Share tactics to kill sins

Options
OlieTheKing - Lost City
OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Archer
Some i have found to work (For 1 vs 1):

Get an aoe on your genie such as life drain to unstealth them when you know there near, then stun them before they can re stealth or retaliate, if there really skilled and fast to react you need to use wings of grace immediatly after unstealthing them then kite them, this wont always work if there damage is too high for your gears.

Triple spark with fists and use domain and/or 1000% evasion skill to avoid there stuns and damage while hitting them, usualy kills the squishy ones no matter how high there damage is because they miss you or you resist (If there smart and have domain on there genie they can use this and sometimes end up killing you)

a basic tactic: expel yourself run back and wings of grace or just kite them from the air > to make this work well you need to move fast to get out of range of tele stun.

Share Yours b:victory

EDIT: Thanks for flaming my thread everyone, FYI im lvl 101 and took me about 3 years to get there due to constantly being in pvp, so yes i have alot of experiance >>>> not saying im pro >>> No wonder sins find us so easy to kill looking at you useless lot >> done trying to educate dooches > goodbye
Post edited by OlieTheKing - Lost City on

Comments

• StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nothing works endgame, they just faceroll you through anything thats not a 100% damage reduction _._ which is not hard when they can teleport to you outside your firing range or genie range.

If you are quick though you can stop shadowescape with earthquake or lightning bolt (not sure what it is) problem is by that point you probably already used all your genie energy just to save yourself.

So a good tip is hide behind game objects ppl etc and hope they don't find you or care enough to kill you.
    PWI b:bye
  • OlieTheKing - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nothing works endgame, they just faceroll you through anything thats not a 100% damage reduction _._ which is not hard when they can teleport to you outside your firing range or genie range.

If you are quick though you can stop shadowescape with earthquake or lightning bolt (not sure what it is) problem is by that point you probably already used all your genie energy just to save yourself.

So a good tip is hide behind game objects ppl etc and hope they don't find you or care enough to kill you.

Everything i mentioned there works end game tried and tested hundreds of times which makes your comment invalid, ive never had a sin teleport out of my firing range, EVER. I have had a few use anti stun and make a run for it, which doesnt work if you use holy path.

Earthquake is a very inefficent way of stopping them shadow escaping, the skill i mentioned called life drain has a 15 metre radius aoe (30 metre circle around you) and only uses 60 energy at lvl 1 attmitedly does pretty much no damage (about 60-120 damage) but does the trick. Also you can use tangeling mire level 10 (combined with a pure strength genie) which has half the aoe range to unstealth sins then your next attack (assuming your smart enough to use a physical one) will really hurt them.

So a good tip is learn how to PvP because your fail attitude and skill is probably why you die to sins 100% of the time.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The following point makes you and your meaningless ego-filled post invalid too

1.How the hell do you use Life Drain without a target?
    2.They have a skill that has a chance to evade skills.You honestly think you gonna land a stun on them?Even if it did land,they probably have anti-stun too.
    3.Fists is not a valid PvP option for archers.I lol at this.
    4.By the time you triple spark,they would have gone back into stealth and wait till your spark has finished casting.Then proceed to slit your throat,cut off your head and dump your carcass into the pile of bodies of all the people they killed
    5.Expel and Wings of Grace will only make them stealth and run away honestly.
    6.Level 80 is not end-game.If you say you tried this on a level 100 character,prove it before coming to preach on here.
    7.Sin's teleport range is over 35.They need a target to teleport to obviously,so obviously whatever sin you were fighting is either a)a newb/noob or b)couldn't find a far enough target.

So perhaps maybe you would like to brush up your trolling skills and not come in acting like you are all pro when you are not and judging people while you are at it.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wings of Grace through their stun --> BoA --> Expel --> Watch them die in stealth.

Pro: Worked every time I've tried it
    Con: Uses alot of chi :/ very situational.

Jumping helps. Flying helps. If you get stunned though you are pretty much dead, just because stealth gives a surprise element. That surprise element is a sins major advantage and tbh their main perk. Fighting a sin out of stealth is just easy, WoG --> Kite --> Kill :P

Any pro sin SHOULD always kill you. If you ever beat a sin, it is because they fail. Their fail =/= your skill.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Knife Throw/Throat Cut

Barrage ended.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Knife Throw/Throat Cut

Barrage ended.

does that work through expel?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

It does with condensed thorn. Also they can easily counter this with at least 6 different ways. It probably works against stupid sins but there is nothing you can do against smart sins.

Against equal gear and equal skill sin wins everytime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options

Just because you don't take physical damage doesn't mean the attack doesn't interrupt. Seal and channel interrupt are two different features.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just because you don't take physical damage doesn't mean the attack doesn't interrupt. Seal and channel interrupt are two different features.

Nope. If an attack does not do its damage it won't proc.

A smart sin can easily damage through expel, or use a genie skill to interrupt, or cast expel themselves, or just tele out of range, or use apothecary, or just tank your barrage because it only does 50% damage in melee...

Did I mention this would only work against stupid sins?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    :3

Wanna test that out 5lut?

And you don't take damage from Force of Will either.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And you don't take damage from Force of Will either.

yes you do b:avoid
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I clearly said "if an attack doesn't do its damage". That statement makes no claim about attacks that do 0 damage like BM roar. Try to stun someone in expel with and without blazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I only mentioned WoG+BoA+Expel because it provides alot of defensive options while also countering stealth because it will continue to come down if the sin tries to stealth and run away, which tends to be a prevalent strategy for sins I've faced, then again, most won't even bother with that.

Full agreement that a smart sin should always counter any strategy.

And tbh, I tried this strategy heavily in TW vs non sin targets earlier tonight (maybe 6-7 times with White Tea and Expel available after each death). I tanked a r9 archer, a barb and a bm simultaneously then managed to drop BoA with 2 seconds left on expel and holy path to safety. Dead clerics are super dead :D HP Charm+Crab Meat and IH helps with the magic damage issue. Popping Winged Shell as well could help prevent one shots from magic. That would still use ALOT of chi though...b:surrender
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

• KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I only mentioned WoG+BoA+Expel because it provides alot of defensive options while also countering stealth because it will continue to come down if the sin tries to stealth and run away, which tends to be a prevalent strategy for sins I've faced, then again, most won't even bother with that.

Full agreement that a smart sin should always counter any strategy.

And tbh, I tried this strategy heavily in TW vs non sin targets earlier tonight (maybe 6-7 times with White Tea and Expel available after each death). I tanked a r9 archer, a barb and a bm simultaneously then managed to drop BoA with 2 seconds left on expel and holy path to safety. Dead clerics are super dead :D HP Charm+Crab Meat and IH helps with the magic damage issue. Popping Winged Shell as well could help prevent one shots from magic. That would still use ALOT of chi though...b:surrender

You waste it 3 sparks on 1 attempt to kill them.. BoA works fine.. if they on a team mate.. but if its a 1v1 scenario.. ya.

Tw scenarios dont matter.. everyone knows that in TW as soon a sin pops out.. everyone turns around n focus.. you could easily stare at him n he will die.

As far as sin goes.. only luck you got is.. to try survive their early teleports while kite.. Once you do.. Aim low from range and attempt to drop everything you can.. Other than that.. Your probably either gonna die.. or sin will stealth fresh n repeat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I tanked a r9 archer, a barb and a bm simultaneously then managed to drop BoA with 2 seconds left on expel and holy path to safety.
    Feels a bit misleading saying you tanked those people when you had expel on =x
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I find it misleading that expel allowed him to drop a BoA when it seals.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The following point makes you and your meaningless ego-filled post invalid too

1.How the hell do you use Life Drain without a target?
    2.They have a skill that has a chance to evade skills.You honestly think you gonna land a stun on them?Even if it did land,they probably have anti-stun too.
    3.Fists is not a valid PvP option for archers.I lol at this.
    4.By the time you triple spark,they would have gone back into stealth and wait till your spark has finished casting.Then proceed to slit your throat,cut off your head and dump your carcass into the pile of bodies of all the people they killed
    5.Expel and Wings of Grace will only make them stealth and run away honestly.
    6.Level 80 is not end-game.If you say you tried this on a level 100 character,prove it before coming to preach on here.
    7.Sin's teleport range is over 35.They need a target to teleport to obviously,so obviously whatever sin you were fighting is either a)a newb/noob or b)couldn't find a far enough target.

So perhaps maybe you would like to brush up your trolling skills and not come in acting like you are all pro when you are not and judging people while you are at it.

1.90% of PvP zones have mobs around or a npc
    2.sins never anti stun till they run away usualy, you need to fight more.
    3.i only use fists if i triple spark or get chi if you dont think they hurt with triple spark think again.
    4. 70-80% of sins ive fought do not because they think they can stun you before you hit them (which doesnt work if you evade them or use domain)
    5. Fair point, im not claiming these methods work 100% of the time please share yours
    6. im level 101 dont ever think the levels on this forum are accurate, 50% of the pictures are wrong
    7. Sins have never shadow teleported from me, just seems dumb as i use range?
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It does with condensed thorn. Also they can easily counter this with at least 6 different ways. It probably works against stupid sins but there is nothing you can do against smart sins.

Against equal gear and equal skill sin wins everytime.

Ive personally used this and never found a sin to stop it through expel, ive fought alot of r9 sins r8 sins and every other type, so yeah, they all must be pretty unskilled or slow reacting.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options

Fair enough, though they were all attacking me (No one else was really close by but my brother, and I assume I was the target since my first barrage wave had just destroyed 2 clerics and their other robes). Perhaps the situation just worked well to my advantage, but I don't imagine any of them predicted or knew that I was going to expel in BoA, or that I was sage, enabling me to kill their archer before getting hit. I suppose I could just say I pulled aggro with BoA and used the archer equivalent of invoke xD

And like I've said, I have tried it against sins when I am able. I'm also sure a sin *could* counter it, but most sins if they come out of stealth and hit you 2-3 times (especially if I just popped WoG+crabs) they will go back into stealth. That is where BoA comes in, since it kills them regardless of stealth or not. It also keeps them from stunning you out of BoA if expel is used intandem with BoA. My sage BoA also helps when expel isn't active. Less damage is less.

On the contrary, BoA allows me to drop expel. Expel *WILL* cancel a skill you are channeling, but if the skill is continuous cast you can expel after getting it off. I haven't done extensive testing with this, but I can vouch that it does work with at least BoA and Wizzy DB, likely Vortex as well.

And I know the strategy wasn't very cost effective in terms of sparks, but it is quite viable if you do have extra chi. I might make a Cloud Eruption genie just for this purpose now lol.

Retired from PWI.

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options

Seal itself does not stop channeling. Skills like Force of Will and Throat Cut clearly says it seals AND stops channeling. There are skills that stop channeling but does not seal.

Haven't you been sealed by mobs while still channeling BB or DB or BoA?
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I propose we just ignore OllieTheKid on acount of him being lvl 80, and likely a failure.

Fighting sins: 1v1 is the only situation where you'll have any problem with them. Generally, i find i could probably make a pk macro on a sin to kill an equally geared archer. Evidence? Sin comes out of stealth double sparked, and you get hit with Headhunt. If the sin is even close to your gear level, this will hurt. Thre is no way you' going to live trough the next few seconds of pain without burning your genie, either. Faith, AD, and Expell are all viable alternatives. BoC might work, depending on dex.

If you do get out of it, all the sin has to do is hit his stealth button. If you used any of the first 3 skills, you have probably lost already. All the sin has to do is sit in stealth untill headhunt cools down (30 seconds?) Unless you built your genie specifically to do this, you cant use expell, ad or faith when he comes out of stealth again, and you get fried. If you somehow do (a smart sin will have read this straight off your character info), all the sin has to do is teleport to a nearby mob(if you AD or Expell), AD himself and keep DDing(Faith), use Condensed and immobilize you when his stun is wearing off(Expell). Then seal. Then Occult once your expell wears off. Your chances of getting out of THAT if the sin is wearing gear even remotely comparable to yours ar slim to none.

Both shadow teleport and Occult Ice will stun you trough Expell.

As for the nub approach: if you unstealth a good sin, that sin will:
    a) Stealth again.
    b) Shadow teleport to you and pwn you
    c) Shadow jump/teleport away and lol at you.
    d) Throw up CoD and Tidal Protection, pull out a bow, (double spark?) and **** you.
    e) Occult Ice.
    f) Maze Steps > walk into your range > lolpwn
    g) Any of the above, All of the above, Several of the above, Other tactics wich i have not mentioned, such as:
    h) Roll face across keyboard. Then tell you how noob you are because you died.
    (because most good sins ar still morons.)
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you do get out of it, all the sin has to do is hit his stealth button.

And all the archer has to do, if the assassin decides to run away, is: wings of grace, town portal. (Or, teleport incense, if town portal is too hot...)
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And all the archer has to do, if the assassin decides to run away, is: wings of grace, town portal. (Or, teleport incense, if town portal is too hot...)

bad for my ego. Also, this thread is about killing sins, i believe. As such, i should post my opinions on that, not on how to avoid beign killed by sins. If that were the question, the answer would be simple: have a lvl 105 full r9 +12 sin with you at all times.
    edited September 2011
    Options

And hope the sin doesn't know how to use throatcut or knife throw. Also I don't think your +5 armor gives you enough HP to survive 28-40 dagger strikes during the 10 seconds of town portal / incense channeling...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And hope the sin doesn't know how to use throatcut or knife throw. Also I don't think your +5 armor gives you enough HP to survive 28-40 dagger strikes during the 10 seconds of town portal / incense channeling...

Archers are older than sins. Ergo, Sins are more OP.
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I propose we just ignore OllieTheKid on acount of him being lvl 80, and likely a failure.

His level 100+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Find where they live and cut their internet cable.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options

Just tested. Expel works while channing Town Portal. YAY escape!!! <3

ijs but this strategy, though costly, looks to be 100% effective. Unless of course they are using a hotspot >_<. Further strategy for that may be required Q_Q

Retired from PWI.

• Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think you can take this a bit further. Sneak into their house, knock them out, and delete their char. Kidnap them for the 7 days that it takes for deletion. And ta da! That sin can never kill you again.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just tested. Expel works while channing Town Portal. YAY escape!!! <3

Hopefully the sin would be too dumb to use condensed thorn before interrupting with knife throw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]