Question.

aleisho123
aleisho123 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Support Desk
Why is it that everytime that there is a new update patch every week, that there is a "maintenance" Players, including me, have to face some kind of problem with the patcher or the files that we are downloading? Everytime i have to sit in my computer TRYING to figure out how to fix the game that the own company manages to ruin with their supposed updates, now, more importantly why must i go through the frustration of having to do so for something i want to enjoy? In other words PWI staff why must the players do YOUR work? I pay every week i buy ZEN so this kind of inconvinience does not does not happen, as in other words I am paying to play a very expensive game, now with this i am not saying that being a cash player gives me more rights than, other non cash buying players since we are all customers to PWI and have the same rights, they are also very important to PWI as they provide publicity nonetheless, anyways, point is PWI staff why if u haev such an expensive ingmae shop and expect us to buy zen, why not do the best at your job? What you sell is Entertaiment isnt it? well im not a good marketer or any of the sorts, but when you customers have to go through frustration to consume your services, that is definitely NOT good costumer service please rethink your ways and HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM!!!!