours a day and on weekend maybe 8-10 hours the most but not TT all the time, so if you have a goal you want to achieve then you surely will. This game can be played for free...if you play all alone then it's very hard and if you want High End gear all by yourself...=? Forget about that, you cant do it without others anyways.

My suggestion for the OP...you can use 2 clients legally at the same time, get yourself a cleric alt at + lvl70 with IH, Purify, Rez and BB at maximum possible then you'll be fine doing lots of thing all by yourself. You gotta use what you can use, thats the only ways to do at least quite a bit solo...if you're not a heave CSer =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am really honered, ty b:victory

My Chars:
    101 Demon Blademaster. 101 Demon Barbarian,
    100 Sage Seeker, 100 Sage Cleric, 100 Demon Assassin,
    101 Demon Cleric, 93 Demon Archer, 101 Sage Venomancer,
    89 Demon Psychic, 100 Sage Mystic, 100 Demon Wizard
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Can i have a guesstimate on how much coin it will cost for atleast TT80 gold heavy plate
    the mats needed are

Fengs steel armor x2,
    Mane of consumer of souls x8
    Klunky sword x16 << 2000k - 5000k i know that
    subs x18<< roughly 30 - 50k each

I'm on my lvl 30 mystic grinding in a secret place for rough fur, im getting on average 20 rough fur every 10 mins that i can sell at 8k to another player plus additional drops but i still dont think its enough.

I was hoping to have my TT80 ready by tomorrow night but beggars cant be choosers right.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    But for real now! I started over 1 and a half month ago on the german server and my barb is lvl90 now, I didn't charged anything there and I got 35k rep chest, gold 90 bracers, tt90 legs and shoes all +4 refine and TT90 Gold axes and how did I got it =? well I farmed it with my gfs wizard and my friends Mystic and my own cleric alt...so it was a little work but since it was x2 I needed 1 run each 2-3 and 3-1 to get one tt90 part for example. So stop being lazy, grab some friends and farm that *****.

Note: I didn't farmed like hell played around 4 hours a day and on weekend maybe 8-10 hours the most but not TT all the time, so if you have a goal you want to achieve then you surely will. This game can be played for free...if you play all alone then it's very hard and if you want High End gear all by yourself...=? Forget about that, you cant do it without others anyways.

My suggestion for the OP...you can use 2 clients legally at the same time, get yourself a cleric alt at + lvl70 with IH, Purify, Rez and BB at maximum possible then you'll be fine doing lots of thing all by yourself. You gotta use what you can use, thats the only ways to do at least quite a bit solo...if you're not a heave CSer =P

lol WTF did you just call me lazy, dude im not lazy i am farming like a crazy guy on steroids, but its just not enough i have to save for plat charms as well, and my lappy is good enough to run 2 clients ive tried, im just asking what is the easiest way to obtain with out having gear ti quest with. lol
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited September 2011

If your in a guild, see if everyone can chip in - maybe create a thread on your guild forum and list what people loaned to you, so you can give it back (and make note when the item(s) are returned and both agree they were.

I had a friend borrow my sins gear, and then go *poof* - I had to refarm every single piece of it (she was lvl 70). If I see them - I suggest they run fast and hide well.

If you do not have a guild, think about farming mats (you dig for them) and buy very cheap molders. When I was broke I farmed those metal guys that drop their arms up in the the Village of Naught. They die fast, and the DQ items vend back to the NPC decent.

Think about digging mats like Tulips around 1K - and resell them to people up in 1k (in bulk it adds up).

Sorry but no quick and easy way to recoup unless someone steps up to help you. And if they do - APPRECIATE what they give and do not ask for more and more and more. Humble is the key word here.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Andromada, don't listen to the trolls. >_>

I guarantee you that you will not even need the TT80 gold armors. Seeing as you would be done with them at 90 and they can never be resold, their use is very limited and investing in them is probably not the best idea for you.

Alternatively, get Proud Plate of Corsair and Cuisses of Sea Captain, then find some decent 3* boots and bracers (or hell, just get 1* NPC gears if necessary). Those are all very cheap gears and can easily be acquired by farming, as Aizza suggests.

I will post a build shortly so you can see what I mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    NPC-drop gear isn't actually completely useless.
    It's not as good as green or gold gear, obviously - but it's significantly better than nothing. And you can get it for free by killing things.
    (And who knows - you may get insanely lucky and find the almost mythical -18% channel, or -0.15 interval gear)

From there you can proceed to the TT stuff.

Or, you know, in future don't rush and out-level your gear so quickly?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Making a second post since someone posted after me now. The following builds are to help the OP with budget gears.

For a Lv80-85 BM on a budget, this is the build I would suggest. Items on this build include:

Cudgel of Ancient Alloy - Cheap as hell to get on HT (probably on your server as well). You should be able to find this for easily 50k or less.
    Proud Plate of Corsair - Same as the weapon, extremely cheap mold item.
    Cuisses of Sea Captain - Another extremely cheap mold item.
    Galemark Greaves/Gauntlets - FF green gears, usually go for a few hundred K and are equippable at 85. If this is beyond your budget, you should do fine with 3*s or even NPC gears.
    Equine Talisman - Fairly cheap mold item, I recently bought one for 250k.
    Pirate King's Seal - Even cheaper than the necklace. Elemental orns are probably best for you at this level and above, since you already have good pdef from wearing heavy armor.
    Helmet of Pirate - Also very cheap, can easily find for 100k or less.

Total cost of this set: I'd say less than 1mil without the FF gears, maybe 1.5-2mil at most with them.

For reference, this is the build I modeled it after. It's for my Barb at lv85, and it adds these gears:
    Misty Forest Ring - These can go as high as 1mil sometimes but are usually a good investment.
    Ring of the Drum God - These can go very cheap these days because you can get one for free through the "achievement token shop."
    Cape of Tauran Chieftain - This one is fairly expensive so I would not recommend it if you're on a budget. The only reason it's here is because that particular one is a hand-me-down from my main. :P
    Tome of Hyperbolic Boasts - Just a standard Lv1 tome, you can get them for 1mil or so when you have that much to spare.

Obviously my barb has a different build from a standard BM. I gave "your" build enough Str to equip the Cudgel weapon, enough Dex to equip a TT80 fist, and put the remainder into Vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the input guys has helped in some way or another

I originally had a axe build (for aoe) and a fist build (for DD) lol but when i reached lvl 80 i didnt have enough str or dex to make my TT80 axes or fists and that was with +10 dex tome (which i gave to someone for FCing my lvl 1 cleric to lvl 33 for fun.

The reason i need those gears are because of the stats im reverting my BM back into a tank build (Axe) but the gears will also give me the required strength to let me make my TT80 weps

I decided to spend the last 150k i had on getting my R4-5-6 again this time not sharded.

I have already bought 1 mane of consumers of souls (hahaha) and the required amount of the 2k-5k mats for my heavy plate but hey i guess im lvling my mystic up at the same time.

BTW what chapter is TT80 and what bosses drop my required mats or should i just look that up in another forum thread.