[Server Maintenance Tonight] 8-24-2011[COMPLETE]

monkeyshatter
monkeyshatter Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Hi everyone,

We will be performing server maintenance tonight between the hours of 11pm PDT and 1am PDT.

During this time, the game servers will be getting software upgrades and will therefore be unavailable. Since this upgrade will only affect our game servers and not your game clients, you should be able to login as soon as the servers come back up, if you are already patched up to the current version of the game

Thanks

Tonight's Topic:
UNICORNS

b:chuckle
Post edited by monkeyshatter on

Comments

• Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    :O

I like unicorns :3

1st page yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yey, i hope you're preparing for something great though !

Edit: yes, everyone loves unicorns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWM2joNb9NE >:O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fizz_ - Archosaur
    Fizz_ - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    twice in same week o.O
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This thread is now about PLATYPII
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ...the hell?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Another maint ?

Maybe something is coming after all.

As for unicorns..Hmm i'll pass...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hi everyone,

We will be performing server maintenance tonight between the hours of 11pm PDT and 1am PDT.

During this time, the game servers will be getting software upgrades and will therefore be unavailable. Since this upgrade will only affect our game servers and not your game clients, you should be able to login as soon as the servers come back up, if you are already patched up to the current version of the game

Thanks

Tonight's Topic:
    UNICORNS

b:chuckle

Congrants on the twice in one week of this entire Maintenance, o_o Now I shall lock my own place to make sure you do not appear in my room.
  • LadyAlicia - Dreamweaver
    LadyAlicia - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    first page and game down again wow twice in one week havent seen that in a while
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Dun Dun Dun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Dude WTF... what did you guys do on monday then?
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Upgrade the servers.
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for the short notice, but the servers will be down tonight for maintenance from 11pm PDT until 1am PDT.

Our servers will be upgraded, so it won't be a full-blown patch maintenance. We hope to have everything back up and running as soon as possible.

Since Frankie's out of town, I'm making tonight's topic:
    PLATYPUS

b:mischievous
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2011

They had to shutdown the servers because they needed the bandwhich to download *eheh* b:chuckle

And unicorns?,pff Blue Chickens FTW
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ...hypers sale during the heat of FC glitching?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    maybe they got the fix finally? That's a server-side thing and would not effect our clients
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    ShinSein - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    first page and game down again wow twice in one week havent seen that in a while

Maybe they finally got that good kick in the head to get things done ne?

And about the Unicorn....Unicorn Mayonnaise?! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsein.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks goes to Dorset!
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

ShinSein - Harshlands (Alt/Main)
    Shinsetsu - Lothranis (French Main)
    +Bring sexy back - Complete b:victory
  • KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary
    KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    maybe they got the fix finally? That's a server-side thing and would not effect our clients

You don't know what you are talking about.
  • mecatl33
    mecatl33 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Let's talk about beavers and dolphins!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MBV-mKq8no
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ...hypers sale during the heat of FC glitching?

Why does it matter? It's more expensive to buy than make with tokens.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    You don't know what you are talking about.
    really? I don't? all the NPC data is SERVER-SIDE, why do you think when you lag or disconnect you can't find any NPCs? it would NOT need a client update, just a file replacement in their server data
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Also, unless a maintenance is described as an Emergency Maintenance (such as for the Duke Rose Fiasco), I personally don't expect to see 2 in a week, even if the maintenance is performed on a different day than normal. Just some food for thought.b:bye

Looking back... why did I post this? I jinxed the servers.b:shutup
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    maybe China got off their *** and fixed the problem? lol we can dream, right?
  • KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary
    KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    really? I don't? all the NPC data is SERVER-SIDE, why do you think when you lag or disconnect you can't find any NPCs? it would NOT need a client update, just a file replacement in their server data

Except the client and server are kept in sync. Lots of NPC data is on the client. When the boss spawns a mob for example they say something in common chat. Where do you think that text is? That text has to be translated for different clients whether you are using the english one or the french one.

What about the structure of all those menus you have to click through when you click an NPC? You think you download that from the server every time?
  • Zaachiiee - Lost City
    Zaachiiee - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Is this still going on? I can't log in, nor can I log in on ESO either.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Except the client and server are kept in sync. Lots of NPC data is on the client. When the boss spawns a mob for example they say something in common chat. Where do you think that text is? That text has to be translated for different clients whether you are using the english one or the french one.

What about the structure of all those menus you have to click through when you click an NPC? You think you download that from the server every time?
    the data on how the NPC acts is on the server, the response of that information is in the client. in elements.data I've seen the structure of the file, I'm browsed it contents. the elements.data that is local only hosts drop rates and npc name/speech data. the other data is stripped from it
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2011

From my experience, if you are disconnected from the server in a town and try to talk to any of the NPCs, you won't get anything from them.

As for what the boss says in common chat, it could very well be a trigger the servers sends to the client. The client is essentially the workforce of the game. It creates whatever the server tells it to. This is why skills can sometimes take forever to launch when you're lagging. Your client is sending the information of whatever skill you are clicking on to the server and the server is sending the client what animation it needs to play. Rubberbanding is another good example of this. The server says you are one place, but your client reads you as being in another spot. The client simply animates the actions the server tells it to. And, probably, your mouse clicks and button presses.

At least, that's how I understand it.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011

XDDDD perhaps you should of not jinxed the servers XDDDD

Ah well it can't be helped right?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2011

Damn, beat me to it, I was going to post that LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011

Sorry for posting twice on here, but cannot help when you just posted that game from Adult swim b:shocked
  • Optimiistic - Heavens Tear
    Optimiistic - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    My guess:

something went wrong on monday, they had to roll-back [this is, leave the server like it was before maint.] (that's why we had to wait for many hours), and now they know how to do upgrade it right -> they try again =D