No Server Maintenance again?

Options
Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
come on now this is getting ridiculous..

No/Late Maintenance for 2 weeks
Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
Post edited by Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    uhm, they had one last week, and last night
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm an idiot who didn't take the time to look at the stickied thread at the top of the forum right by the Post New Topic button before posting

Fixed.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ^^^

LOL the truth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Technically, the maintenance that was performed last night, as well as last week, were to work on the server itself, not the game. So, if I understood this correctly, the game hasn't been updated for a while but the server has.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Technically, the maintenance that was performed last night, as well as last week, were to work on the server itself, not the game. So, if I understood this correctly, the game hasn't been updated for a while but the server has.

Untrue. Last week was an actual game patch, just a small one.b:chuckle

However, the point stands that maintenance has been performed 2 weeks in a row, just on a different day than non-active forumers would expect. Thus, don't hold it against players if they get a little confused.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »

However, the point stands that maintenance has been performed 2 weeks in a row, just on a different day than non-active forumers would expect. Thus, don't hold it against players if they get a little confused.

who should we blame? the parents, or the schools?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options

Both.b:sin
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Options

Wrong. We blame the pets!
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I blame the pandas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Wrong. We blame the pets!
    I blame the pandas

Why don't we just blame all of the above...?b:avoid
    edited August 2011
    Options

Blame Enrage, it's their fault for everything!

BTW, Kritty, that "update" was for the client launcher to prepare it for some **** to be released at a later date. Nothing in the game itself was updated, repaired, fixed, or altered in any noticeable way.
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Blame Enrage, it's their fault for everything!

BTW, Kritty, that "update" was for the client launcher to prepare it for some **** to be released at a later date. Nothing in the game itself was updated, repaired, fixed, or altered in any noticeable way.
    Patch Notes Version 551
    Released August 16, 2011

General
    Client has been upgraded for upcoming connectivity features.

Server List
    The server list now supports tabs for your convenience.

Nya. They added tabs in the server list.b:chuckle

My point was that there was a patch released, not that there was anything done to the game.b:laugh
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And my point was that they didn't do anything to improve or fix the game. We're arguing two different things here.
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And my point was that they didn't do anything to improve or fix the game. We're arguing two different things here.

Wait...server tabs aren't part of the game? Darn...

b:mischievous
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They don't do anything to improve it, just made things easier for people who are too lazy to click once or twice.
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You spent less time clicking before tabs anyways.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We should learn the difference of " Game Parts " and " Game Play ". b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Not sure we can call surprise maintenances announced 90 minutes before servers shutdown something even active forumers can expect (much less taking 5 1/2 hours to for a 2 hour maintenance.

Btw, nice job on letting people know there'd be no scheduled maintenance this week too. b:victory

btw Krit, I understand this wasn't your department and the big guy is out of the office.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Not sure we can call surprise maintenances announced 90 minutes before servers shutdown something even active forumers can expect (much less taking 5 1/2 hours to for a 2 hour maintenance.

Btw, nice job on letting people know there'd be no scheduled maintenance this week too. b:victory

btw Krit, I understand this wasn't your department and the big guy is out of the office.

I would say look for announcements for scheduled server maintenance, but...yeah...b:chuckle

Anyway, frankieraye won't be going back to China any time soon, so we shouldn't have to rely too much on MonkeyShatter remembering to post maintenance threads.b:victory

Also, unless a maintenance is described as an Emergency Maintenance (such as for the Duke Rose Fiasco), I personally don't expect to see 2 in a week, even if the maintenance is performed on a different day than normal. Just some food for thought.b:bye
  • Syedora - Sanctuary
    Syedora - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't might if we go without maintenance (besides there's a chance nothing new will break xD) but when the servers start lagging and you get high ping and DCs that's when it matters to me as I don't expect much when it comes to content.

I'm rather happy there was an upgrade to the servers themselves. It might be a good thing and the game might run even more smoothly now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Desdi - Demon Venomancer ★ Aryami - Sage Cleric ★ Syedora - Sage Psychic ★
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The OP is basically correct in stating that the game itself hasn't been updated in the last two weeks. Three pages of people arguing whether "game" refers to log-in screen and patches, trololol. Seriously! I don't play the log-in screen on the client. That's not a very fun thing to play. I play the game within' the log-in screen.

But lets be serious. Nothing needs to be fixed. That's why there is always nothing fixed. Right? b:chuckle
  • Zappingfish - Momaganon
    Zappingfish - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There have been system announcements on the German server today that maintenance will happen tomorrow morning (25th August) at 8am server time. I don't know if this is the case for all servers. I expected to find a sticky announcing this in this forum when I logged on, but there's nothing there at the mo.

Whether or not this maintenance is intended to affect "Game Play" or "Game Parts" remains to be seen! b:chuckle
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There have been system announcements on the German server today that maintenance will happen tomorrow morning (25th August) at 8am server time. I don't know if this is the case for all servers. I expected to find a sticky announcing this in this forum when I logged on, but there's nothing there at the mo.

Whether or not this maintenance is intended to affect "Game Play" or "Game Parts" remains to be seen! b:chuckle

maybe its on the german server only, so the post is on the german forums ?
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Emergency Maintenance (such as for the Duke Rose Fiasco),
    what was the "duke rose Fiasco"? I've never seen any info on it at all.. but it's ALWAYS being referenced
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options
    what was the "duke rose Fiasco"? I've never seen any info on it at all.. but it's ALWAYS being referenced

Basically, when gold was still below 300k coins (I think...), the Duke Rose fashion was released; however, there was a mix-up on one of the price of one of the pieces. People bought that piece of the fashion and sold it to NPCs repeatedly and made a lot of coin. When PWE noticed this, they did a massive rollback during an emergency maintenance no less than 2 hours after the servers came back up from the first maintenance. It was hilarious.

b:chuckle
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Basically, when gold was still below 300k coins (I think...)

That's a tad bit too far back, but that's the gist of what happened.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Fashion that had a NPC price of millions of coin. Easy to obtain, and people could sell it for millions at the time, via NPC. Within' 24 hours, the "smart" players made over 100m coins. They had to rollback the servers after that, and pull the fashion out.

Damn! I've been ninja'd.
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That's a tad bit too far back, but that's the gist of what happened.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13172421&postcount=12

Actually, according to Asterelle (A source I trust when it comes to things like this), gold was as low as 120k when the exploit occurred. I did get one detail wrong, though....no actual rollback was done.b:surrender
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13172421&postcount=12

Actually, according to Asterelle (I source I trust when it comes to things like this), gold was as low as 120k when the exploit occurred. I did get one detail wrong, though....no actual rollback was done.b:surrender

Fair enough. I remember it differently, but I am very likely to be wrong.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray