LA Mystic D:!

2»

Comments

• Shuai - Harshlands
    Shuai - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I saw a heavy armor mystic once. Probably lvl 70-80. I guess that's worse than LA

HA builds for caster classes make me wet.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    HA on a veno works great. On a mystic it's pure fail, any other armor than arcane is fail in my opinion on a mystic considering the way a mystic works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    HA on a veno works great. On a mystic it's pure fail, any other armor than arcane is fail in my opinion on a mystic considering the way a mystic works.

Agreed, IMO Veno is the only class that should even consider about going HA or such, Mystic... Wizard, Cleric or Psy is just... *Face palm*
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    also when u use LA not only does your own damage suffer but your PETS damage suffers aswell. your pets damage is based on your magic attack. so the less magic attack u have the more your pets will suck in terms of dmg.

this applies for ALL pets including cragglord and plants. so overall you will just be a useless mystic. you cant tank in LA, you cant damage deal in LA, and you cant even support in LA. so why are ppl being so stupid and going LA?

you 2 shot most of the mobs before they even touch u anyway and if they get close u have a pushback skill. and this is IF you are soloing without a pet. with a pet your pet will tank all of the dmg for you. so why the **** do u ppl need LA?

it honestly boggles my mind. im not going to even try to go over the usefulness of salvation and other defensive self buffs that help you stay alive without the need for LA. you ppl are to herp derp for me.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I wanna see those silly LA Mystics come and fight me...
    WTF is a wanna be cleric? If i can heal my squad and keep them alive you cant call me a wanna be.
    Now GTFO.
    My mystic's only 51. He has level 10 BiTCs, 2 Mist, 2 healing herb, and 1 vital herb. He just healed AND DDd BH39 better than any cleric his level. These people who call us "wanna be clerics" are just jelly. They only advantages they have over us are IH, RB, and buffs. But as healers, we're just as good if not better. b:cool
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yea HA only works for venos. Besides I don't consider a veno a caster. It's more like a caster-hybrid.

You can be a caster if you want, but it's not your only option.

And really imo arcane is the way to go with mystics. If your so worried about defenses, just shard or get better gear. But, I think offense is your greatest defense with a mystic.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My lvl 28 pure magic and full AA mystic was able to keep a squad of lvl 21 alive in a fb19. There was a cleric but its reaction time was so slow that i had to heal everyone. But we did great (beside one person dying because he got 3 mobs on him). So i say pure magic and full AA is the best.
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm sorry you mean switch from my AA
    http://pwcalc.com/f24cd39ee1935f86

endgame build to this
    http://pwcalc.com/38b2c93056610588
    LA endgame sucky build? LOLWUT

MMM sacrifice around 4k less mp, 8k less pdef, and over 7k less m.attack... for... mmm I don't know... for what?... just for the kicks of being LA??? ... no thanks
  • mryc
    mryc Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Im not sure what the calc stats were ment to show above me, they seemed a poor comparison to each other so I'll do it for you guys.

2 Calcs, one for AA and one for LA, no thrills TT90 or close to that level gear, no gems or refines, as this is a comparison it wont matter and small numbers are often easyer to work with.

AA
    http://pwcalc.com/b24741e041086694

LA
    http://pwcalc.com/07336bbc8675b9f2

These Gears are by no means optimal, they are just a quick comparison.
    AA has over 1500 more M.Atk than the LA
    AA has 5% less chance to crit than LA
    AA has 1400 less P.Def than LA
    AA has nearly 3000 more M.Def than LA

Yes if refined LA has more +HP but with the differance in M.Atk, even at these low gear standards, it's clearly not worth it.

I hope this helps people understand.
    If you still like the sound of LA, fine, role with it, just don't expect parties often.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    I'm sorry you mean switch from my AA
    http://pwcalc.com/f24cd39ee1935f86

endgame build to this
    http://pwcalc.com/38b2c93056610588
    LA endgame sucky build? LOLWUT

MMM sacrifice around 4k less mp, 8k less pdef, and over 7k less m.attack... for... mmm I don't know... for what?... just for the kicks of being LA??? ... no thanks

I hate LA and HA on Mystic so i agree with you but...
    You went on Vit stones - Of course it looks bad.
    It will look bad anyway to be honest but.... You could use Citrine or Garnets instead of vit, cuz vit is obviously stupid for a magic class.
  • mryc
    mryc Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Vit stones are good, they not only boost hp, but P.Def, M.Def and HP regen, sorry but crits arn't close.

Not sure why you commented on her ones, when I made clearer calcs to show to differance between LA and AA after her anyway.
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I didn't go vit stones, I went Citrine / Garnet Gems on all my gear

http://pwcalc.com/3ea8455dca1528ae
    mryc wrote: »
    Vit stones are good, they not only boost hp, but P.Def, M.Def and HP regen, sorry but crits arn't close.

Not sure why you commented on her ones, when I made clearer calcs to show to differance between LA and AA after her anyway.

Your calcs aren't "clearer" since

1st: they aren't endgame. Who bothers with pre-endgame anymore?

2nd: if you plan on sticking to 9x lvls... you can wear whatever from FC85 to TT90, you'll still be useless

3rd it isn't "easier" to work with smaller numbers when the real and useful diference comes endgame... (higher numbers) and there's no need for +12 refines, difference starts at +5 even

On your conclusions you say AA has less pdef... when a real AA build ends up with more mdef/p.def than LA... (assuming you wear the right ornaments of course). The m.attack difference is also much higher.

Since LA isn't 50/50 on p.m.def but more of a 20.20 than original values, it has to use both p.def/m.def ornaments or use certaing type of gear to make up for such a big defense loss.
    The HP difference ain't that big, considering my endgame LA build full of VIT stones only give me 1k more HP than my former AA build with the same refines and less HP shards.

my current AA build: http://pwcalc.com/3ea8455dca1528ae
    if I switch to LA and keep refines: http://pwcalc.com/38b2c93056610588

note that my build aint nothing compared to people who is already full rank9 +12 (who isn't anyway?)... but alas... I've been playing for over 2 years and haven't CSd... nor will I bother getting full r9.

AA BUILD has better defenses than LA, of cours there are still idiots out there who wear AA armor with m.def ornaments...plz don't take them in consideration on this discussion
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Yep i talked about the LA Build....
    Vit gives the LOWEST Def and HP to casting classes while barb is on top.
    Using Garnet Gems and Citrine Gems would be much more useful than Vit
    (One of the reasons your defense is lower with the LA.)
  • krishnaya
    krishnaya Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    DO NOT GO LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will wish you were arcane if u go LA