Pwi facebook anniversary prize

Options
AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Tnxs Pwi for once again differentiating on where people are on the freaking globe.

Usa and canada get to win an awesomesauce keyboard.

No usa or canada resident? Mounts...

.. epic, woohoo.

/end sarcasm.

=.=
All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
"ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
Post edited by AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    id rather have the mount.
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    5 pounds post and packaging to europe would break their profit line.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I doubt that they do it deliberately. Sending things internationally isn't always as black and white as you would think.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I doubt that they do it deliberately. Sending things internationally isn't always as black and white as you would think.

For a ****ing keyboard it is.
  • Damonischer - Lost City
    Damonischer - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    id rather have the mount.

i agree rather have the flying mount than a keyboard... maybe thats just because i already have a keyboard though
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'd rather the mount as well. I already have a keyboard and take good care of it, so it's not like I really have any use for another one.
  • booker224
    booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    First of all, they can not ship the keyboard to any country outside of the USA and Canada, because of USA laws on exporting technology. So don't blame PWI, blame the USA government.

I find it so funny that so many are willing to advertise for PWI through this contest and get nothing in return.
  • XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver
    XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    what wont you people **** and moan about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I don't understand whats so hard for you to understand that i cant understand why you don't understand me.
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Options
    what wont you people **** and moan about?

This is PWI. That's standard for anything they do including the few times they do something right.
  • OBlackCat - Heavens Tear
    OBlackCat - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    already have logitech gaming keyboard (G19) and by "rare" mount its probably the shadow fox (which i also have xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    where is this info?
  • OBlackCat - Heavens Tear
    OBlackCat - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    where is this info?

PWI's facebook page
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    PWI's facebook page

i dont see anything on facebook ;x
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    good luck to all barbs in this contest
    i bet some1 outside usa/canada wins and they dont have to give the keyboard away
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    booker224 wrote: »
    First of all, they can not ship the keyboard to any country outside of the USA and Canada, because of USA laws on exporting technology. So don't blame PWI, blame the USA government.

I find it so funny that so many are willing to advertise for PWI through this contest and get nothing in return.

I WILL blame pwi, whether or not Logitech is sponsoring them with this keyboard is a completely different issue + logitech itself ships out of usa + canada as well. but as i said that's beside the point.

reason i AM blaming PW is that they try and get every continent + country involved in this game yet when there is actually something of value to get suddenly the rest of usa + canada does not get to partake? wtf? how fair -is- that really ?
    "come join a game where your living will matter a great deal in what you'll get or not"

Have you seen the complaining when they came out with the free zen offers? most if not all people from EU could not partisipate in those cause the sites offering them were not catering to eu countries.

either do something right or dont do it all.

dont pretend to include everyone yet give -some- people more over others.

I would LOVE a keyboard like that but what is the ffing point of even trying if by default i'm excluded from that because of where i live?
    For a ****ing keyboard it is.

^ he/she gets it.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
  • Alexea - Dreamweaver
    Alexea - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I WILL blame pwi, whether or not Logitech is sponsoring them with this keyboard is a completely different issue + logitech itself ships out of usa + canada as well. but as i said that's beside the point.

reason i AM blaming PW is that they try and get every continent + country involved in this game yet when there is actually something of value to get suddenly the rest of usa + canada does not get to partake? wtf? how fair -is- that really ?
    "come join a game where your living will matter a great deal in what you'll get or not"

Have you seen the complaining when they came out with the free zen offers? most if not all people from EU could not partisipate in those cause the sites offering them were not catering to eu countries.

either do something right or dont do it all.

dont pretend to include everyone yet give -some- people more over others.

I would LOVE a keyboard like that but what is the ffing point of even trying if by default i'm excluded from that because of where i live?

^ he/she gets it.

Uh...ok..it's time for you to wake up and smell the coffee, peaches. Things will not always work out wonderful for everyone. There are actual wars going on and people dying for each others countries, but I guess this keyboard makes it ALL ok then, right? No...get over it. you probably wouldn't win anyway. Don't flame about something so small when there is alot more going on around you than just this game. It's impossible for everyone to get an equal share in everything.
    For example, Japan usually gets to play games before everyone else...why? Because the people who made the game are IN JAPAN. Is it fair? Not really but it's how things are in this world. Welcome to reality...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Uh...ok..it's time for you to wake up and smell the coffee, peaches. Things will not always work out wonderful for everyone. There are actual wars going on and people dying for each others countries, but I guess this keyboard makes it ALL ok then, right? No...get over it. you probably wouldn't win anyway. Don't flame about something so small when there is alot more going on around you than just this game. It's impossible for everyone to get an equal share in everything.
    For example, Japan usually gets to play games before everyone else...why? Because the people who made the game are IN JAPAN. Is it fair? Not really but it's how things are in this world. Welcome to reality...

I seriously fail to see where the comparison keyboard Vs. war and people dieing comes into all of this.

Second, I aint peaches. Mmmkaay schnoockems ?

third, ever heard of spacing your sentences when you -try- and fail to make a somewhat intelligent I-iz-smarterz-than-yuuz post?

You obviously have not been around long enough to realize Pwi does this sort of thing nearly monthly and it was only a question on WHO was gonna ***** at WHAT this week.
    And games that release in Japan eventually make it overseas if there's a high enough demand for it.
    there's a high enough demand for years for equal treatment within this game and it is so far hardly ever given.

wanna try again?

b:bye

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Huh? b:question
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yummy, peaches, they are way better then roses since you can eat them after you smell them!

...*slinks out of post quietly*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

I don't think that's quite it..

in truth I believe it has more to do with keyboard layout. it's a US keyboard, it cannot effectively be used outside of the US.

I tech support friends from all over the globs. GB-EN boards are different from us ones, as are different from US international ones as are different from french ones etc..

They're providing one style of keyboard, that's why
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This topic really illustrate the mentallity of some of the PWI playerbase.
    I get why you are asking, but how you go about it makes you sound like spoiled little brat.

Sometimes there are laws that prohibit this kind of thing. I know because there have been contests for PWI among other things that I have tried to partake in, that have excluded Canada. Why? Because our laws on contests/lotteries differ from that of the USA and it could not be done.
    So rather than **** and moan about PWI, maybe you could ask the question like a civil person. Because maybe its YOUR country thats stopping this from happening. Maybe its USA law. Maybe it is PWI. Maybe its Logitech. It could be any number of things as others have suggested here. The truth is, we don't know.
    So without knowing ANYTHING about it, you automatically attack PWI and demand answers, then wonder why there's no reply here.
    Perhaps if you asked the question in a civil and calm manner, or submitted a private ticket/email asking why, then maybe you'd get an answer.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

i'm pretty sure that's not actually how those laws work, but whatever.

agreed. i'd not put a game avatar as the profile pic on my game character's fake facebook, never even mind any real facebook if i had one.

(now if it was one of those unicomp model-m retreads, that'd be another matter...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't think that's quite it..

in truth I believe it has more to do with keyboard layout. it's a US keyboard, it cannot effectively be used outside of the US.

I tech support friends from all over the globs. GB-EN boards are different from us ones, as are different from US international ones as are different from french ones etc..

They're providing one style of keyboard, that's why

This ^ is partially the reason for my post. One style One way, or the highway. that's... ugh.

This topic really illustrate the mentallity of some of the PWI playerbase.

"A lecture my mom could give me"

I am a civil person, i have often enough defended pwi towards ******** posts like this like you are now. I sometimes still do.

I -have- thought about different options and y'know what? this facebook thing is lame.

why?

Logitech caters to alot of countries, EVEN outside usa and canada. there are several types of that keyboard for different layouts so that even excludes the possability of the prior quoted poster.

No delivery out of usa/canada? Bulllcrap too cause logitech's site ships nearly everywhere.

could they have offered a fair chance to everyone? yes.

Why are they not? I dont know and at this point just like nearly everything that actually deserves an answer it will more than likely never happen.
    (and my crappy mood atm is saying: God forbid they'd actually spend some money. but i'm trying to stay nice)

And ... ticket? ... *keels over in laughter* .....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]