[Announcement] Anniversary Contest Winners!

13»

Comments

• SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    gamekillz wrote: »
    You know, I actually tried to look for that post but couldn't find it, so I used the post the made on facebook as reference, my bad. :D

But even still, the rest of my post still stands.

Edit: Sorry for posting on my alt. I am also Ivei.

I actually had the page linked in the picture i posted so my friends would know wtf the picture was all about, so was kinda easy for me to find the post again to link here.
  • Yuna_Love - Raging Tide
    Yuna_Love - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Congratz to the contest winners b:victory
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

You're all correct, Rose Waters did post a day too late. However, since that was our bad, Rose will still be considered a winner and we'll just pick one more.

Also, I'll take the opportunity to defend the selection of Rose Waters. Some say it wasn't creative enough. To that I'll respond that there is more to an image than what the character is actually doing. I felt that the framing of the image was really well done, and that the skin color, hair color, eye color, and hair style all really worked well together to create a very appealing shot.

Anyway, enough about that; here is the 3rd and final winner of our facebook profile contest:

Marry Crow

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/pwi/content/newwinnermarry.jpg

So congrats to Marry, and thanks to everyone for participating.
  • IVei - Harshlands
    IVei - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

You're all correct, Rose Waters did post a day too late. However, since that was our bad, Rose will still be considered a winner and we'll just pick one more.

Also, I'll take the opportunity to defend the selection of Rose Waters. Some say it wasn't creative enough. To that I'll respond that there is more to an image than what the character is actually doing. I felt that the framing of the image was really well done, and that the skin color, hair color, eye color, and hair style all really worked well together to create a very appealing shot.

Anyway, enough about that; here is the 3rd and final winner of our facebook profile contest:

Marry Crow

Thank you for atleast owning up to your mistake and picking a valid entry, it brings me new hope to PWE and its employees. Congatulations Marry.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

Marry Crow

Congratulations Marry. Rose, you have enviable luck. In the end, it doesn't really matter if we agree with you as a winner; you are still are the one with the free awesomesauce keyboard. That's all that matters at the end of the day. Frankie, I don't think anyone would argue that her character isn't pretty. The issue was that the character is the gentle preset (which has that same skin and eye color by the way) and the only thing different is her hair color and haircut. So it was basically like sending the message that the TB are prettier naturally, and thus deserve to win no matter how many hours someone else may have put into it. I agree the framing of her picture was excellent, and the name is creative. It's a very pretty character. It's just not creative as it's a preset character with a different haircut, and creativity was part of the requirements for the contest. When you heap it on top of the fact she entered late, people who entered the contest feel a little upset. People who were planning on entering your contests in the future, wonder if there is really a point if you aren't even checking if the contestants meet the bare minimum requirements. That one was clearly one of the most convenient posts to pick.

At any rate, I think you guys made the right call in allowing her to keep a keyboard, even if I would still have bumped it down to honorable mention and gave the real winner the spotlight on the post. In the end it was the companys mistake and she shouldn't be punished for that.

edit: Also, I'm really glad to see you picked people who didn't use ini edits to get a leg up on the competition. And Marry is indeed a good creative pick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

Marry Crow

I am s0rry but that is just h0rse **** b:bye. H0w much were you paid t0 say this???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • KageNoHana - Heavens Tear
    KageNoHana - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    how...not even remotely interesting

This. To the max.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=950126001&dateline=1316761779[/SIGPIC]
    Disclaimer: I am nobody's mommy, nanny, pawn, messenger, therapist, or groupie. I am not responsible for what happens to you if you say something stupid in my presence.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thank you for atleast owning up to your mistake and picking a valid entry, it brings me new hope to PWE and its employees. Congatulations Marry.

Frankie's not afraid to admit when he/they're wrong i'll give him that, although it took quite some time to get a response/rebuttal and that is bad..

also, congrats mary, i especially like that the only game listed is PWI.. ;)
  • BigDiamond - Lost City
    BigDiamond - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Every one knows that iam the PEOPLES Champ in this contest PWI just doesnt have the copy rights to post my chars as the winner that is all b:victory

ps: some rich CSer send me a key board =P b:laugh
  • adramalech
    adramalech Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey frankieraye or whoever the mods are... i have a question... my friend who won the contest Kathryn Farr-Simon... well she has not recieved any message about how to claim her prize yet... is there anyway you can contact her or me to let her know? i know according to the forums they were supposed to be contacted within like 24 hours... but she never got anything and she tried everything... she now gave up on getting the prize.. can you do something to help her out with this?

Thanks
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Every one knows that iam the PEOPLES Champ in this contest PWI just doesnt have the copy rights to post my chars as the winner that is all b:victory

ps: some rich CSer send me a key board =P b:laugh

I think Kathryn deserved it just as much as you did, her character looks a lot like her. Although, your shrek was pretty kick butt. I think ini edits were probably disqualified though, as they aren't allowed in game I don't think they would be allowed in such a contest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit