11/12 Orb Sale no more

tuckyken
tuckyken Posts: 22 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
plz gms if you removed the orb sale fix it so it doesn't show in the home page... i feel like you all are just toying with us and are getting a good laugh at it. At least put something new in boutique since you took out this week's sale. Btw anyone know how the sale was causing client issues according to frankie?
Post edited by tuckyken on

Comments

• Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't know, we never know what is behind their heads.

My thought is that those items were supposed to remain a rarity, but a lot more people charged money to make a stash of them.

Let's see now..a +12 was 80 Gold, you could get 2 for 100 gold. Now everyone that has cash set aside would have bought, say... 6. That's 300 gold. Then you slowly sell them 1 by 1 at full price (around 100 mils EACH, since last time i checked auction gold was 1.5 mil) and you end up making near 600 mils for 300 gold invested. (read, 2 mils a gold).

I think something wasn't planned at all.

Or..

Something really did go wrong, although on my side I had noticed no more lag/dc'ed then before the sale and saw no one complained either..

A cover-up for a mistake ? Maybe..

A real fix is a astonishing short time ? Could be..

Probably just the high heads know more...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • WineSeller - Sanctuary
    WineSeller - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mistake?
    put em back in please
  • tuckyken
    tuckyken Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    yeah but the damage was done, i sold some of my gear to afford a 11* for my weapon...
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    tuckyken wrote: »
    plz gms if you removed the orb sale fix it so it doesn't show in the home page... i feel like you all are just toying with us and are getting a good laugh at it. At least put something new in boutique since you took out this week's sale... (snip)

I kinda got to agree .....

They advertised a blow out sale - many of us waited for and they did not say for how long so many of us prepared at break-neck speed thinking we had till Tuesday.

We log, sale gone - yet still heavily advertised...

Some things are forgivable but I really think at this point - the amount of forgiveness many of us have left for these continued issues in PWI is thinning....

Atleast take the advertisments down off the website.
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well ya what a pitty should bring them back but there was no time sayed for end so well thats the game :-)
  • lordbosk
    lordbosk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This game is ruled by cash players and once again they win!! b:angry

Every player that saw the sale and told themselves that they could work at least 6 days to finally pay for a +11/+12 they might never get got screwed. Those that sold gear, stashed TT, and what nots to get their orb got screwed. So, once again, our credit card hero's will be strutting around all maxed out while the others are screwed!!

Thanks PWI. You once again show you don't care about your regular players, just the ones who ruin everyones game play, but fill your pockets!

I'll give you a solution to help all and you sitll make money. You announce a "day" the sale will go back, so players can work to get the money to buy what they want/need and you announce it ahead of time. This gives you time to fix your bug and show you actually care for the "working class" player.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    All that i can say to this. Never rush to buy gold. I learned that the hard way. On the beautiful night on maintenance when medals went of sale, Mitachi bought 200 gold for a really expensive price. When she tried selling it, she couldn't, she lost 5mil on each medal therefore she lost 50mil total. I NEVER buy gold on the day of maintenance because it is ALWAYS over-priced. Fridays is when its at its best on my server. b:cute
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    merchent is gambling, buy golds to gear up isnt suposed to be
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    When orbs came on shop i sold my Love & Up for 400mil and bought gold through Auctioneer at 1.6mil to get the Orb's
  • Invert - Dreamweaver
    Invert - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They should atleast let us know if they are going to put them back or not...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They'll put them back as soon as they put medals of glory back into DQ shop, no sweat. b:laugh
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI