PK on PVE servers

Thebigba - Sanctuary
Thebigba - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
First of I want to express some things about myself and what i know of what I read on these forums.

!. these are my opinions, I do not expect anyone to care about them whether or not you read them is entirely up to you.

2. many people flame others and just await the opportunity to argue for no good reason with other people, to you I want you to know I could care less what you write or your opinions of what others write, I will not read your posts nor respond to you if you flame me in anyway , because well i just dont care to argue with children.

That being known

I play on Sanctuary in case people don't know that is a PVE server. PVE standing for (and I assume this only) Player verses environment.
that being said I wonder why it is that players can pk in instances where noobs are forced to go for their quests. This has in no way effected me or my gameplay but it makes wonder about the judgement of the staff here in this game.

With so many servers catering to PK why must you cater more to PK in a server where pk should be restricted only to events.

PVE servers should not have any part of normal play opened for free pk in any instance that is not even related.

For all the cry babies and whiners that cried and whined about having pk opened in a pve server, You should have thought about the server you wanted to choose from the beggining.

Now I'm not mad or upset because it really doesnt effect me much but by all means I'd like to know why you are turning our pve server into a pk server. anyway thats just my opinion so take it as you may.
Post edited by Thebigba - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's a bit of a slippery slope to say that PVE servers are being changed into PVP.

SP is only a small area of the game and is otherwise relatively unimportant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's a bit of a slippery slope to say that PVE servers are being changed into PVP.

Unimportant to those who don't have to deal with that area anymore but choose to anyway by harassing lowbies. I'm not accusing you but I haven't seen any low levels players saying that they agree with said change.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Actually, you are wrong. Its not just a small area of the game. Cube (needed for culti) is PK enabled. You are forced to pk if you want to complete your culti. Now, that is 2 different areas of the game wherein they are FORCING PVE players to PK in order to play the game. Now, to you this may be relatively unimportant; but to those it is affecting in a negative way it is very important. While they may not be .. yet.. full on PvP; the current decisions and past decisions would indicate they are trying to see just how far they can push the spectrum on pushing us to unwillingly pk on said servers. There are a lot of ppl who do not have their 3rd stage fairies on HT simply b/c they do not like or enjoy the cube. And lets face it, certain classes have a harder time than others in there while some (sin being 1) has it much easier. But please do not try to simplify all of this by saying its unimportant. A lot of people need to utilize the SP for many reasons.. 3rd stage fairy to get lvl 100 skills in the chain of killing SilverFrost is one of them. Also, if I remember right you can't get into 3rd map of OHT without doing this chain, which is also needed for culti. So it IS important.
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Actually Asterelle, your wrong. Small area or not - if you pick a sever which clear says NOT pvp, why make areas pvp? And why make an area PVP where low levels have to go to get their bhs done? And quests I might add. Is this fair? When I signed up for this sever I DID NOT ask for pvp, so why throw it at us?

Small area or not, i would not be supprised if pwi staff start making other stupid annoucments and treaks such as; making all instances pk enabled.

Lets be very honest here, this is not the only time pwi have how to put it lightly - ****ed up? And the list still climbs, the more they do it the faster this game will lose it's player base. Lets not forget a lot of other MMOs are coming out with much better game play plus staff that generally care, which I see lacking here. So why stay? All I see in this game is devs who only care about filling their pockets with money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • kelmore
    kelmore Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why do I keep seeing that SP is unimportant? I for 1 would like to be able to experience that area without the threat of murder. I keep seeing that "all the monsters in there can be gotten outside the gates but for 1 or 2 bosses". I may be real new to the game, but I beg to differ....there was a quest (wish I could remember the name) I did in there where I had to take out the floating head things (can be found just inside the loading area)....I have searched and can not find the floating heads outside the gates. There are some real low lvl ones around Etherblade I think, but those are NOT the ones needed for the quest. I keep seeing "just dump the quest". Why should I be forced to dump a quest because some frustrated teens want to feel like they are some kind of god killing a level 30 character on their level 99 toons. No children, this does not make you a man. sorry to disappoint you. My opinion (not that it matters much) is this: make a area for the PK that is NOT an area that the newer players want to see/need. Give them an area that those that wish to participate can congregate and kill each other till....well till a real hot place freezes. If we wanted to play in the danger zone, we would have chosen a PK server. We did not, we chose a (what was suppose to be) a NON pk server. We dont force our liking of PvE on the PvPers, The PvP should not be forced on the PvEers either. I for 1 am a very casual player, I dont get off on watching my fellow man die, Im more of an explorer..I am one that wants to be able to SEE what is around the next corner at my own pace, weather that corner be in a dungeon or in the out of doors. This is no longer available to me in one area that I had yet been able to fully explore, and now more then likely never will get the chance.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh please, get a hold of yourselves ffs.

The night i went to check out SP to see if this pvp/flight enabled rumor was true, it was COMPLETELY empty. The instance is hardly a central part of the game PvE wise, even less so when BH wasn't there. It was only after I WC'd the changes to SP when people started actually coming into the instance, checking it out, having fun. The only player present before this was a cat shop selling Qingzi wine.

This instance has seen FAR more activity as a free PvP zone than a questing ground. You really want to throw away a whole new piece of the game for half an hour's worth of quests?

The sad thing is, I have commented before trying to be reasonable and show people where they lack perspective in the issue. And they replied in incoherent rage, branding me as a noob RPKer who just likes to pick on low levels, when any given day 1/3rd of my FL is noobs I've helped, and my 10k rep is almost purely from FB's I have helped noobs with. FfS the only person I've touched in SP is a friend of mine who outgears me, but that doesn't matter as long as I support this new content that could bring hours of fun for so many, I'm just a CSer Noob PKer who camps lowbies and buys power. I give up on you people. b:scorn
  • ZQzQzQzQz - Archosaur
    ZQzQzQzQz - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's all about marketing strategies.

PVP server, it's so simple,

pk pk pk pk leads to QQQQQQQQ leads to 'i must have better gear than him/her' leads to wasting 10k$ to have better gear so u can pawned other nabs. maximum cash flow for pwi. GUD JOB PVP

PVE server

fight with mobs - questing - fashion - a little time of TW - QQ at world chat - drama drama drama - end of story, not much real cash spend there. so need a force PK so people will spend more money on R9 ****, cz u know, who wants to play and get their *** beat the whole time. so cash shop timeeeeee weeee

am just sayin oye b:victory
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Actually, you are wrong. Its not just a small area of the game. Cube (needed for culti) is PK enabled. You are forced to pk if you want to complete your culti. Now, that is 2 different areas of the game wherein they are FORCING PVE players to PK in order to play the game. Now, to you this may be relatively unimportant; but to those it is affecting in a negative way it is very important. While they may not be .. yet.. full on PvP; the current decisions and past decisions would indicate they are trying to see just how far they can push the spectrum on pushing us to unwillingly pk on said servers. There are a lot of ppl who do not have their 3rd stage fairies on HT simply b/c they do not like or enjoy the cube. And lets face it, certain classes have a harder time than others in there while some (sin being 1) has it much easier. But please do not try to simplify all of this by saying its unimportant. A lot of people need to utilize the SP for many reasons.. 3rd stage fairy to get lvl 100 skills in the chain of killing SilverFrost is one of them. Also, if I remember right you can't get into 3rd map of OHT without doing this chain, which is also needed for culti. So it IS important.

You forgot to mention that Delta, Warsong, and DT are also PK-enabled (they have been since day one of each respective instance) and yet no one complained about that until recently... I fail to see your point about slow conversion to PvP since, if we factor in the Cube, this is the first PvP addition ever (since the Arena was removed and Warsong was added, I count that as breaking even in terms of forced PvP instances).
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Noriliza - Sanctuary
    Noriliza - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think its a great idea, I've gotten some good practice, but I've come to learn that much like high school its camped by a so-called elite group ego greasers who do nothing but mushy talk each other and then gang up on anyone who isn't in their cool people group other than that the amount of grief I've received on noob alts has been relatively non-existent...but on my/this "main" its much much worse....but the ones who think they are tough cause they 2v1 me but get beat solo know what's up....of course there are the people who just plain spank me, like the psy who intentionally one shots me for 10k+ with a starter skill cause its pro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copied from the top of the forum ads, I knew this was really pwusa
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Personally I think it should be moved and that it is wrong to PK low levels questing in there. PVE servers are designed to cater to people who don't want to be killed by others for no reason.

That being said SP is pretty low in significance in the PVE spectrum. There are a few minor quests in there but nothing you'd remember. The trade off we are talking about is like one afternoon worth of quests at 3x compared to many hours of gameplay at high level. Keeping it is better than having no accessible free-pvp instance.

Rather than removing the game's only accessible free pvp zone, I think the rules can be modified to something that makes sense: "No camping low levels attempting to do quests".

Low levels should be able to report someone for killing them multiple times if they told them they are attempting to complete quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Personally I think it should be moved and that it is wrong to PK low levels questing in there. PVE servers are designed to cater to people who don't want to be killed by others for no reason.

That being said SP is pretty low in significance in the PVE spectrum. There are a few minor quests in there but nothing you'd remember. The trade off we are talking about is like one afternoon worth of quests at 3x compared to many hours of gameplay at high level. Keeping it is better than having no accessible free-pvp instance.

Rather than removing the game's only accessible free pvp zone, I think the rules can be modified to something that makes sense: "No camping low levels attempting to do quests".

Low levels should be able to report someone for killing them multiple times if they told them they are attempting to complete quests.
    Even then the people killing would be given a 3 day ban and then it's back to harassing the lowbiesb:worried I level my characters traditionally...if I were to hyper or skip past any quests, it would take all the fun of this game out for me. Wish people who were once lowbies themselves on the PVE servers(who support this and don't care about the impact it's having) would get their heads out of their ***** and remember that there are still people who play this game.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    "No camping low levels attempting to do quests".

The problem with this is-
    it will never be enforced. And if it was, it would take a month just to get them a 3 day ban. Then they'll be back right at it.

EDIT: Oops XDracona beat me to it.
  • BadBarb - Lost City
    BadBarb - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    kelmore wrote: »
    Why do I keep seeing that SP is unimportant? I for 1 would like to be able to experience that area without the threat of murder. I keep seeing that "all the monsters in there can be gotten outside the gates but for 1 or 2 bosses". I may be real new to the game, but I beg to differ....there was a quest (wish I could remember the name) I did in there where I had to take out the floating head things (can be found just inside the loading area)....I have searched and can not find the floating heads outside the gates. There are some real low lvl ones around Etherblade I think, but those are NOT the ones needed for the quest. I keep seeing "just dump the quest". Why should I be forced to dump a quest because some frustrated teens want to feel like they are some kind of god killing a level 30 character on their level 99 toons. No children, this does not make you a man. sorry to disappoint you. My opinion (not that it matters much) is this: make a area for the PK that is NOT an area that the newer players want to see/need. Give them an area that those that wish to participate can congregate and kill each other till....well till a real hot place freezes. If we wanted to play in the danger zone, we would have chosen a PK server. We did not, we chose a (what was suppose to be) a NON pk server. We dont force our liking of PvE on the PvPers, The PvP should not be forced on the PvEers either. I for 1 am a very casual player, I dont get off on watching my fellow man die, Im more of an explorer..I am one that wants to be able to SEE what is around the next corner at my own pace, weather that corner be in a dungeon or in the out of doors. This is no longer available to me in one area that I had yet been able to fully explore, and now more then likely never will get the chance.

option 1) level more, and do it later
    option 2) get friends
    If at first you don't succeed,
    give up and eat some bacon.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    option 1) level more, and do it later
    option 2) get friends

3) fight in forum (remove the pvp to death)
    4) fight in forum (defend the pvp to death)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    3) fight in forum (remove the pvp to death)
    4) fight in forum (defend the pvp to death)

Lets not forget:
    5. leave game and stop spending money on Zen to find other MMO game that doesnt embrace blunders in programming or fails to fix issues.

Dont forget to vote: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180731
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011

This instance has seen FAR more activity as a free PvP zone than a questing ground. You really want to throw away a whole new piece of the game for half an hour's worth of quests?

The sad thing is, I have commented before trying to be reasonable and show people where they lack perspective in the issue. And they replied in incoherent rage, branding me as a noob RPKer who just likes to pick on low levels, when any given day 1/3rd of my FL is noobs I've helped, and my 10k rep is almost purely from FB's I have helped noobs with. FfS the only person I've touched in SP is a friend of mine who outgears me, but that doesn't matter as long as I support this new content that could bring hours of fun for so many, I'm just a CSer Noob PKer who camps lowbies and buys power. I give up on you people. b:scorn

I don't think anyone disagrees that this is a nice addition to the game. I believe EVERYONE disagreeing dislikes the location and the forcible PVP. I don't need to rage that... and as for the later in RED.. I guess at least you kno what you are and not afraid to admit it.
    You forgot to mention that Delta, Warsong, and DT are also PK-enabled (they have been since day one of each respective instance) and yet no one complained about that until recently... I fail to see your point about slow conversion to PvP since, if we factor in the Cube, this is the first PvP addition ever (since the Arena was removed and Warsong was added, I count that as breaking even in terms of forced PvP instances).

I actually forgot about Warsong and RB. The difference there is tho, that no one that isn't in your squad to begin with can get in there with you. If you leave or they do, then pk can commence. Its not like SP where you are gang ganked by the ppl who apparently need to kill lowbies so they can feel accomplished b/c they can't cut it on a real PVP server.

Here is the deal, I keep telling ppl.. if you enjoy this so much QUIT camping the newbs! Otherwise, they are just going to be forced to remove this feature so they don't lose customers. I can assure you, anyone new starting this game in the past week, has quit when they got to the SP quests IF they was on a PVE server. I would have, matter of fact I won't start another toon ever again if this isn't removed. They can come out with 10 more new classes and I won't make one. I'm not going thru the headache of trying to get stuff done.

There is no1 to enforce the "no quester killing". The best thing they could do, would be to turn off the blue name killing in there for ppl less than lvl 75. Most ppl I think have frost done by that lvl, and lets just face it.. in PVE, the only ppl who can be seriously not ganked would be ppl above 75 anyways. But again this is where an arena would come in handy. Would also be nice, if they could take one of the rooms that aren't used in SP and make it alone a pk room. Several rooms with 1 or 2 mobs in them. Clear them out and let that be for the PK. But I will guarantee you, if they did this; the SP would die out of Pkers.. .b/c the problem is they are having too much fun being giddy teenagers on an ego trip taking out those who would be weaker than them.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't think anyone disagrees that this is a nice addition to the game. I believe EVERYONE disagreeing dislikes the location and the forcible PVP. I don't need to rage that... and as for the later in RED.. I guess at least you kno what you are and not afraid to admit it.

Ha, read the rest of my post :/ I have agreed many times that it would be better to open the arena, haven't touched a single noob there in SP and have told others not to do so. But you just proved my point, so thank you.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If the definition of "PVE server" was defined by it's literal term of player versus environment, then there would be no dueling, no TW, no PvP instances at all. There would be mobs only, and no reason at all to gear up for more mobs, no reason to make pvp classes, and no reason to play after hitting 105, the game is over.

I wonder how many people would stick around on a server like that, before getting bored to death. I sure wouldn't, I'd have been on LC long ago.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    kelmore wrote: »

You refer to the demonflames, my mystic got pk'd a few times trying to get those damn things.. really peeved me off too, i dont think it was totally on purpose tho, just pk'ers firing off aoe's and i somehow got nabbed in the crossfire.. i assume.. not like a stealthed sin would backstab a helpless lowbie just to up their kill count right?? (sarcasm) next time in however had a nice 102 sin help out, all the way through to shade eido

PWI has "suggested" lowbies skip the quests in sp, and teleport stone in to the fb/bh.. this would be great except that.. not EVERY player comes to the forums, i can just imagine the frustration they have, not knowing whats going on, not even knowing its a pk zone, they just go in to do their quests and *poof* they're dead and teleporting outside automatically regardless of if they have a res scroll or happen to be or have a mystic's res buff (side effect of pvp zones i assume?)
  • Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide
    Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Being that I'm doing my quests to level, let's say that I get lucky at 3 a.m. on a weekend night and get my FB29 done. Then what is proposed to take the place of the 3 per day BH29s that I planned on doing to get from level 30 to level 40? Do I get to pay the 300K ~ 400k coins per run for Heads in FC to make up for that? Who's going to pay for that as the BHs are free?

I agree that a PK enabled zone for people to fight and factions to practice squad & larger PK would be nice. However, the current choice is a desaster. I have one toon stopped waiting to see how this goes and this will be another that goes on hold as well for a while. I'm courious to see how long it takes to get an answer back from China about this and then how long until they do a fix if that is what will be done. I've started accounts with 2 other mmo game companies & d/l their games already, so I'm waiting to see what happens here; but, will start other games now.

I also read now that the bullies are trying to charge a fee to pass by alive. That would seem like extortion rather than harrassment to me. I wonder if that is a bannable offense? Speaking of harrassment, anyone know what PWI defines as harrasment now? Seriously, I'd like to know their official current policy. Is there a number of deaths listed? Also, what is the PWI definition of "low level" player. Is it level 10 or level 75? Possibly the whim of a GM or is it something that could be shared? I see this as destroying their credibility and TOS rules by their silence. If PWI looses the rules, the barbarians at the gate will come in thru the door and the game will be worthless. Chaos will rule until they shut down the servers. Seems a slippery slope indeed.

b:bye
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    honestly i dont see the big deal, i spent a few hours there the last days and 90% of times someone at lower lvs asked to pass the entrance room for quests, that person didnt get killed(and the ones who did walked inside aoes)

of course there will always be some *******s who will try to pwn everyone for kill counts, but the decent people there will most likely help kill those

if walking there to do bhs is too hard, just try using the tele stone, i bet most if not all of people who do bh use it or at least the portal to orchid temple to save time anyway, so a few more coins wont hurt too much, if still is too hard you always can go grind(someone still remember what that means?)
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There is already an ongoing stickied topic about the issue, please keep the discussion there. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.