New sales are = to this.

Options
Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
Nubispotze - Heavens Tear Posts: 512 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Look up PWRD on nasdaq stocks, you will noticed the HUGE drop the day they took out orbs from the shop.

its down -19.40% so u wonder why pwi is changing stuff? money. they lose 42.6 MILLION, real $$$$$ yestarday. so today was an effort to try and stop more money loss.
Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.
Post edited by Nubispotze - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That's interesting, because if anything, these changes are making me less likely to charge zen. Not in an "OMG I'm so mad you get no more money QQ", but rather I don't know where they're planning to go with this, and I don't like to spend money when I don't know what I'm going to be getting.

Taking things away from players after so many have already been able to reap the benefits of them just makes it harder for new players to get their foot in. I would be more supportive of them offering new things but making those new things hard to obtain, while leaving the current stuff the way it has been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Look up PWRD on nasdaq stocks, you will noticed the HUGE drop the day they took out orbs from the shop.

its down -19.40% so u wonder why pwi is changing stuff? money. they lose 42.6 MILLION, real $$$$$ yestarday. so today was an effort to try and stop more money loss.

Stop misquoting the news. The reason for the drop was that they revised the 3rd quarter revenue forecast downward.

The orb sale was a bad decision but the timing was just a coincidence.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Regardless of their drops and whatever, just downhill from here.

The game is becoming more and more of a mess.

Last 6months of updates have been nothing but a disapointing waste of time.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Stop misquoting the news. The reason for the drop was that they revised the 3rd quarter revenue forecast downward.

The orb sale was a bad decision but the timing was just a coincidence.

right.......

oh btw, u dont just forcast it and drop 19% in 1 day

silly noob, just because you can read. Does not mean you know how the market works. or what effects it.
    Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That's interesting, because if anything, these changes are making me less likely to charge zen. Not in an "OMG I'm so mad you get no more money QQ", but rather I don't know where they're planning to go with this, and I don't like to spend money when I don't know what I'm going to be getting.

Actually, I am OMG I am so mad at you, you get no more $.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

You think Boutique sales has an immediate effect on stock prices?

/facepalm
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You think Boutique sales has an immediate effect on stock prices?

/facepalm

pretty sure, Terms of Stock holders that play this game. that can see the life of this game not lasting long, with all these kind of sales going on. yes Boutique sales have immediate effects.

are u to ................. to see this. b:beatup
    edited September 2011
    Options

silly noob, just because you can read. Does not mean you know how the market works. or what effects it.

Lol, I used to work in the Financial Industry. Yes an official announcement of a downward adjustment in management projections can easily drop a company's stock price 19% in one day.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    pretty sure, Terms of Stock holders that play this game. that can see the life of this game not lasting long, with all these kind of sales going on. yes Boutique sales have immediate effects.

Please go back to school. You still have a LOT to learn.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

You know what's kinda ironic?
    silly noob, just because you can read
    silly noob, just because you
    silly noob
    noob

That applies to you too. b:chuckle

And seriously, just because you don't charge $$$ for coins/Boutique items doesn't directly impact the value of the stocks. Especially not with an international game, and the parent half (PW-CN) being mostly farming based. I'd take it that investors would be more interested in the number of new players, amount of new content, planned upgrades, and how happy, or unhappy, the playerbase is, and how likely it is that more people will invest in the game in the future.

Seeing how there's no real 'good' content coming up (R8/R9 recast good? Heh, debatable), the last expansion was a half-assed flop (we STILL don't have half of what was promised us then!), the playerbase is quite unhappy with the current game-state, and with the dip, it looks like a bunch of people jumped ship on this company's stocks, which isn't likely to interest future investors. Add in the fact the parent company is in China, and it's not that appealing to invest in.

If I were looking to invest in a company, I'd invest in Blizzard. They're constantly adding new stuff, new content, and have had CONSTANT growth where Wanmei has had stagnation and even losses. Then again, Activision and Blizzard are now one and the say, since they merged/Blizzard bought Activision.

Whereas Wanmei/PWE are buying unproductive titles and Failed MMO's and doing nothing with them, and have let their 'flagship' MMO flounder (depending on which MMO REALLY IS their Flagship).

Take your pick.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'd take it that investors would be more interested in the number of new players, amount of new content, planned upgrades, and how happy, or unhappy, the playerbase is, and how likely it is that more people will invest in the game in the future.

Seeing how there's no real 'good' content coming up (R8/R9 recast good? Heh, debatable), the last expansion was a half-assed flop (we STILL don't have half of what was promised us then!), the playerbase is quite unhappy with the current game-state, and with the dip, it looks like a bunch of people jumped ship on this company's stocks, which isn't likely to interest future investors.

Very eloquently written. b:pleased
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    OmG Michael are Mr.Bunny b:surprised b:heart

Topic: Judge it yourself.... b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Noobis QQ'ing again because he's mad he missed out on +12, now everyone has it except him b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I missed out on it too! bring the sale back! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Very eloquently written. b:pleased

b:thanks TY.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I missed out on it too! bring the sale back! b:thanks

I missed out on it too, and I don't care. My +10 daggers will carry me thru the game; I'm not spent about it. I think ppl put too much emphasis on being "better than the rest". No sense in getting all upset about it, its not like they are unattainable, its just a bit more expensive with the removal of the orbs.
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    True say, I guess it gives me a "goal" to work towards, I mean I just +11 my claws for 80m which isn't too bad I must say. Just too bad a lot of people got +12 for a lot cheaper than others before them and after them b:cry but it's all cool b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

you are a ****ing moron if you think orbs were the sole reason for this drop. stop trying to pretend as if you know anything at all because it only makes you look more stupid. and stop trying to spread false information.

orbs are not the reason for the drop.
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

You do realise that the nasdaq stock market was closed for the day well before the announce to remove the orbs so there's no way that those 2 things were related.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People should quit trying to correlate screwups in how PWI is handled with PWRD stock. PWI is only one game in Perfect World's portfolio and this version of the game is tiny with respect to all the millions that play PW-CN.

Also investors only get results every quarter. Orb sales won't factor in at all until the next quarterly report.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Not necessarily sir.

Let's study your suggestion, that game-changing sales, that lower the gap between the cash shoppers and the farmers affect PWI directly in the market.

By your logic every sale that makes the gap between cash shoppers and farmers would have been translated into a growth of the index, while every sale that closes the gap, would provoke a fall in PWI stock:

PWI greatest changes in their stocks and their respective sales
    http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=PWRD+Interactive#chart34:symbol=pwrd;range=1y;indicator=ke_sd+volume+mfi+volumema;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on

November 16th 2010 (31.45), December 10th 2010 (22.30) (This was also during the first week of the general summers sale. you know, before people realized that you could get medals of DQ points, so barely a few cashers got it).

Sales:
    Tiger Packs: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=155581
    Black Friday: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=155581
    Wonderland Fashion: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=159811
    50% off of everything: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=159851
    Pigment sales: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=163831
    General Summer Sale: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=159291
    Pack Sale (Too lazy to continue linking)

January 24th (24) - February 22nd (21.42) (Second General summer sale, with Medals still in DQ shop)
    Tiger Packs: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=183511
    General Summer Sale (Again): http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=192411

From March 30th until April 19th, PWI index goes up 8 points (General summer sale, pack sale)
    True Gem and Orbs packs sale (also known as how you used to get +12 orbs): http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=218521
    Another General Summer Sale http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=225891
    Pack Sale: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=226181
    Black Pigment Sale http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=228941

April 19th (29.2)- May 16th (23.04) First General Summer sale that didn't had medals in DQ shop or in the boutique.

Dragon Orbs: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=239141
    Easter Sales: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=234011
    Packs 60% off: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=239081

May 26th (26.29) - June 18th (17.28) It's the first general summer sale that had medals in the boutique

Last big stock growth happened actually during the last general summer sale: August 8th, to August 23rd.

Meh I could just go on, but you can do that, I think this should be enough evidence that sale hardly ever influences the stock exchange. Mostly because most stock holders are probably don't even know what the eff PWI is. It's just part of their retirement portfolio...

It's very simple, if the stock market reacted to cash shop sales, then you'd have a very cyclic stock behavior.

It's always 2x during Anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring Break.
    It's always D-Orb sale during an American Holiday
    D-Orb sales are generally followed by a General Summer sale.
    Even if packs are always in the shop (disregarding which pack is), there's few ocasions their price drops under 50%: Anniversary, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Around U.S. Tax-Refund dates.
    Every 3 months you get a 15% bonus zen in a random week. Normally before a big sale. Just to troll you :P

I'm sure others know this trends better than me, you know, those that actually played year round. If you were to look at the evolution of their stock index, you can't read any of this sales or events in them. As I've shown you above. Stocks have both risen and fell during both orb sales and general summer sales....

Don't get mad cause people can't agree to your point of view. I agree with you that the +12 sale must have upset plenty of cash shoppers that +12ed all their toons at 400-500 gold per gear piece. And now they could've gotten it for less than 200 gold per piece. I would assume that they did send their tickets complaining about it and threatened to no longer charge, or something. I also don't buy the spooky tale of those evil +12 orbs crashing clients...

But to say that the stock market reacted to the sale, is like GMs trying to convince us that the price of gold depended on TW pay.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im not surprised. some of us HAVE spent time in the corporate world. some of us HAVE seen how business works to some degree. I said back last winter after they shuffled the R9 badges out of DQ.. "You can't keep changing the stuff in game and inadvertantly playing favorites and alienating a bunch of other" [sic] at that point i felt this game was on its way to a point where they reap as much cash as they are going to and pull the plug.

Personally(like one of the first posters also said) i have little confidence as to where this game is going. i stopped buying zen at that point (feb-march)after just getting going on regular purchase.

BTW, earnings announcements definitely can trigger immediate movement.

i have been asking about what inflation level will finally gut the farmer coin generator base out. if gold hits 2mil, R9 hits 3bil. that really gets sour whne considering how many people got theirs for a [relative] song. everyone else up and coming: bend over and grease 'em.

or you could just get done dropping $500 to set some gear up and it will all be near free through some upcoming tweakfail that becomes an exploit or intro of next level gear OR WHATEVER. and you feel crushed because some game change screwed you over.

recasting R9 LOL. uh..you still need the R9 in the first place, so the few, the proud, get prouder. PWi painted themselves into a pretty nasty corner named "whoodooyooscroo"

bottom line: awesome free game, but my cash stays in my pocket, or probly blizzards when D3 comes out here FINALLY
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i have been asking about what inflation level will finally gut the farmer coin generator base out. if gold hits 2mil, R9 hits 3bil. that really gets sour whne considering how many people got theirs for a [relative] song. everyone else up and coming: bend over and grease 'em.

bottom line: awesome free game, but my cash stays in my pocket, or probly blizzards when D3 comes out here FINALLY

Inflation has also killed the new player base. A year or 2 ago you could actually buy/sell decent low to mid level 3* armor and weps from the AH.

Now it is mostly worthless and most people don't even bother picking up and auctioning them. As an established player 2+ yrs, that isn't a problem for me I just hand down some of my legendary stuff.

So how does a new player make any coin/gold? Basically they can't or the amount they make is minuscule. They get frustrated and leave before the bug hits them and they decide to spend some money on Zen.

Regarding stock prices, the biggest shareholders are Institutional Investors. Probably Mutual Funds and the like.

Analysts are probably going to routinely (and after a major price movement) come to the Forums, Google other forums, see all the QQ about SP, inflation, Sin OP etc. (sort by number of views and posts) and ... well you can imagine the impression they get.

Many have downgraded the stock.

Well, I happen to like the game until a better one comes out, so I hope this is a wakeup call for management.
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    hey Dr J, i'm a hardcore farmer...actually becasue it's relaxing from the real world horsepucky.

but i also have ben playing for almost 2yrs. it used to be stiff competition out there for mats. now i can cruise the entire NW quarter of the map on a monster route and get every hit and not see anyone else picking anything, i start at tradewinds and circle the whole thing including the gothe's tulips lol. all the way back to tradewind. takes a long time and i actually get bored..no challenge...was not like this before.

hence my ongoing curiosity about the coin farmer base.

edit: that's 3 different levels of materials i pass by also, all are there.
    even way down at the other end, by lake of woe used to be a zoo when i was farming moths w/e a year ago (main is a cleric not cheetah lol..barbs are the anti-farmer for me ) constant stream of mat hunters. i can go on a nostalgic metal run down there and besically get them all, and then again on the way back..no route, just random try my luck..no one runs routes much anymore

moar editz: breaktime is over. i think i'll shoot angel ladies off the front porch up in heaven..very peaceful up there. maybe occasional book learner or someone going to the instance, but basically deserted.
  • XOSentretOX - Lost City
    XOSentretOX - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hello, I just have to say that I agree with most of these posts (not that it matters i guess) but i was actually just on vent with a guildee talking about how much this game has changed and where its headed. interestingly enough, it all comes down to the same thing, $. In my opinion what this game needs is some way to bring back that spark it first had with new players when it began, now it seems like even as another thread states, New players are a rare sighting, and even rarer is a new player that stays. Idk, maybe all pw wants to keep are ppl who have 10x chars and keep spending money on alts. I honestly miss what this game was about, and yeah, ive cash shopped a bit but it isnt even about that , its about the overall game experience.Thanks for reading my rant and sorry if i deviated from the economical aspect of this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    yeah ill make a better sig >///>
    edited September 2011
    Options
    In my opinion what this game needs is some way to bring back that spark it first had with new players when it began,
    I think the only way to bring that spark back is to make a new server with NO FF, or at least no hypers in FF (for those who don't know PWCN does NOT allow hypers in FF). Cap APS way down, nerf Sin Stealth and telestun.

Basically make it so that on that server it isn't super easy to level up even with real $$.

The game is about the journey, most people seem to have forgotten that and only aim for endgame. Then they QQ because there is no more content and all they can do is do endless Nirvana runs.

When was the last time you heard a WC for the 40-90 Bosses? I kinda miss how exciting it was to get a squad to kill Mantavip and Jewel and Krimson.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol i find it kinda funny how the OP just vanishedb:chuckle
  • XOSentretOX - Lost City
    XOSentretOX - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    When was the last time you heard a WC for the 40-90 Bosses? I kinda miss how exciting it was to get a squad to kill Mantavip and Jewel and Krimson.

Exactly, I mean ppl dont even do fb's anymore (as much as they used to for the rep etc). I've had countless ppl just tell me to kill the first boss for culti and move on (fb69) -.- whats that about.... Idk.... youre completely right imo, frost is ok, but why not make it open just for the levels it was intended first. I think its an 8x instance right? make it 80-89 or you cant get in (not just saying cause im 8x) but yeah, i think its good that ppl get bored of this game when they reach "endgame" because its their fault they didnt enjoy it. I can look back at my original character and even this one and say i had fun helping guildees do bosses, remembering zhen parties and occasional pvp that broke out due to spots being taken, even just exploring the land before autotrack and how fun it was to enjoy the landscape. This game has lost a lot :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    yeah ill make a better sig >///>