To those that have quit but still come here, I have a question...

Michael_Dark - Lost City
Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
If you've quit the game... and by that I mean, you don't log in for weeks at a time, have completely uninstalled, here ya go:

Would you start playing again if there were a pre-tideborn or current 'hardcore' server without a boutique? (or at least no hypers... old frost, old lunar, old HH... reverse all the 'simple mode'. If you want to level, you'll have to grind or zhen the old fashion way type-thing. NO PACKS, NO HYPERS, NO TOKENS. No easy skillbooks, etc...

I have quit, but if there were a pre-tideborn 'hardcore' mode server, I would play again.
I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
Post edited by Michael_Dark - Lost City on

Comments

• PsychoIogy - Sanctuary
    PsychoIogy - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If that was the scenario, yes I most definitely would.

It would bring back the passion that inflamed me to play in the first place. To actually play the game for what it is, actually make friends in game / vent and have interesting yet fun conversations with unforgettable people. I met extremely amazing people while I actually played back then.

Ahh 2008 how I've missed you so. There was always a boutique, but nothing game breaking in the boutique.

And also, no packs period in any way, shape or form.
    Played PWI - November 2008 - December 2009.

Retired. b:bye
  • Amup - Raging Tide
    Amup - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have not quit and would totally play on a server with no boutique, where all HAS to be farmed. Of course some adjustments would have to be done (Like if no boutique, where do you get tokens ? Make Npc sell them ?

Although a server like that would bring absolutly no money..So I doubt it would actually happen. If it did though, I would be one going once in a while on it, too many people i still like to help on my server to completly ditch it..
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:shocked The horror of not having MP food b:cry NOOOOOOOOOO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I voted for 2 because I like some of the new classes and content.

However, the Sins need to be nerfed.

Also, I think if there is no boutique (and therefore no hypers) the standard XP gain rate should be about X2-X4.

At X1 xp the game is way too grindy.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Nope 5 character
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:shocked The horror of not having MP food b:cry NOOOOOOOOOO!
    tokens can be obtained other ways, they are just not implemented on our servers

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/24721
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    When I saw "hardcore" I thought a server where if you die, you're dead, game over.. or something naughty.

Answer is obvious -- no, I'm sticking to my server. With how little content this game churns out and how much of it I've already experienced, on top of the alts I've lvl'd, I won't do it all over again. Sorry. This is it for me, and when I quit HT I quit playing for good, as well as the forums, which is likely in the very near future.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Also, I think if there is no boutique (and therefore no hypers) the standard XP gain rate should be about X2-X4.

At X1 xp the game is way too grindy.
    the tables just need to be modified, that would make things more worth-while
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    'hardcore' server without a boutique? (or at least no hypers... old frost, old lunar, old HH... reverse all the 'simple mode'. If you want to level, you'll have to grind or zhen the old fashion way type-thing. NO PACKS, NO HYPERS, NO TOKENS. No easy skillbooks, etc...
    Question: are you saying P2P server? Or a boutique without packs and hypers? They have to make money somehow.

I think Zhenning which means boutique with Charms etc is the way to go for leveling. Wizzies, Archers and now Seekers could Zhen and it would still take work but would still be fun. (note: this would be with say X4 xp as standard) Then you would actually get some decently noticeable results.

Mounts, Fashion etc. is also ok since they don't really affect the balance of the game.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I've played my-en. No way I'm going back to that heavy grind ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    If you've quit the game... and by that I mean, you don't log in for weeks at a time, have completely uninstalled, here ya go:

Would you start playing again if there were a pre-tideborn or current 'hardcore' server without a boutique? (or at least no hypers... old frost, old lunar, old HH... reverse all the 'simple mode'. If you want to level, you'll have to grind or zhen the old fashion way type-thing. NO PACKS, NO HYPERS, NO TOKENS. No easy skillbooks, etc...

I have quit, but if there were a pre-tideborn 'hardcore' mode server, I would play again.

Do we assume it's a PVP server (don't care either way)? But to answer, no I haven't quit, but if that kind of server came out (updated, i like tideborn xD), I "may" play it. It's just the thought of starting all over again lving from 1-whatever sounds like a turn-off. b:surrender
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would play...
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I still play because of my online friends, otherwise I would have been gone a long time ago.

Honestly I have always felt like the TB and EG areas are just so out of place compared to the rest of the map and the overall content of this new expansion seems more thrown-together-at-the-last second than the Rising Tide expansion.

So yeah I would play a 'hardcore' pre-TB version of PW if it was more of an optional server to play. It would be fun to farm mats for FF gold and Lunar gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hell no : this game is outdated ..even if they would make a new server whit no packs/rep/orbs sale.....i would not play it...why? because i actually like to do new things not repeat the same stuff for years. There are so many new games that are about to go live( good games whit new features better graphics etc) that i don't see the point to play something that has nothing new to offer. So no ty..the only reason i come here on the forums is that i find the QQ's entertaining. And the reason i log in game is cause i still have friends and i want to say hello.

Have a nice day!!!b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • Vaugh - Lost City
    Vaugh - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oldskool! I like it! Im still playing since they open servers in europe, but if those servers gets ruin by cashshopers, i would consider re-rolling on an oldschool hardcore server. Without tideborn ofc. Normal exp rate aswell. And no tokens.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If there was a "I have quit and I would play a "Hardcore" pre-TB version with no p2w items in the cash shop", I'd vote for that, I can still remember the days of being around level 80 in TW and being a threat/factor because the game wasn't so much gear based and aps based as it is now, never will that fun live again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If theres no boutique, then there must be a subsription fee i woudl assume. You should add that to your poll. Would thoses saying they would start over on a new server be willing to pay 15 to 30 dollars a month?

I voted, i would not start a "hardcore server" just because the thought of starting over is a bit daunting. But if the PW new server was actually free and no boutique, i might give it a try.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't mind the boutique but only as it was in the early days (where else would I get my fashion b:shocked). I miss those early days so much though, I would definitely reroll on a pre-TB hardcore server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Alliekatt - Lost City
    Alliekatt - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No, I wouldn't still play
    As great/tempting as that sounds, quitting the game for as long as I have makes me realize how silly spending all that time on a game was. I have found things that are a lot more important to me and no easymode=more time investment that alas I do not have.

I am glad I quit over a year ago before the rep sales and the orb sales. b:shocked I can only imagine the rage

ps hi michael :)<3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    No, I wouldn't still play
    As great/tempting as that sounds, quitting the game for as long as I have makes me realize how silly spending all that time on a game was. I have found things that are a lot more important to me and no easymode=more time investment that alas I do not have.

I am glad I quit over a year ago before the rep sales and the orb sales. b:shocked I can only imagine the rage

ps hi michael :)<3

Aww, noone remembers me D: xD.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I quit like 7 months ago, and what you described in the opening post is basically how I played until i was around level 91.

Even though those times were the most fun I had on the game I don't think I would play again. Simply because it took way too much time to level back than. Think about being in a fish grinding party with mijis for one hour and gaining a max of 2.5%.

On the other hand the pvp was amazing back than, when people actually had to go outside safezone besides West gate, silver pool, and mq.
  • Alliekatt - Lost City
    Alliekatt - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Aww, noone remembers me D: xD.

D: I did not see you thar!
    <33333 Kris I miss you really dearly.

Also @ Moog
    you scrub
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lol level 98?

lowbie smh....
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    D: I did not see you thar!
    <33333 Kris I miss you really dearly.

Also @ Moog
    you scrub

<-miss u too (u should say hi sometime xD)

Ok back on topic b:cute.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Interesting poll.

I voted for the hardcore pre-TB option, but I'd be fairly happy playing on a hardcore current server, too. The reason I voted pre-TB instead of current is, for the most part, because a pre-TB server might actually have a fair PVP system that I'd want to take part in. :o (assuming there are no pack gears)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • aclucius318
    aclucius318 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would play it as long as just the new classes were kept (and nerfed where needed). I love Bounty Hunter, but it just gives too much exp/sp. If it could be changed to give good rewards but very little exp/sp, I'd be all for keeping it on a server like this.

Anyways, I love the Seeker class, it really is my favorite and it works exactly how I want a class to work. As long as I could still play it, I'd be fine with playing on a server like this. If it was pre-TB, then I'd consider it but probably not play on it.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Sorry but Assassian is and always has been my choice in mmorpgs. I also really like my smaller Psy.

But, sure - I can live w/o a CS - IF - the drops were better and -IF- they put back FC and TT the way it was originally.
  • Miiya - Raging Tide
    Miiya - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i quit shortly after the first rep sale. but because i'm the kind of person who shamelessly gawks at car accidents, i still check out the pwi site and forums once a week or so. and wow, it has NOT been disappointing the last couple of weeks. b:chuckle

that said, the business practices and ineptitude of the company alone would keep me away from any of the hypothetical "hardcore mode" servers listed as options in the poll. it would, after all, still be run by the same people.

no, if i wanted to play pw, i'd just play on a private server.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I have quit also I would like to say the I would, but I dunno. If I did it probably would but definitely not be like I did during the pre-tideborn. I loved oldschool pwi but I completely hated those quests lol. But now that I look back at it, it was so fun back then meeting new people and making friends based off questing. I made some of my best friend doing quests. These days not many people are out there questing so kinda harder to make good friends.

If all of my friends that have also quit pwi all came back, then I probably would play it, but it still wouldn't be the same. I had some good times in this game but I don't think I'd be up for it again.

The game now is a hot mess lol, I still log in on this game every now and then but then I realize why I quit everytime lol.

If I would wanna do that I might as well go play a private server with lower exp rate.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Jay_Dubbz wrote:
    If I would wanna do that I might as well go play a private server with lower exp rate.
    These do not exist.

Trust me, I've searched for some and pretty much all of them have either an abhorrently inflated exp rate, or some other quality that makes them undesirable. One friend of mine apparently left PWI for a pserver where you level by "voting" - i.e. you click that little button on their site that says HAY PLZ VOET 4 US CUZ WE NEED EPEEN KTHXBAI. Which is really the problem with pservers - 90% of them are run by teenagers with god complexes.

So until somebody shows me a stable, up-to-date pserver with all the problems fixed and no god complexes among the management, I'm just gonna keep assuming that PWI is the best we can get for now. >_>

(that was NOT a request to post pserver names here, in case you were wondering >_>)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).