Flagship? or inflatable rubberduckie?

Options
AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
How can a supposedly "Flagship" game, according to the dev's in china, have such a lack of actual care, thought and implementation of it's features and content?

I mean seriously frankie and the Mod's that stick up for PWc + all you ever so optimistic people out there. How can you not see this?

And especially frankie + all the people at US HQ, aren't you sick yet of having to clean up after the china's dev's unfortunate butt's who can not seem to get things right? (regardless of how much they might actually -try- yay or the nay?)

I mean if you are indeed just the messengers, implementors and monitoring people you say your supposed to be and china apparently are known for being one of if not THE most diligent, structured and perfectionistic people on the planet tired yet of the fact that your running a leaking, un-water-worthy, filled with mutiny and above all, Sail-less "flagship"?

I know that if i were in your shoes i wouldn't have just had fancy lunch with the dev's i'dve had a proper meeting and showed them what's what.
Fought nail and tooth for what i deem to be right and that being costumer satisfaction and a game that is actually working and in the end worth monitoring.

I am pretty sure that when you took this job you werent signing up to be a inbetween meatshield for china and it's overseas disatisfaction.

aren't you sick of it yet or do you truly believe there is nothing "wrong" with this picture?

I am pretty sure either shelly or some other mod will either lock this thread or ask me to word things differently but seriously mods, just join the discusion, i made this thread not to rage or to bash at people just adressing the fact that well =\ ...
i suppose somewhere i just hope such a touchy subject can still offer room for debate and some people realize that from a costumers point of view (who's trying to speak from individual to individual, person to person) this isn't fair on ANY of us.

Not the costumers, not you.
All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
"ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
Post edited by AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary on

Comments

• CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PW has 0 custumor service,

you never get a straight aweser. and when things are serious, they let you drown in your own isseu

they are not in touch with their community, and they dont monitor the worldchats, or screen the forums as they should.

frankie we see onely on a maintenence day,

i dont know what they get paid for, but if i had the power i would fire them all
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just leaving this here b:avoid
    Ok here is the deal. PWC appears to have chosen to maximize the profits they can squeeze more out of what is essentially a dead product. They moved future development resources to other titles and now see any work on PW as a loss to the bottom line. Some bean counter has decided that since end game FC leveled cash shoppers spend more money than old school levelers, they continue to develop cash shop packages to take their money. They really like the idea of these new type of players. Immature people with more wallet than attention span will spend large sums of cash to skip all the time consuming 'playing' parts just so they can get to the end levels where they can buy the most expensive gear which they spend a few weeks strutting around Arch in before quitting. This makes the bean counters happy as they just cleared $5k to $10k with zero support costs since the players leave. They may actually hoping most of the player base quits as they plan on shutting this game down sometime. They won't admit it though as they want you to keep buying zen until the last day.

FC glitch is nothing new in the MMORPG world. Anarchy Online was once a thriving SF themed MMO that ended up with the same 'we will look the other way' glitching so paying players could get to end game quickly. There were certain areas and mobs that could be glitched at various levels. Lots of other things got fixed, and lots of people were reported but AO never fixed the code and did nothing to the practitioners. Most honest players at first could not believe this was going on, but eventually everyone realized how prevalent the problem because you could not find anyone to team with due to the fact that so many people skipped all of that via the glitches. That was the start of the death spiral as that is when the honest players started leaving in droves, further making finding teams that much harder. That game may have made a few more quick bucks but now the game is a burned out husk, with only a handful of hold outs wandering mostly vacant servers.

Now i dont thik this is all true. And i dont think the game is dead, im still having fun.

We still hear from new release from China like fac base dungeon and r8/r9 reroll. But that's still content related to CS stuff.

Bugs and such are not getting fixed. Look at RB, it took them 3 years to fix that.

The only thing they will work on is what can make em lose money, see DQ nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just leaving this here b:avoid

As much as i agree with you Gohral, my thread isn't about how i feel the game is in A downward spiral.
    It's starting to damnwell go for it but thats a whole different issue i'm trying to adress here.

I'm trying to get some sort -thing- going (excuse me on the vague term, just woke up x.x) because IF indeed PW is supposed to be pwc's flagship game aren't frankie and the team up in USA tired yet of running something that causes them more grief than joy?

I mean as much as we are fed up with it, what about them?
    dont get me wrong here i am by far absolutely NOT trying to suck up, i'm moreso implying that where frankie and his team are concerned, they need to be more proactive for their own rights as from a costumers point of view.

now as it comes across it's more very passive, "oh yeah, i'll make a list and pass it on, dont you worry! *sparkly smile of confidence and a big thumbsup*"
    either he is not or cant be able to get the -right- message across or isn't pressing enough OR is afraid he might get the same fate as spoons.
    OR he just cant be arsed, bothered, actually afraid to lose his job/get demoted.
    Either their pressured not to stand up for their own rights or they simply cant be arsed.

Either way, what ever the possability, a -clear- answer i suppose we'll never get.
    but maybe, just maybe, they will realize -something-. i can only hope.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How can a supposedly "Flagship" game, according to the dev's in china, have such a lack of actual care, thought and implementation of it's features and content?

there's a "what do you expect from the chinese navy" joke in there, but i'm MUCH too polite to make it myself. :-P

(an old, old, OLD joke in naval circles goes like this: at some formal dinner function, a junior officer will stand up and propose a toast, "to <arch-rival country>'s navy". silence of two heartbeats, after which the actual toast: "bottoms up!")
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As someone who has worked for asian based developers having the upper-hand in say-so over a North American publisher/subsidiary in the F2P industry, well, I pretty much just spoiled the answer. Like any other company they are logically going for the most profit they can generate (cannot blame them for this), however, they don't understand most of what economic principles North American businesses stand by, i.e. some degree of ethics, which is why, for example, going through a 3rd party channel to solve a financial dispute like BBB is irrelevant to PWE.

Fact is, short-sighted customers fork over money for a service they are indeed getting (most do it to attain pixel power) however much like giving candy to a whining toddler when they cry.. it is teaching them how to go about getting what they want. These companies have learned they can churn the minimal amount of content, burn up the quality of their game, and people will still pay. Therefore, other players, speaking with their money (the only voice that matters), have condoned this behaviour. And this is all they care to listen to. People like frankie, and those who work in the Bay Area, it's just a job to them, and if they are anything like I was, they care quite a bit about the quality of this game, and share a number of players' frustrations. But, because they need a job, they have no choice but to be the punching bag for unsatisfied players' ire the same way cold calling telemarketers, fast food employees, and collectors are aware of the verbal abuse they will take.

So for anyone who cares about standards, let this be a lesson, to stay away from asian-developed F2P MMO's in the future -- especially where the publisher is taking a back seat as they are supposed to locally direct how content flows instead of beg and plead fruitlessly for permission.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As someone who has worked for asian based developers having the upper-hand in say-so over a North American publisher/subsidiary in the F2P industry, well, I pretty much just spoiled the answer. Like any other company they are logically going for the most profit they can generate (cannot blame them for this), however, they don't understand most of what economic principles North American businesses stand by, i.e. some degree of ethics, which is why, for example, going through a 3rd party channel to solve a financial dispute like BBB is irrelevant to PWE.

Fact is, short-sighted customers fork over money for a service they are indeed getting (most do it to attain pixel power) however much like giving candy to a whining toddler when they cry.. it is teaching them how to go about getting what they want. These companies have learned they can churn the minimal amount of content, burn up the quality of their game, and people will still pay. Therefore, other players, speaking with their money (the only voice that matters), have condoned this behaviour. And this is all they care to listen to. People like frankie, and those who work in the Bay Area, it's just a job to them, and if they are anything like I was, they care quite a bit about the quality of this game, and share a number of players' frustrations. But, because they need a job, they have no choice but to be the punching bag for unsatisfied players' ire the same way cold calling telemarketers, fast food employees, and collectors are aware of the verbal abuse they will take.
    So for anyone who cares about standards, let this be a lesson, to stay away from asian-developed F2P MMO's in the future -- especially where the publisher is taking a back seat as they are supposed to locally direct how content flows instead of beg and plead fruitlessly for permission.

You just basically put my entire post in one flippen sentence ! *huffs*

Just as you say, If me and my husband were in frankie's shoes we'd be with our hands in our hair, frustrated to no point of return and wondered how the *f we'd needed to run something that for starters isn't even ours and aren't given the proper tools and equipment.

We care for this game, probably moreso because of how we met through it but that isn't the foundation of our opinion. We care for it because it IS a good game to play, or... was.
    we believe it still could be if only indeed, as you say, they'd care. (by this i mean frankie and the team, not pwc) not saying they -dont- care at all, yeah... lost train of thought x.x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tagi_ - Dreamweaver
    Tagi_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The flagship sunk long ago. They pumped out all the water and turned it into a makeshift submarine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JeffProbst - Heavens Tear
    JeffProbst - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The flagship sunk long ago. They pumped out all the water and turned it into a makeshift submarine.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0808/in-that-very-moment-submarine-boat-captain-tanker-demotivational-poster-1219006516.jpg
    b:laugh
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]