Eruption Fist-Longevity Genie

swabian
swabian Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Wizard
I have read some amazing posts on the use of genies for Wizards but am puzzled as to why there is not much mention of using the Longevity Genie.

It seems to me that the initial skill is a great one for the Wizard class.

Eruption Fist- Reduces the targets elemental resistance by 30% for 4 seconds with a 10% chance to remove a beneficial effect from the target.

Please let me know if I am missing something or if its just that the other skills are far superior.

I am mainly referring to Extreme Poison, that at max last for 6 seconds and increases damage by 20%.

Is lowering resistance by 30% less attractive than increasing damage by 20%? Or does the damage equate to being about the same?

There is an additional 2 seconds of damage time for Ex. Poison so maybe that is the key?

I guess I will have to try it out unless someone already knows...
b:sin
Post edited by swabian on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    A 30% resistance reduction roughly equates to a 10% to 20% amp on the target (depending on their gear/build). But to answer your question, there are just better skills out there. The most obvious would be spark.. which reduces fire resists based on dex (base 30%.. 100 dex would give a 100% fire resist reduction) not to mention that spark uses alot less energy. If you are interested, this is my spark spreadsheet which should give you an idea how these skills roughly compare https://docs.google.com/a/csu.fullerton.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CN-3hpEJ&pli=1&key=0AhrQ6dHVk9FidGF1Uml1SUNmSjk0OXhYeFFTZ244X3c&hl=en&authkey=CN-3hpEJ#gid=0 (3dex spark is slightly over 30% reduction.. so you can count that as eruption fist if you want :P). Anyway, the amp % is less than poison/frenzy.. doesn't last as long, and costs alot more energy to use (and eruption fist doesn't even come close to a dex genie w/ spark).

The only thing eruption fist has going for it is that it is the only genie skill with a chance to purge (and is the only way to purge an opponent for many classes).. but not many people use it for that. It just costs too much energy for a 10% chance at purging an opponent.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • swabian
    swabian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well that says it all!

Ty Adroit
    b:sin
This discussion has been closed.