Dream Team!

Comments

• Anthemyra_ - Momaganon
    Anthemyra_ - Momaganon Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yea, some discussion is better than none. I gotta admit though, I agree with the thought of early pker's having an edge. But when I say pker's I don't mean facerolling low levels on my friends cleric with metal skills. I mean dealing with better geared and higher levels *cough* ulmos on this said cleric. I honestly did not pk for a while on my veno because I was too lazy to train a flying pet(no nix at the time) and my gear was beyond ****.

I was mostly logging in on this said cleric and slapping on so many hours from 1/2 shot crit kills. This is when I learned just how deadly a cleric can be in group/solo pvp. This learning process I believe DOES give an edge. Again, my opinion.

As for all of the rank 9's with amazing refines/shards go, if they are satisfied with the results of their investments, then so be it. It's not their fault for having access to a game where reaching 101 is NOT an achievement and having essentially your full set of gear waiting at 101 (excluding helm/cape/tome/neck) which can simply be purchased like the rest of your gear. PWI is not PWI anymore, it makes me sad but I have accepted it.

People say this game is dieing, I doubt it. But I personally believe it might begin to. Though who knows, these guys have some pro marketing skills. People point out their tactics and tricks and then fall for it themselves. Kudos to PWI.

I think our idiotic senators could learn a few things from PWI's marketing team.

many could learn out of that b:chuckle
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Delta went smoothly yesterday:

Alexioma (cleric)
    Theoim (archer)
    Kuro_Majo (wizard)
    Ateros (BM)
    MayYam (Barb)
    Me (running slave)

This is my new dream team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    TLDR

b:chuckle

but seriously . . . .

1. Proski is a great wizard, probably one of the best in the server. The fact that he's overshadowed by many others is because his gear has always been terrible. However, the main reason he's in the squad is not necessarily that, it's more for the fact that he would be squad leader. In my opinion, Proski has a great ability to lead and he proved that to me and many other people who don't have a biased opinion against him, and even to a lot of those who do.

Hmmm, he getting R9 though now - all the old distinctions will be blurred.

it is gonna be ugly though. Now if we can just kill off a rich aunt of Clac's and get him R9 too . . . .
    3. Rion. His main role will be to annoy the hell out of the opposing side's main DDs because he won't be easy to kill or get off you.

He don't need R9 to be annoying as hell. He just needs a keyboard and his ego.

At least I am clever when I troll, jeez.

As for your picks generally
    Here's mine:

1. Proski (Wiz)
    2. Orintaz (Psy)
    3. RioN (Barb)
    4. ULMOS (BM)
    5. Qingfu (Cleric)
    6. Proclivity (Veno)

I only find fault with Barb (I would pick BadBoy over Rion for pk anyday), psychic (molovo - one of the few psychics that used voodoo correctly - and ***** without rank gear even, played psychic like a wiz with ultimate defense and control skills, like they should be played, not white voodoo tanks with +12 weapons to compensate, dats easy mode and no indication of skill), BM (ulmos had gear for the time, im sorry, but gaara and jason had mediocre gear and were crazy skilled - which was your criteria for proski after all, so I give the nod to them over ulmos)

And your missing archer - but really, archers tough for me to judge. In TW, I know Agent is as slippery as a greased pig, and all the old narla archers deserve an honorable mention at least. As does Soochi. I am sorry, but Soochi has been doing more with less in a field of r8+10 nirvana vit stone sharded archers for the whole of our server. I'd love to see what Soochi could do with R9 jades, etc. Not saying Soochi would be good, or bad, just saying I'd like to see it.

Cursed . . . . still the wiz ive pvped with/against more than any other wiz on server.

Dats because you were a fraidy cat till you out geared 90% of the server. I lived in west the first year of the server - sorry, but you and your faction weren't there. And you didn't tw either - your ego couldn't take a loss to Narla. The fact that the wiz you've pvp WITH/AGAINST more than any other was cursed proves it. You only pk'd really with crazy gear, and your view of best bm (sk) and wizard (cursed) when you only pk'd "with/against" them once they had epic gear, in my opinion, completely disqualifies you for giving an opinion on this topic. Of course, your welcome to have one. Opinions are like arseholes, right? Everyone's got one.

Like fatalis and how many other factions long gone, Immunity has been no better - you just happened to be more stubborn than those others.

Funny, you like to think Immunity some kind of legacy faction on our server, but honestly, lets look at its legacy. When it comes to TW? Treason and BOAD got you beat in this server's history books cuz they actually DID something - and didn't need to wait till they had R9 barbs to do it.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    yikes, i'll try to shed some contextual accuracy so nobody will infer something absurd from this like that a player's apoth and genie usage deserve more credit for surviving in today's PvP than the 24 jades in their full rank9.

OMG, that was a well crafted, intelligent statement, that is correct in fact. And a subtle (perhaps too subtle for many of the mouth breathers on this server to even note) slam against Rion. BRAVO!!! I didn't know you had it in ya, kid.
    it's a lot easier to judge how those people were when they fought before they got their rank9. yes, that sucks, because people do get better, but that's the reality of it.

Agreed! The real test should be who is better with tt90 +5, immac shards and a +10 weapon (if you must, but I'd be willing to go back down to my +6 sensoid b:quiet), mold ornaments, etc. I won't mention names since thats not my style, but I'd like to see some of those people with r9 now pvp with the gear they bypassed shooting fc heads for the last 3 months, lol
    someone like cursed is somewhat of an exception to the rule because he re-rolled into a wizard with rank9 waiting for him, and so he had to learn the class for a while. however, even with full r9, but without jades and a minimum +5 weapon, he was above average at best. that's a real wizards break down, slap me or tivas in that gear and you would see the difference between legitimate kiting, positioning, baiting, timing, and calculated risks in large scale pk wars versus someone that has come to rely on their gear and not have had any where near close to the same experience with bad gear against better geared players.

Somewhat this. I like Jason though, and he's a little better than average (whether that says more for him or less for the "average" wiz on our server, ill let the reader decide), but one thing that is without doubt and can't be argued by even the most stubborn hater: Cursed will never have the challenge of fighting someone that outgears him. And really, isn't that one of the biggest hallmarks of "skill", if that even exists in this game anymore?

Like to Grandpa BLOODMYSTIC's life lesson #4 - 9-Ball [insert link here][i know ill find that link around here somewhere . . . . ]
    dreamery who, while he maybe by definition had "better" gear, also pked a lot before having said gear, and the point is how much better was it versus the gaps created in todays gear?

Shhhhhh, proski!!!! You shall NOT say the name of the sin who shall not be named!!!! Don't you know? Its been decided by all the sins on the server (many of whom didn't start this server till dream quit it) that Dream was only good because of better gear. They are ALL better than him in their rank 8 and rank 9 gear, etc.

And don't tell them how he would pk without stealthing. Dat gets em really mad. b:bye
    Psychics:
    MisaMisa

Misamisa vs molovo - i dunno, but I couldn't argue with giving the edge ot misa
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    TLDR

b:chuckle

but seriously . . . .

Hmmm, he getting R9 though now - all the old distinctions will be blurred.

it is gonna be ugly though. Now if we can just kill off a rich aunt of Clac's and get him R9 too . . . .

I agree. The gear difference will still be there, though, cuz they'll just have weapon.

As for your picks generally

I only find fault with Barb (I would pick BadBoy over Rion for pk anyday), psychic (molovo - one of the few psychics that used voodoo correctly - and ***** without rank gear even, played psychic like a wiz with ultimate defense and control skills, like they should be played, not white voodoo tanks with +12 weapons to compensate, dats easy mode and no indication of skill), BM (ulmos had gear for the time, im sorry, but gaara and jason had mediocre gear and were crazy skilled - which was your criteria for proski after all, so I give the nod to them over ulmos)

And your missing archer - but really, archers tough for me to judge. In TW, I know Agent is as slippery as a greased pig, and all the old narla archers deserve an honorable mention at least. As does Soochi. I am sorry, but Soochi has been doing more with less in a field of r8+10 nirvana vit stone sharded archers for the whole of our server. I'd love to see what Soochi could do with R9 jades, etc. Not saying Soochi would be good, or bad, just saying I'd like to see it.

I was talking more of a PK squad, not TW. Sure, soochi is decent at TW, but all archers can be great. When it comes down to PK, Soochi blows. He/She/It will only rush out to west gate with 3 sparks, try to land a grudge kill, and run straight back to SZ and not come out again for days. Soochi is definitely not in the list for top skilled archers. As for missing an archer, i missed it on purpose. I would not put one in, maybe you didn't read my whole post, but I put my reason behind everything I did.
    As I said: not many people have seen Orin, but those that have, realize this kid knows the class better than anybody else. My pick stays with him. Gaaraa and Jason had good gear as well. They were tankier than ULMOS because they were also pure vit build. That's the reason they stayed alive; problem is they could hardly ever land a kill, whereas ULMOS was on top of the PK list forever.

I'd like to see your list and your reasoning please, instead of why everybody else's is flawed according to your opinion.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    great point about jason zhadi, I only recall him when he was in darkside, which means after narla blew up. which meant he was lvl 100 and with tt99 and lunar claws. not overpowered by any stretch, but didn't do anything above average either, iirc. i wouldn't necessarily say he wasn't as effective as ulmos solely because ulmos could kill whereas he couldn't, but for anyone with a keen eye for this kind of stuff, you can clearly tell the difference in a finesse player such as ulmos and how meticulous they are as far as their general mobility is concerned over someone like jason who.. while he maybe had the the occult into stun rotation down, and defenses to live in his many 1v1s at west, didn't have the complete package. ULMOS was also an open field, large-scale pk player. bm's are awesome in 1v1s, but it requires more of you to do well in a 10v10, especially when you are a sought after target like ulmos was (exceptional marrow timing, leaping both ways, re-demon buffing yourself for the extra pdef modifier as needed without losing your advantage, etc. etc.). let me say this though, i definitely think cursed is a good overall player, like top 5% on archosaur (that figure might speak less given how bad archo actuallyis, but I mean it in a more favorable way to him), but as most of us agree.. there truly is something to be said for real tests of skill, and just doing good, maybe even "great," but always with the advantage, or even... never overcoming a disadvantage.

as far as soochi goes, i'd put her/him somewhere between the both of your guys assessment, not awful.. but not great. i just don't think she ever had the defenses to stand out there and prove shes more than what you said. she is definitely not as good of an archer as tivas was a wizard, but they played similar. he may have died less (expected, as he out-geared his competition during his time), and also may have even killed a fair bit more (great wep), but again they are comparable. thing is tivas would practically disappear with demon blink, but while still being at west, where soochi may just go to sz. either way you could argue they both kited too much for their own good

as far as psychics and orintaz, i have no idea, never pk's. if people really did duel him frequently to know he was good before he had some solid gear like he does now, I would've expected to hear about him more often, not that I know everything that goes on in archosaur, or much less have to try to know everything, but when you literally hear nothing of the guy in regards to his capabilities, its somewhat shaky in my opinion. spyke and misa though? and pluto? they were all prime examples at one point of proving their worth before getting the gear, and regularly enough for everyone to attest to. molovo? to me he can't come into the discussion, he was somewhat of a tivas as well. heck, kinda like me too. but few people will remember that I actually stood out there for a loong time, but when I was only disadvantaged to a certain % that allowed me to. molovo, being a psychic, even with dots, still should have been able to do the same thing besides just play the way he did, or the way im forced to now.

and uhm blood, when people continue to kill me as they always have, is it going to be "I just killed a rank9 wizard" despite the fact that it begs the question about my defense despite only having the weapon, or will people be able to realize the topic is either exclusively oh a r9 wiz killed me (fair enough), or lol I killed a 4k hp molder armor wearing wizard (expected) b:chuckle

if you're lazy on this game like me, I recommend the complete **** armor but amazing weapon build, don't have to try hard to keep up your appearance when you're supposed to die, and you can just dougie people in the process on the way down. gotta love it ;p
  • Orintaz - Archosaur
    Orintaz - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    my +5 r8 with immacs is so solid! >: o
    Edit: its more like hardcore! >:D
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    then i was mistaken or he pked you before what I think I saw recently, which was a couple of highly refined items with a fair bit of g11 shards and a r9 wep. either way, whatevs b:kiss
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Dats because you were a fraidy cat till you out geared 90% of the server.

It amuses me how little you payed attention to me blood lol, some examples, I recall of being the opposite of a "fraidy cat" who apparently waited until he outgeared half the server:

Moved from rt where id never pked before.
    level 30 hit pk mode, 10hour sl (pro right?) getting farmed by a 7X beeh.
    level 45+, practicing pk with fatalfate, piikachu when they were 60-70+, getting farmed at south gate, learning to play barb.
    level 80 pk Immunity vs Imperial, level 7X shrimp, deadbybeauty, taking 3 on at a time, Narla shows up, start getting farmed by dreamery lvl 101, mininote lvl99 + kaiserneko lvl93 combo at great lake, and a few random psys, nieli or something, cant remember, the first of many encounters with them, and ulmos at west demon sparking on everyone he saw, level 100 5aps, badly outgeared me, kept trying, had to flee, couldnt break his 13.5k hp.
    Fighting engel and bubuu at west repeatedly.
    Dragon Temple, kazamir Merleah and mexy all attempt to kill me, escape with the skin of my teeth, next week see merleah solo bigfluffy.
    squad with mexy to wipe dreamerys squad, become friends with dream, go dragon temple with him and pink every week to pvp and farm dragonchild necklaces.
    Early level 90s, constantly trying over and over again to kill ArchCaoCao, without a charm, me: 3 lucky kills, caocao 45million (lol) taught me all about soulburn. *sigh*
    Many Many encounters with proc's veno, his nix is a beast, I do little damage to him, learned TE and killed him, INSANE! wow, great veno, still the best in my head.
    First encounter with YellowLight, fight him for 2-3 mins, (the first of so many tries) with his nearly full +10 dot, but still using tt90 green chest. see he has over 108 dex, decide to stat to 120 dex with gear for accuracy and crit rather than typical vit barbs.
    Get hit for 7k crit, and die, tried my best, pan gu +4 vs HH+10 no chance.
    Getting better at pk all the time.
    chasing bloodmystic away in the air after a bids attempt failed, with his +10 g12 sword with icebournes, getting killed anyways, unable to penetrate his 7k+ hp, and very nicely sharded level 88+ gear.
    Later level 90s, me the only Immunity and Bustaneck the only Impulse player showup for the Narla vs Elusive ToA Pk that happened a few times,
    get attacked by both sides constantly, Molovo especially developped a distaste for me, getting a bit hate-rage in pms, tried to attack me everytime I exited safe zone, lol! Was fun beastial onslaughting that squishy psy with my pan gu +4. I recall EVEN Panzzer actually pked trying at those shockingly enough, opposed to her docile nature as we are used to, her massive r8 24k hp was so hard for the elusives to take down back then.
    1v1s with misaxxxmisa.
    1v1s proski, fairly even (was around the time we were fcing together still)
    level 100+ fighting constantly with zhadi, all the time, getting ***** by him, and ganked by elusive squads over and over, nolyf, dnem, etc would always come out in groups to try and take me down, usually would be squads of 6-7 people at a time, and still be able to take a few of them out.
    Everyone remembers how elusive used to gank individuals hardcore, and proski used to watch whem from his little pandabarb when he was banned.
    TT90 green was op huh?
    proness (dream's wiz + ara) vs me and ramrod at toa.
    Get tt100 axe +5, 3rd one on server behind aerosmith and ortizsmash, oh snap im op now? finnally able to kill zhadi, +10 r8.
    1v1 jason bm.
    1v1 kiaxn bm fairly even.
    farm nirvana, uncannys get chest/legs.
    +8 tt100 axe.
    1-2months later first rank sale. Refuse to buy r8 buttplug rattle, sticks to weapon with equivelant r8 +1 damage.
    Already top pvp barb rated by many people.
    me and ramrod try fighting lusin, full r9 +10 josd/garnets, fml he was hard to kill with our gears.
    new sin pops up, met, +10 r8, hard to kill, not a bad player stealths a lot.
    1v1 auth r8 +6 wiz, get beat 60% of the time.
    Faction PK every week.
    +10 2 pieces of nirvana, arma now does enough damage to kill auth, restat to dex barb for farming, crit, accuracy, tt100 fists
    r9 sins appear all over, fking hard to kill, barely win 20% of the time vs them, so much damage.
    agent gives me his 92 lp genie.
    met r9 +12 daggs fml cant tank it, met dosent need to stealth anymore, but he only 1v1s for the most part, cant fight r9 sins in human form, stick to tiger only for pk, unless have antistun on.
    get expel specifically for r9 +12 4.0 shrimp, whos been farming every pker since he got r9, saves my life a million times. <3 u taters.
    1v1 cursed +5 r9 many many many times on my bm and barb 50:50.
    1v3 barbs, coolrebirth, wholepint, mrpandaking, use axe, lose, use fists (lol) win, win /proud moment.
    months later I get r9 weapon, in around may 2011, use it mostly to take a beating to R9 sins, finnally can stand a chance vs sins like met cos they need to backoff rather than able to tank my (by now) pathetic tt100 damage.
    Watch other barbs try and fight r9 sins like met, most get wiped out trying to fight them in human cos were as squishy as wizzies in human form, just a bit more hp.
    sin hunting with cursed and sk.
    start sitting at west just to watch, buff and sometimes group pk.
    level 105: watch people whove never pked before +10-+12 r9 like teddy_tiger and dai_viper, appear in groups, farming people yet have been on server as long as I.
    yesterday: get pked by mexy and ace, +12 full r9s while checking forums smacking an npc for chi.
    Get bored with pk...

...wait I dont recall you being there, I guess you waz scurrdy catz?

er gotta apologise, this post is way way way longer than id intended, and im half asleep.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Prothoe - Archosaur
    Prothoe - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    1. Pannzer - wb
    2. Qlngfu - ep
    3. ArchCaoCao/Mexy/Pluto - psy
    4. Dreamery - sin
    5. ULMOS - bm (Im not sure about that :D)
    6. Proclivity - wf (not sure too ;<)
  • MisaxXxMisa - Archosaur
    MisaxXxMisa - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    BM: Jason/Gaara - two most skilled bms i've ever faced ever
    Cleric: NoLyf/Qingfu - they're better than most clerics on the server (well when i was active)
    Psy: Engel/Pluto - If given r9 +12 w/ jades they'd be unstoppable...oh btw i've never seen Orintaz pk but he's pretty damn good
    Wiz: Proski/Blood/Clac - Proski is the most skilled wiz i've ever faced, blood was great too, but clac knows how to pk, if he had r9 +12 w/ jades damn he'd be scary
    Barb: YellowLight/Rion - Has anyone forgotten how Yellow hit like a truck when he did pk? and yea rion is good too
    Archer: Potato/Zhadi - 2 bests archers of all time 'nuff said
    Veno: Proc - he and his damn nix is all i can say
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    BM: Jason/Gaara - two most skilled bms i've ever faced ever
    Cleric: NoLyf/Qingfu - they're better than most clerics on the server (well when i was active)
    Psy: Engel/Pluto - If given r9 +12 w/ jades they'd be unstoppable...oh btw i've never seen Orintaz pk but he's pretty damn good
    Wiz: Proski/Blood/Clac - Proski is the most skilled wiz i've ever faced, blood was great too, but clac knows how to pk, if he had r9 +12 w/ jades damn he'd be scary
    Barb: YellowLight/Rion - Has anyone forgotten how Yellow hit like a truck when he did pk? and yea rion is good too
    Archer: Potato/Zhadi - 2 bests archers of all time 'nuff said
    Veno: Proc - he and his damn nix is all i can say

Dream Team hun, not best of list :P
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Why would anybody put Pannzer up here when she was all gear? >.>

Also, putting Mexy up here... the guy never PKd until he had full r9 +12, and even when he does, he only PKs with his full crew or he waits till IGs are off cooldown. Hell, he went out there the other day, his posse got owned... and what they did was so sad: His guild was multi clienting redline(veno) JUST to buff them before they went back outside of sz....... think about it. *facepalm*
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    ULMOS - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Although my name has come up here and there I can only speak from the time period in which I pk'd, which was, pre Rank 8-9 sale. This is also pre-Genesis (lol). Personally, I can't speak on anything regarding pk which includes Genesis and Rank 8-9. Have you seen 'The Last Samurai', well, I like to think that I was one of 'The Last BMs', before they became obsolete.

I came to Archosaur after Sanctuary / Harshlands and Dreamweaver. I was influenced to make a BM by rihano, Rome, Sharpie and, believe it or not, Peenie. I intended to make a beastly *** BM, and I can honestly say I achieved that. All the BMs that have been posted on this thread, or any other 'best of thread' on this server had come to me countless times for BM advice. SK, Jason, Gaara. Were all BMs that outgeared me close to the time I was about to leave, and I could still kill them 1v1. I was the constant priority target in TWs. In a TW against Proc he would say, "my main job is to keep you away from the cata teams".

I can honestly say that I believe I am one of the few people who got the most out of this server. I took on PK fights I couldn't win, I started group PK throughout the server, and I am remebered for it by everyone left who is anyone left who was anyone ever.

My dream team only takes into consideration the PK time period in which I pk'd, which, I must say, at least from the youtube TWs I watch and the minimal PK at West Gate currently, was simply, more exciting and challenging than PK is now.

Assassin: Dream
    Cleric: leaz
    Wizard: Proski / ArchCaoCao
    Veno: Proc
    BM: Myself
    Archer: Zhadi / Agent

Against that team Barbs would be useless. For that team, Barbs would be useless. But if I had to choose a Barb to PK, it would of been BadBoy, YellowLight was admittedly terribad when he pk'd against me, and quite honestly, there was no fearsome Barbs when I pk'd. They were just buff machines and meat bags with four legs. Arma against Demon Bell / Phys Marrow is laughable and Barbs were more defensive runners than mobile attackers.

Ofcourse, the strategy with which PK was conducted before has drastically changed. But, in terms of who was the best, and who I worked best with, the afforementioned have deserved those spots in my mind.

Honestly, all the BMs were **** when I played and only tried to cling to my coat tails. Even before I left. Did that have to do with gear? ofcourse. Did that have to do with skill? Ofcourse. How do I know it had to do with skill? Because when the gear gap closed, I was still womping them down, and players of other classes who outgeared me.

2v1 in PK tournament, Agent / Psy versus me, was probably one of the most memorable PK moments I had on this server. Also, leading Impulse for their first draw against Narla (the first stop Narla encountered), and then helping Proski in Elusive to finally seal a victory against Narla or Nemesis, or something.
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    All the BMs that have been posted on this thread, or any other 'best of thread' on this server had come to me countless times for BM advice. SK, Jason, Gaara.

i will respectfully disagree here sir.... i have never, not once, asked you for BM advice. now i do agree that you are the best BM this server has seen. i'm just a bit disappointed that i didn't have the gear back then to compete like i do now. even now, if people consider me the best BM when SK is running around with full r9 +10 with full vit stones, where i have TT/lunar/nirvana gear then i'm happy with that.

edit: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1122731

oh and my dream team-
    BM: ULMOS
    wiz: Proski
    archer: zhadi
    cleric: aratainia
    sin: metridium
    barb: zaibeast

ran out of room but
    veno: abymoon in case someone is offline(lol)
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    I worded that improperly. I was referring to the BMs I had mentioned after, being, SK, Gaara, SK etc.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Although my name has come up here and there I can only speak from the time period in which I pk'd, which was, pre Rank 8-9 sale. This is also pre-Genesis (lol). Personally, I can't speak on anything regarding pk which includes Genesis and Rank 8-9. Have you seen 'The Last Samurai', well, I like to think that I was one of 'The Last BMs', before they became obsolete.

I came to Archosaur after Sanctuary / Harshlands and Dreamweaver. I was influenced to make a BM by rihano, Rome, Sharpie and, believe it or not, Peenie. I intended to make a beastly *** BM, and I can honestly say I achieved that. All the BMs that have been posted on this thread, or any other 'best of thread' on this server had come to me countless times for BM advice. SK, Jason, Gaara. Were all BMs that outgeared me close to the time I was about to leave, and I could still kill them 1v1. I was the constant priority target in TWs. In a TW against Proc he would say, "my main job is to keep you away from the cata teams".

I can honestly say that I believe I am one of the few people who got the most out of this server. I took on PK fights I couldn't win, I started group PK throughout the server, and I am remebered for it by everyone left who is anyone left who was anyone ever.

My dream team only takes into consideration the PK time period in which I pk'd, which, I must say, at least from the youtube TWs I watch and the minimal PK at West Gate currently, was simply, more exciting and challenging than PK is now.

Against that team Barbs would be useless. For that team, Barbs would be useless. But if I had to choose a Barb to PK, it would of been BadBoy, YellowLight was admittedly terribad when he pk'd against me, and quite honestly, there was no fearsome Barbs when I pk'd. They were just buff machines and meat bags with four legs. Arma against Demon Bell / Phys Marrow is laughable and Barbs were more defensive runners than mobile attackers.

Ofcourse, the strategy with which PK was conducted before has drastically changed. But, in terms of who was the best, and who I worked best with, the afforementioned have deserved those spots in my mind.

Honestly, all the BMs were **** when I played and only tried to cling to my coat tails. Even before I left. Did that have to do with gear? ofcourse. Did that have to do with skill? Ofcourse. How do I know it had to do with skill? Because when the gear gap closed, I was still womping them down, and players of other classes who outgeared me.

2v1 in PK tournament, Agent / Psy versus me, was probably one of the most memorable PK moments I had on this server. Also, leading Impulse for their first draw against Narla (the first stop Narla encountered), and then helping Proski in Elusive to finally seal a victory against Narla or Nemesis, or something.

they couldn't handle our shaq kobe combo

noteable mentions to barbs since they are an iffy topic: solid__ and bazarius

noteable pk moments and some stand out players: anglers village, nova, gayfish, illuminous, yoshi and a few others

hidden orchid: parrena khyrstalize titanticus kazamir fluffy

orchid temple: pinka and her crew / some late bloomers

-insert FC era here-

-insert the emergence of west gate pk here-

the second PK tourney at cromagnon village

-elusives pk on narla all over the map ranging from west to outside TT to wherever we could find them. to quote dreamery: "yo lets go raid their *****"
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Insert -Roloson era-

EDIT: Also insert -Puppygirl era-
  • Teddy_Tiger - Archosaur
    Teddy_Tiger - Archosaur Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Adapt to the time man, not everyone rank 9 is beast to be honest and some doesn't even know to play their classes. Another point is that stop viewing us barby as ****. You haven't seen real pk yet. Yet yourself coming to a small server and then spending load of cash then you dominate the lowbies in the beginning of the game and you think that is pro. Why don't you come back,and play again end game maybe you will discover something new.
    Leader/co-founder of TELETUBIE
    make many haters want to qqb:cry
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Insert -Roloson era-

EDIT: Also insert -Puppygirl era-

I hate you for quitting.
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Adapt to the time man, not everyone rank 9 is beast to be honest and some doesn't even know to play their classes. Another point is that stop viewing us barby as ****. You haven't seen real pk yet. Yet yourself coming to a small server and then spending load of cash then you dominate the lowbies in the beginning of the game and you think that is pro. Why don't you come back,and play again end game maybe you will discover something new.

In the words of Asher,"I can't be bothered" - to respond to this drivel, when a full and adequate response already exists in the form of the post which you have failed to respond to.
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    I hate you for quitting.

Insert -Zhadi's aqueergrace tome that was patched and renamed-

Insert -Zhadi's 3 eyed crossbow-

Insert -Zhadi's butterfly wings-

Insert -Zhadi's ***** into my ***-

I play League of Legends alot now though, add me: Schadenfreude
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Insert -Zhadi's aqueergrace tome that was patched and renamed-

Insert -Zhadi's 3 eyed crossbow-

Insert -Zhadi's butterfly wings-

Insert -Zhadi's ***** into my ***-

I play League of Legends alot now though, add me: Schadenfreude

lol. i just started playing LoL. I've played literally like... 6 games.. probably 5.
    Name is GeeksGoneWild XD Add me, I'll try to be on asap once I get my computer fixed.

As for Teddy... lol... coming from the person who didn't PK until he was rank 9 and is always accompanied by other rank 9's... you have no room to talk

Lol.
    edited September 2011
    Of course not , I wasn't pking here because I was pawning in Sanct. b:laugh
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Of course not , I wasn't pking here because I was pawning in Sanct. b:laugh

Wait..... did you seriously use that as an excuse?
    You can't PK on one server when you PK on another?
    o.O these excuses get lamer and lamer each time lol.
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I worded that improperly. I was referring to the BMs I had mentioned after, being, SK, Gaara, SK etc.

no dude you said "BMs that have been posted on this thread, or any other 'best of thread' " thats why i gave the link of the most recent 'best of thread'..... anyways no harm done and i knew what you meant ;)
    edited September 2011
    You sound like I'm trying to make an excuse for myself, when in fact I'm Herojet from Sanct. Most people from sanct would probably recognize me. b:laugh
  • jackiebui
    jackiebui Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I was the first person who got SoT in this server, and u bought it from me. You started pking ppl when u were 70 while others were 30-40... that was the begging of the game man. I dont know how long you have been playing pwi, but 1 thing u should know. you r not a pro, your build is facking fail, if u think you r a pro, u should know why i said so... now, if u want to see how a barb in pking, just come back, my friend "teddy_tiger = herojet" he always want to teach you a "lesson"...
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    I assume you're Dai_Viper, in which case... you were **** the entirety of your pwi career, at least on Archosaur.

I pk'd from 30 to 101.

There were alot of advantages to this:

First to open TT and run mats for easy millions early server.

First to take a pvp land.

First to open FC.

First to have demon spark.

First to have 5aps.

First to solo world bosses.

First on the PK boards for the greater portion of time that this server has existed.

That being said... who the fux are you? And really... who the fux is Teddy Tiger?

Yea, I bought my gear, but, I spent around 1,000-1,500 over 6-7 months. Whereas you spent around double even triple that, and have yet to make any sort of accomplishment worthy of recognition by anyone here on forums. Listen bro, if it hasn't been made clear to you, by almost anyone with sense beyond cents, R9 does not equal skill. R9 PK does not equal skill. R9 pk isn't fun. R9 pk... wtf is R9 pk?! There's no such thing.

And yea, I was level 70 on the second day of server. I opened FC within 2nd week. What were you doing that whole time? What have you ever done since?... my worst accomplishments on this server still topple and are spoken more about than anything you have ever done. lol. I think, you're really only ever known for being the person who traded me my SoT. Just like Roloson gave me my Lunars, and like Puppygirl gave me her Neck. So, at least, you can be known amongst them.

And if I wasn't pro... why is it that the majority of anyone on this server who has ever been considered pro, has recognized my skill? Dai... Die.
  • Dai_Viper - Archosaur
    Dai_Viper - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I assume you're Dai_Viper, in which case... you were **** the entirety of your pwi career, at least on Archosaur.

I pk'd at from 30 to 101.

There were alot of advantages to this:

First to open TT and run mats for easy millions early server.

First to take a pvp land.

First to open FC.

First to have demon spark.

First to have 5aps.

First to solo world bosses.

First on the PK boards for the greater portion of time that this server has existed.

That being said... who the fux are you? And really... who the fux is Teddy Tiger?

Yea, I bought my gear, but, I spent around 1,000-1,500 over 6-7 months. Whereas you spent around double even triple that, and have yet to make any sort of accomplishment worthy of recognition by anyone here on forums. Listen bro, if you hasn't been made clear to you, by almost anyone with sense beyond cents, R9 does not equal skill. R9 PK does not equal skill. R9 pk isn't fun. R9 pk... wtf is R9 pk?! There's no such thing.

yea, i got crapy gear. cuz i havent spent money on this game, not like u, spent 1k-1.5k to kill noobs and think that you r pro. now u come back i let u taste my shot
    Gear info: pwcalc.com/ca03cfa26484422eb:victory