Getting APS is depressing - And Expensive!

2»

Comments

• Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Zan I made that spreadsheet fool. And i forgot to mention its only pre- +10 and g13 only has 1 socket. Those are the circumstances required for r8 to out dd g13. Either way even at +10 the difference is less than 1% less dps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Here's an updated version I've been working on: http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt319/raindeux/DpsReview2.png

H&T haven't been finished because it's kind of irrelevant. I was only going to do it to show how high the increase of dps is when upgrading from h&t to g13/r8.

But notice how at +10 G13 with 1 socket doesn't even deal 1% more damage than r8.

Let me say it again. Less than 1% increase in dps.

Yes, thats totally worth 240 mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Here's an updated version I've been working on: http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt319/raindeux/DpsReview2.png

H&T haven't been finished because it's kind of irrelevant. I was only going to do it to show how high the increase of dps is when upgrading from h&t to g13/r8.

But notice how at +10 G13 with 1 socket doesn't even deal 1% more damage than r8.

Let me say it again. Less than 1% increase in dps.

Yes, thats totally worth 240 mil.

I'm already aware of how little difference in damage there is between 1 socket G13 and R8... or did you not see my post earlier? Here's the thing though, with G13 you'll have more chi instead of having to use a chi skill if you get sealed/stunned/slept by certain bosses. The extra chi gained gives you a lot more potential to kill bosses faster than 4APS with R8, even if the DPS between R8 and 1 socket G13 daggers is minimal, it still favors the G13 AND you have more chi to work with. Considering that the daggers are the tome are near each other in price, why not get the daggers?

More chi to work with along with a bit better damage in the worst case scenario and superior damage in the best case definitely makes G13 worth it in my opinion, especially considering that there are times that if you had the extra chi to triple spark instead of being two seconds away could save your life, had a few moments like that myself as I'm sure a lot of people that solo or tank difficult bosses have.

That "Yeah that's totally worth 240m" comment makes no sense by the way, since we're discussing the differences between R8 with a Pan Gu and G13, each has about the same cost so.. unless we're talking about R8 vs G13 both with no tome then that comment's not needed, by the way.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    I'm already aware of how little difference in damage there is between 1 socket G13 and R8... or did you not see my post earlier? Here's the thing though, with G13 you'll have more chi instead of having to use a chi skill if you get sealed/stunned/slept by certain bosses. The extra chi gained gives you a lot more potential to kill bosses faster than 4APS with R8, even if the DPS between R8 and 1 socket G13 daggers is minimal, it still favors the G13 AND you have more chi to work with. Considering that the daggers are the tome are near each other in price, why not get the daggers?

More chi to work with along with a bit better damage in the worst case scenario and superior damage in the best case definitely makes G13 worth it in my opinion, especially considering that there are times that if you had the extra chi to triple spark instead of being two seconds away could save your life, had a few moments like that myself as I'm sure a lot of people that solo or tank difficult bosses have.

That "Yeah that's totally worth 240m" comment makes no sense by the way, since we're discussing the differences between R8 with a Pan Gu and G13, each has about the same cost so.. unless we're talking about R8 vs G13 both with no tome then that comment's not needed, by the way.

The thing is, the only thing I stated in my original post is getting r8 + a tome is better dps for farming end game since it saves you 240mil. Even though you sacrifice a little survivability. I just said the dps is better. Then everyone made assumptions as to what my post meant and argued to me about the flaws, when I never even said they weren't right in my dps chart.

If your end game plans are r8 or g13, go g13. But if you plan on going r9/g15, I said go r8 -> r9. Since r9 out DD's G15 and it's a lot cheaper. And you'll save 240mil if you went r8 -> r9 instead of G13 -> g15/r9.

And yes my comment is needed, because I'm assuming you plan on going r9, which is what I said in my original post. Which saves you 240mil. Since we're assuming you will get a tome to go with your g15/r9 for better aps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    The thing is, the only thing I stated in my original post is getting r8 + a tome is better dps for farming end game since it saves you 240mil. Even though you sacrifice a little survivability. I just said the dps is better. Then everyone made assumptions as to what my post meant and argued to me about the flaws, when I never even said they weren't right in my dps chart.

If your end game plans are r8 or g13, go g13. But if you plan on going r9/g15, I said go r8 -> r9. Since r9 out DD's G15 and it's a lot cheaper. And you'll save 240mil if you went r8 -> r9 instead of G13 -> g15/r9.

And yes my comment is needed, because I'm assuming you plan on going r9, which is what I said in my original post. Which saves you 240mil. Since we're assuming you will get a tome to go with your g15/r9 for better aps.

Saving money doesn't make something better for farming, what makes something better for farming is having higher damage output. Honestly I'd still get G13 if I was after R9, just because the farming would be easier and faster, that and if I +10'd it the money wouldn't go to as much of a waste. Faster farming = easier and faster R9 which makes it worth it to me. Sure it's 240m more if you wanna farm the tome for you R9 later, but it seems like a better idea to me to have higher farming capability while you're working on R9 than to limit yourself and lower your money making potential.

Save 240m?

Or spend it then use your higher damage output to farm your R9+tome faster? Hmm.. Hmm.... I just don't know which to choose...
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Saving money doesn't make something better for farming, what makes something better for farming is having higher damage output. Honestly I'd still get G13 if I was after R9, just because the farming would be easier and faster, that and if I +10'd it the money wouldn't go to as much of a waste. Faster farming = easier and faster R9 which makes it worth it to me. Sure it's 240m more if you wanna farm the tome for you R9 later, but it seems like a better idea to me to have higher farming capability while you're working on R9 than to limit yourself and lower your money making potential.

Save 240m?

Or spend it then use your higher damage output to farm your R9+tome faster? Hmm.. Hmm.... I just don't know which to choose...

I dont see any math to prove it'd be faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    I dont see any math to prove it'd be faster.

So.. higher damage output wouldn't make farming faster? Are you sure about that? We've both seen that G13 with 2 sockets and identical refines/shards out damages R8 significantly.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    So.. higher damage output wouldn't make farming faster? Are you sure about that? We've both seen that G13 with 2 sockets and identical refines/shards out damages R8 significantly.

90% of g13s come out 1 socket. Unless you feel like buying thousands of socket stones to 2 socket it. So unless you get really lucky you'll be using 1 socket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    90% of g13s come out 1 socket. Unless you feel like buying thousands of socket stones to 2 socket it. So unless you get really lucky you'll be using 1 socket.

My point remains valid, considering the fact that a decent amount of people manage to get two sockets.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    My point remains valid, considering the fact that a decent amount of people manage to get two sockets.

Decent as in 1 of 10 people. 90% of people will be farming with 1 socket g13s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Decent as in 1 of 10 people. 90% of people will be farming with 1 socket g13s.

You sure? Seen a few more people than that manage two sockets... but whatever, fact of the matter is G13s farm more efficiently than R8 no matter how you look at it, and considering the amount of time it'd take in order to get R9 through farming alone it'd be a worthwile investment to make the farming process easier.
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So 5 aps gameplay is pretty much the same as walking a level 60+ player into the starter area and 1 shotting everything and everything there can wail on you all day and not make a dent in your health. Sounds like fun.
    Just some guy
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You sure? Seen a few more people than that manage two sockets... but whatever, fact of the matter is G13s farm more efficiently than R8 no matter how you look at it, and considering the amount of time it'd take in order to get R9 through farming alone it'd be a worthwile investment to make the farming process easier.
    To each theit own opinion but i'd rather farm 900mil with r8 + a tome than farm 1.3bil using g13.
    So 5 aps gameplay is pretty much the same as walking a level 60+ player into the starter area and 1 shotting everything and everything there can wail on you all day and not make a dent in your health. Sounds like fun.

Pretty much. And yes it is quite fun to be honest. Especially considering it isnt level 1 mobs. It's level 150 mobs and depending on what you're facerolling they make quite a bit of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobbm
    bobbm Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    It really is quite difficult, but when it reaches 3.33, it's worth, because he gets to have feedback about your character -.-
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I'm new here in the forum, I registered today ^ ^