should plants have demon and sage effects?

Options
Barunaa - Heavens Tear
Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Mystic
basically all in the title. thicket is technically a plant summon but it has a demon and sage effect. all of the regular summons also have a demon and sage effect.

however it seems that none of the plants have demon/sage effects. why is this and schould it change? i never understood why NONE of the plants have these effects when the plants account for a good percentage of mystics attacks.
Post edited by Barunaa - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• mryc
    mryc Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Im no-where near the stage to chose Sage/Demon on my Mystic, but I would think the effectiveness of the plants would be greatly increased at the Sage/Demon level compared to level 10, rather than the use of the skill changing.

I do agree with you though, I thought the same thing when I looked at the skill tree for plants.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Doesnt bother me that much, Only wish plants would be able to be summoned without a target. xD
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Doesnt bother me that much, Only wish plants would be able to be summoned without a target. xD

I agree with this post completely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I agree. Would be nice :)
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • ooohawkeyeooo
    ooohawkeyeooo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Increased debuff would be nice, 20% isn t much realy and even cleric have better debuff. And yeah i would love to cast listless blossom in pvp without a target XD
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Increased debuff would be nice, 20% isn t much realy and even cleric have better debuff. And yeah i would love to cast listless blossom in pvp without a target XD

Well with all the respect, Cleric decreases his own defense in order to reduce the enemy's defense...
    We don't lose anything while debuffing so i believe its very fair.
    About the Listless - Yea thats what i think. xD
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    They totally should, I want a longer vital herb or one that has a smaller CD.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    And allow the 2 healing plants to be cast on a target...
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

I remember when I could have my Punishing Sting & Befuddling Creeper out at the same time, and lysing both together was really nice. Now I cant even have Punishing Sting and a Healing Herb out at the same time, casting one cancels the other.

Maybe that's something that changes as you level, or it was just too awesome and we got nerfed. But Lysing now sort of seems...all dressed up with no where to go.

Point being, Id rather have my two (other than healing) plants back.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Options

That's so stupid i wont bother saying anything.
    Ow.... How shocking... It's a sin!

I remember when I could have my Punishing Sting & Befuddling Creeper out at the same time, and lysing both together was really nice. Now I cant even have Punishing Sting and a Healing Herb out at the same time, casting one cancels the other.

Maybe that's something that changes as you level, or it was just too awesome and we got nerfed. But Lysing now sort of seems...all dressed up with no where to go.

Point being, Id rather have my two (other than healing) plants back.

I'm sorry but... I was a Mystic since they came out (2nd March) and you could never have 2 plants out at the same time... You could always have Punishing Stink, Defudding Creeper, Spidervine or Healing Herb casted in same time with Vital Herb.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That's so stupid i wont bother saying anything.
    Ow.... How shocking... It's a sin!

I'm sorry but... I was a Mystic since they came out (2nd March) and you could never have 2 plants out at the same time... You could always have Punishing Stink, Defudding Creeper, Spidervine or Healing Herb casted in same time with Vital Herb.

Okay, call me a liar if you like. I made my mystic in May. One day there was a posting on the Home Page about Mystics now allowed two plants - Im guessing this was somewhere around late June or early July. I jumped in and tested it and you could throw down your Punishing Sting and Befuddling Creeper at the same time. Such a boon for a 'baby' Mystic.

I could also have Punishing Sting and Healing Herb out at the same time. I could not be confusing this with Vital Herb because my Vital Herb stayed at level one until after I was lvl 80, and wasnt even put on my action bar until I desided the time was right (coin & spirit-wise - as well as acquiring other maxed skills I felt at the time I needed more) to raise it up.

Also, this ability disappeared in a short period of time (I dont think I had the ability for more than a week), with nothing on the Home Page about its removal. Maybe I was experiencing some kind of glitch with the ability you say has existed since at least March in regard to Vital Herb - but I could not have seen a March posting on the Home Page, because I simply was not here (and as previously stated was not using my Vital Herb yet).

In any case, I am not making it up - and it would be nice to be able to do it again. Although I easily conceed that it would probably make a high-leveled Mystic more powerful than the developers intended. b:pleased