R9 veno is bad? o.O

Options
2»

Comments

• Ithlia - Heavens Tear
    Ithlia - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's honestly your personal preference. I want r9 for my veno because she is my main and I want something to farm for so I don't go crazy haha. r9+12 veno is pretty scary, I will admit that. The director of my faction is a +12 r9 veno and every time she demon novas, all the opposing players are just like "Omg run...she's using nova!!!"

But honestly, it all comes down to whether or not you know how to play your class. You can only hide behind gear to a certain extent.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's honestly your personal preference. I want r9 for my veno because she is my main and I want something to farm for so I don't go crazy haha. r9+12 veno is pretty scary, I will admit that. The director of my faction is a +12 r9 veno and every time she demon novas, all the opposing players are just like "Omg run...she's using nova!!!"

But honestly, it all comes down to whether or not you know how to play your class. You can only hide behind gear to a certain extent.

4 month necro b:surrenderb:bye
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Ok... This is exactly Wat I am looking for, for veno r9. Felt something very wrong when i squad with a r9 veno in caster... Thanks!b:thanks
  • Asassinate - Raging Tide
    Asassinate - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    R9 Veno is pure waste of money. If only PvE massive waste, if PvP might as well go Psychic. PvE wise I would even say no need for R8 either, but there are still people who ask for R8 venos as if none R8 venos can't do exactly the same thing.

Its a necro .____.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    R9 Veno is pure waste of money. If only PvE massive waste, if PvP might as well go Psychic. PvE wise I would even say no need for R8 either, but there are still people who ask for R8 venos as if none R8 venos can't do exactly the same thing.

Its a necro .____.
    Thing is, not everyone is trying to roll the most OP class to pvp. What is the point of pking if everyone is a sin or psy?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Again I will say, if you went into mass PvP without a weapon and purge, amp, debuffed in fox form, would people actually notice that you didn't have a weapon? On the other hand, you can use your money however you want. Some people buy a bunch of fashion and mounts, so who the **** cares if you want your veno in red dragon stuff? It's as worth it as it makes you happy. Personally, I would make a HA/AA veno for the role of debuff/support, but there are some very good R9 veno on my server as well.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Being purged by an R9 veno hurts a lot more than being purged by an R8 veno. Also the flesh ream from R9 nixes hurt a lot especially if its refined to +12.

Why are you alwasy trolling with the same comment about r9 venos? Is there no r9 venos in your server or what?

Venos are awesome, they are a great support class in pk because they can purge, amp, and since they are so hated, in the hands of a good player they can tank for the team.

The difference between r8 and r9 is huge, a r8 veno will just get hate targeted be knocked down quickly, but with r9, you can survive a lot more so that means more purges for your team and more tanking for them. I really like that venos can play many roles in pk, they can dd (specially if they go full magic), or they can support (vitality build).

Also, there is upcoming expansion, in which venos will get a great boost. Many skills will be improved, one of them will be parasitic nova, it will hit harder. The pet system will receive a overhaul, apperently pets will grow in strenght according's to their masters (so yes Astertroll, after the expansion r9 bleed>r8 bleed), and there will be 2 new pets (maybe even more powerful than phoenix and hercules?)

I could had chosen any other class for r9, but I stuck with my favorite class. I'm so glad I did cause right now I would be regretting it.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I keep saying it and I'll repeat myself. If it's your favourite class and the one you play the most, it's worth it as long as you are happy.

If you can't do things that make you happy in a game then what's the point of playing?

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Why are you alwasy trolling with the same comment about r9 venos? Is there no r9 venos in your server or what?

Venos are awesome, they are a great support class in pk because they can purge, amp, and since they are so hated, in the hands of a good player they can tank for the team.

The difference between r8 and r9 is huge, a r8 veno will just get hate targeted be knocked down quickly, but with r9, you can survive a lot more so that means more purges for your team and more tanking for them. I really like that venos can play many roles in pk, they can dd (specially if they go full magic), or they can support (vitality build).

Also, there is upcoming expansion, in which venos will get a great boost. Many skills will be improved, one of them will be parasitic nova, it will hit harder. The pet system will receive a overhaul, apperently pets will grow in strenght according's to their masters (so yes Astertroll, after the expansion r9 bleed>r8 bleed), and there will be 2 new pets (maybe even more powerful than phoenix and hercules?)

I could had chosen any other class for r9, but I stuck with my favorite class. I'm so glad I did cause right now I would be regretting it.

You realize you're replying to a 1 year old troll post right? b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tigress_eye - Sanctuary
    Tigress_eye - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Like others have said, if your veno is your favorite class and the one you will stick with, then go for r9 b:cute. As another option (since r9 is pretty costly) you could go for third cast nirvana (g16). The defenses and set bonuses are pretty nice (:

Here is a quick pwcalc I made so you can check out the set bonus and defenses. I also put a g16 weapon on there as an example. (Gear stats are the pwcalc default and I left the set unrefined and unsharded since I'm not sure which shards you prefer. There are also 3 more stat spaces on the weapons, but the +40 attack levels are always there while the other 3 are random.)
    http://pwcalc.com/884cc02d7885bfd5

You can also check out the set from the forges in warsong and the r9 recast forge is there as well. Good luck with your gear b:victory just make the best choice for yourself.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    <_< Have any of you realized this is a year long necro yet?

b:shocked I remember when this thread was posted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Tigress_eye - Sanctuary
    Tigress_eye - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle I did actually, but I figured if people were reading this thread, I might as well help others out anyway. I'm sure that question is still asked even today :3
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I know it was a necro but Tigress is correct on that. I'm pretty sure people still read the thread and it's not outdated.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★