Seeker/Genie questionsD:

Options
yoyo6921
yoyo6921 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I am lvl 30, i have a zeal genie, 40 points in mag.
I pumped 5 into affinity and i dont know what to do . i dont know how to use genies for seeker, please someone elaborate to me more
D:
Post edited by yoyo6921 on

Comments

• DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ...try the seeker forums and search button -___- pretty sure there's already a bajillion threads on this topic

you pumped 5 into which affinity? the elements will effect which skill your genie can learn, but as you only get one every 5 levels try using a genie calculator to figure out your endgame genie build first to make sure you don't run out of affinity for the skills you want; substitute some skills if neccessary

as for what skills to get? never played a seeker, so not sure, try searching..but here's some generic skills cuz i'm bored:
    tree of protection (increases max hp and heals)
    holy path (increases movement speed)
    tangling mire (reduces phys def)
    cloud eruption (instant chi)
    alpha male (only if you're going to lure, lets you gain aggro)
    wind shield (decreases damage taken, increases attack speed)
    ok that's it, i run outta patience, but there's probably more i would recommend

btw mag doesn't really do anything unless it's in multiples of 50
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    btw mag doesn't really do anything unless it's in multiples of 50
    That's incorrect. Each point of Magic increases energy recovery rate by +0.02/sec (the base recovery rate is 1/sec.).

For more information on using genies, I recommend these links:
    PWI wiki: Genie Guides (lots of general genie info)
    Ecatomb: Genie Skills (specifics on genie skills)
    Asterelle: Genie Affinity Calculator (useful for planning your genie ahead of time)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • HildieGarde - Heavens Tear
    HildieGarde - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yoyo6921 wrote: »
    I am lvl 30, i have a zeal genie, 40 points in mag.
    I pumped 5 into affinity and i dont know what to do . i dont know how to use genies for seeker, please someone elaborate to me more
    D:

If you plan to Tank as a seeker, I suggest you work towards getting Alpha Male which dramatically increases your aggro and can save squad wipes. (AOE aggro increase)

It requires 5 Wood 4 Earth affinity so you won't be able to get it till genie is level 40 or 45. Then work towards getting Holy Path and Second Wind. You get one additional affinity point every 5 levels but you have to plan ahead if you want to get Alpha Male at a low level.

Personally I put all my point into Vit first until it reaches 40 points to get the max energy, then into Mag until it reaches 40 then add some to each as you continue leveling up. The worst thing is to not have enough energy and with high Vit you can have enough for 2 bursts of holy path, a reasonably quick recharge for Earthflame and Alpha Male or the Second Wind Heal.
  • yoyo6921
    yoyo6921 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    how can i be a tanker :o , i thought seekers r damage dealer only?