Farming BM, couple of questions

Options
stredttfd
stredttfd Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Blademaster
So I decided to roll a BM for more effective farming, FC, Nirvy. The idea behind my builds is to use the pieces I already have and invest as little as possible. It will be a farming BM, not an endgame char. Out all the pieces I ahve on BM(both builds - claw and axes) I am only missing a Mountcrasher plate and Misty ring, everything else is already used by other char and will be transferred via account stash.
I do have a question on axes though: Lionheart Hatchets are recommended, but they are like 25M+ (not that I don't have the coin, just don't want to invest that much in farming char). star axes are recommended as well, but i like Scarlet axes better - they hit harder and recover 5% HP and increase pdef and mdef when proc - it's kinda a trade-off - either u kill faster with Sacrificial strike proc on star axes, or u survive better that additional time by recovering HP and increasing defenses on Scarlet axes. Saw Scarlet axes in AH for about 8Mil - good price? Gold is at around 1.2M atm. I will also have a sin bot for BP buff for soloing.
What do u guys think? Should I put extra STR into VIT? I have just enough DEX for deicides and bumped it a bit for that extra crit%. If I throw 60 extra STR into VIT it will be less squishy - around 8K HP unbuffed. My damage will decrease by about 600 and phys def by about 100, i think not a bad trade-off for almost a 1000HP, right?
By "cheap" BM i mean, that I have all the pieces on the other char already, so no investment there.

Cheap BM http://pwcalc.com/354273ac477710f8

Axes BM http://pwcalc.com/fc287775cd280440

Any input will be appreciated, even rant b:chuckle
Post edited by stredttfd on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    stredttfd wrote: »
    So I decided to roll a BM for more effective farming, FC, Nirvy. The idea behind my builds is to use the pieces I already have and invest as little as possible. It will be a farming BM, not an endgame char. Out all the pieces I ahve on BM(both builds - claw and axes) I am only missing a Mountcrasher plate and Misty ring, everything else is already used by other char and will be transferred via account stash.
    I do have a question on axes though: Lionheart Hatchets are recommended, but they are like 25M+ (not that I don't have the coin, just don't want to invest that much in farming char). star axes are recommended as well, but i like Scarlet axes better - they hit harder and recover 5% HP and increase pdef and mdef when proc - it's kinda a trade-off - either u kill faster with Sacrificial strike proc on star axes, or u survive better that additional time by recovering HP and increasing defenses on Scarlet axes. Saw Scarlet axes in AH for about 8Mil - good price? Gold is at around 1.2M atm. I will also have a sin bot for BP buff for soloing.
    What do u guys think? Should I put extra STR into VIT? I have just enough DEX for deicides and bumped it a bit for that extra crit%. If I throw 60 extra STR into VIT it will be less squishy - around 8K HP unbuffed. My damage will decrease by about 600 and phys def by about 100, i think not a bad trade-off for almost a 1000HP, right?
    By "cheap" BM i mean, that I have all the pieces on the other char already, so no investment there.

Cheap BM http://pwcalc.com/354273ac477710f8

Axes BM http://pwcalc.com/fc287775cd280440

Any input will be appreciated, even rant b:chuckle

As far as farming, axes don't really matter. They matter a little bit for FCC but don't for TT or Vana. Scarlet Axes have better defenses, and a more defensive proc, as well as higher base damage. Star Axes don't have SS, they have Gloom. It's more like a 25% amp instead of a 100% amp. When Star axes proc they'd hit harder then Scarlet. Either way really doesn't matter. Use lvl 1 axes for HF and it wouldn't make much difference in farming.

I hope you mean "sin alt" instead of "sin bot".

Adding to vitality wouldn't be a horrible idea if you are farming and have enough for your gear. Your calcs, btw, have demon spark and sage fist mastery. Hard to get both...

Last piece of advice would be create a farming genie with Balance on it or earthquake for interupts. You have very low magic defenses.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • stredttfd
    stredttfd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol, I was just playing with pwcalc too muchb:sad demon spark and sage fist rofl.
    Yeah, but in case I want to FC I'd rather bring good axes, cuz HF is still an AOE with 100% weapon damage at lvl 10, so I can use it in Delta too. For how long is the proc from Scarlet axes though? Increased defenses for a few seconds? pwdatabase doesnt say.
  • PreDevil - Sanctuary
    PreDevil - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/e62e1d7391c00f60

this is the claw build that i am working on getting, i've gotten all the tt gear from it and soon the lunar nirvana pants , it has proven effective so far, nice magical def and nice phy def
    the calloused lion heart dual axes are worth getting, and with BP its better than a healing effect on ur axes
    PreDevil Endeavour lvl 101 Demon, Australian BladeMaster b:victory