+12 Physic isn't the strongest character

Options
laisvis
laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
When I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvZD6iWPO4M I have changed my minds tha Physic with maxed gears is invincible in pvp. What do you think about this video?
Post edited by laisvis on

Comments

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah because barb PVP actually requires an ounce of skill unlike psychic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    psi trying to kill barbar under invoke....very prob:laugh
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I kinda lol'd. Both people behind those toon's lack skills. Coming from a fellow Barb, I saw about 9000 things I wouldn't do, and thought of 9000 things I would do w/ that gear. As for the Psy........ LOL. Did that Psy not kite the turtle? C'mon.

Obviously this isn't PWI's servers. Though, if it were -- I'd feel bad for the amount of cash dropped on toons that are can't be used properly.
  • endlesspsy
    endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    In Russia Barbs kill you
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Shame $$$ cannot buy you skill...

pathetic excuse of a psy.

Yeah because barb PVP actually requires an ounce of skill unlike psychic.

As for this, if you think Psy is a mindless pvp pewpew class like Sins, you are Highly mistaken, as evidenced in this video...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • my99ukforum
    my99ukforum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle

i kinda laugh and think maybe +12 chemistry or +12 biology can kill?
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wtf was with the psys shards? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    laisvis wrote: »
    When I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvZD6iWPO4M I have changed my minds tha Physic with maxed gears is invincible in pvp. What do you think about this video?

Well for one her choice of spells to use on him is wack. Second, she needs to keep distance on him ... and shes right next to him when he axed her. She has skills to push him back and can kite him.

Sorry is this a Private Server or something?
  • omegatoth
    omegatoth Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Well for one her choice of spells to use on him is wack. Second, she needs to keep distance on him ... and shes right next to him when he axed her. She has skills to push him back and can kite him.

Sorry are u high or something?

but yah poor skills by psy..
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    omegatoth wrote: »
    Sorry are u high or something?

but yah poor skills by psy..

The push back skill is called Landslide: Interrupts enemy channeling and knockback target for 12.6 meters.

Note the knock back abilty and 12.6 meters is good range. The last thing a squishy needs is a axe wielding-short range barb in her face. I did not even see her use Soulburn or any stun or kick back skill. Even his slam only has a 10 meter range.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The push back skill is called Landslide: Interrupts enemy channeling and knockback target for 12.6 meters.

Note the knock back abilty and 12.6 meters is good range. The last thing a squishy needs is a axe wielding-short range barb in her face. I did not even see her use Soulburn or any stun or kick back skill.

Since when could you push people back in pvp? That's why he asked if you were high.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • _min - Sanctuary
    _min - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Note the knock back abilty and 12.6 meters is good range. The last thing a squishy needs is a axe wielding-short range barb in her face. I did not even see her use Soulburn or any stun or kick back skill.

It doesn't work in pvp. Mystic can pushback only
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It doesn't work in pvp. Mystic can pushback only

Sorry - well my Psy is 84 but she is PVE - never PVPed her. I google this but I cannot find anywhere Landslide is PVE only.

Okay - noted.
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Pffft that psy is pro, everyone knows all the cool kids try to hit through invoke, **** kiting b:victory
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _SoulCrusheR - Dreamweaver
    _SoulCrusheR - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Jee guys calm down. None of them had spent any $ on the server they play on. It's official PVP tourney (PWIC for Russia) server made by GMs to find out best players. Every player was given shards and r9+12 gear. THey couldnt change any shards, that's why psy has lame ones.
  • Liandri - Lothranis
    Liandri - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Am i high.. or did i see immac garnet's in full +12 gear? Are refines there cheap as hell or even free? or are immacs like 30m lawl.
    Liten Men Tuff
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Barbs have a big advantage 1 v 1

in group pvp the psy would own a lot more than barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Is that Psy ****? "Yes, let's use frenzy when he's right next to me." "Psychic Will, wtf is that?"
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's also a demon psy, I don't think they have as good soulforce skills as a sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't even have a Psy and I can play one better than the one in this video.
  • Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary
    Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's also a demon psy, I don't think they have as good soulforce skills as a sage.

Last I checked demon SF skills have a higher proc rate and a higher damage reflect.
    I give up on beign a blademaster. Gonna go wave my tranny **** around and pew pew.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Last I checked demon SF skills have a higher proc rate and a higher damage reflect.

True, with the exception of soul of stunning, where I believe sage benefits from a maximum of two extra seconds on the stun. Personally, I find being demon to be useful when fighting melees as landslide is readily available.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    no private servers have the files for tb/eg they don't even have genies. (I played on one for a bit, just to experience the high end of the game, not that impressed)

and as stated before PvP knock back doesn't work.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think the barb was letting the phy hit him to show that its not enough! So who ever said they both lack skills, you should remeber that it was recorded as a demo to show that phys are not the end all and be all of the game, and not to show how barbs stand around and like getting hit.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    stinks wrote: »
    I think the barb was letting the phy hit him to show that its not enough! So who ever said they both lack skills, you should remeber that it was recorded as a demo to show that phys are not the end all and be all of the game, and not to show how barbs stand around and like getting hit.

You mean it shows that when you are facing an opponent of equal gears, you can't just win by smashing random buttons? Big shocker.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    A good Psychic wouldn't let a Barb get that close without using Psy. Will or at least without having Expel handy. A good Barb wouldn't knowingly get caught in that Psych self-buff stun all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Both players didn't seem to be that great, and wtf is the psy thinking having full +12 but flawless shards?

But anyways. if both players are +12 or close to +12, the barb would have the advantage with arma bypass. Arma zerk or crit can easily one shot an unbuffed +12 psy as long as the barb isn't stupid and doesn't debuff before armaing.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • laisvis
    laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    At least, physic looks fun at pvp :) I have thounk that demon is the best way to pvp? If will be sage physic in this video?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Jee guys calm down. None of them had spent any $ on the server they play on. It's official PVP tourney (PWIC for Russia) server made by GMs to find out best players. Every player was given shards and r9+12 gear. THey couldnt change any shards, that's why psy has lame ones.

Does that mean all players had access to it? Because that would be pretty damn awesome (and would have made the tournament much more of an event if they did that over here).

In that case you couldn't really blame the players in the video, their mains could be like level 30 for all you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]