What's it's like to play online games as a grownup.

Options
Atone - Lost City
Atone - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Post edited by Atone - Lost City on

Comments

• ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Best thing about this comic is that half the PKers in Enrage are exactly like thatb:laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lmao b:laugh
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    they dont tell you about the "honey, the baby is screaming, can you take him for a walk, i dont care about your ******n territory war"
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Conalll - Archosaur
    Conalll - Archosaur Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hey, what's wrong with Mountain dew?

Still, I love it. Life dose get in the way sometimes.
    "Impatience walks with disaster." My own phrase.

"Let the winds of winter come. I fear not famine, nor blizzard, nor an army of predators. For I am wolf. My power is matched by the many that stand beside me. Come what may. I have faced it before, and it has yet to touch me." *The Alpha's Warning*
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hahahaha....I love it!

Try leading 100-125 of them, with the rest of the 50-75 as adults who act like little teenagers in an online game.

I don't know what I was thinking. And still to this day, they QQ about how I left them with a fruit because I had to move across several states and get re-situated in life.

*sigh*

Finding an all adult faction is next to impossible though :-/
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    what an idiot he really left a game for his fat cow wife... b:chuckle
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

nope, not even hard. b:victory we don't do TW or really any PvP, though, so that might be a dealbreaker for you.

and yeah, i can identify with that comic strip so very easily... been there, done that, need to whip up the t-shirt to sell on cafepress, bet i could make a profit...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Having played on Arch for a couple months myself, I'd have to agree... on that server. <_>

But anyway. Nice link OP. Though in our game the lines used by the kiddie hoard would probably have been more like... "no, srsly guys, I totally have a job and a girlfriend and a car and a life and a six figure salary, im only kickin ur *** cause im BORED LOLOLOL. [insert chuck norris joke here]"

Funny thing about kids online, y'know... they lie. A lot. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Shinsetsu - Lothranis
    Shinsetsu - Lothranis Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    *dies from laughter and then revived*
    Im faving that lol

@Kehrendorh I feel your pain fellow gamer
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsetsu.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    THANKS DORSET!
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Shinsetsu - lothranis (FR Main)
    ShinSein - Harshland (Alt/Main)
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That is exactly why I try to keep my faction 18+. I'm aware that some people under 18 can be more mature than people over 18 and that a lot of the adults in this game act like cracked out tantrum throwing three year olds on a sugar crash but, what can you do. I'm starting to think I should put a psychological exam on my faction application. >_>
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    OMG Hahahahaha!!

Woooooow love it.

Makes me glad that I quit the game lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That cartoonist must play on the RT server lol.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That cartoonist must play on the RT server lol.

i suspect all servers are the same
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Scathed - Harshlands
    Scathed - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    they dont tell you about the "honey, the baby is screaming, can you take him for a walk, i dont care about your ******n territory war"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

OMG I'm still laughing! b:chuckle I can't count how many times someone got mad because I said "no sorry can't help with your FB I gotta go feed my kids".
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That's how people that thought they knew everything in the game felt after i told them i was right. They felt to rage to do anything they could.

OMFG THERE ARE LVL 150s AS THE HIGHEST LEVEL ILL LINK A WEAPON
    OMFG YOU CANT HEAL IN A DUEL!!!!! CLERICS AND MYSTICS CANT USE 1/2 THEIR SKILLS CUZ THEY OP
    OMFG CLERIC WHY DIDNT YOU HEAL ME HE HIT ME FOR 4000, -looks at 3.9k hp-
    COME OUT AN PK ON THIS SERVER, we dont have to, RAGEEEE

Yeah it starts with things like that.

and then... a rich kid gets telecoustics b:chuckle
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    what an idiot he really left a game for his fat cow wife... b:chuckle

You Sir, are the idiot. Fat cow wife? Here we go again............no you go by yourself because I bet that is what you are setting yourself up for.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nice one. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This comic is too true... some players, think saying Hello ~ to them is foreplay....
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That was so funny b:laugh
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
    edited August 2011
    Options
    and then... a rich kid gets telecoustics b:chuckle

and then, i go into faction chat b:chuckle
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That's kinda unfair, there are tons of nerdy single guys who are technically "grown-ups" that play this game, and act the same as the "younger" players ~__~
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That's kinda unfair, there are tons of nerdy single guys who are technically "grown-ups" that play this game, and act the same as the "younger" players ~__~

Your not grown up unless you can act and look the part. It takes a multitasker, which when the 2nd task those nerds think is increasing the e-peen.... they don't reach that level of maturity :p
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That is exactly why I try to keep my faction 18+. I'm aware that some people under 18 can be more mature than people over 18 and that a lot of the adults in this game act like cracked out tantrum throwing three year olds on a sugar crash but, what can you do. I'm starting to think I should put a psychological exam on my faction application. >_>

25+ is better, in my opinion. That gives them 4 years to get used to being able to drink legally and learn how to do it without making complete fools of themselves in vent/faction chat. Granted, many will never learn, but at least they had the opportunity.

I've had too many things ruined by the "OMG I'm sooooo wasted hehehehe omg I have no idea what's going on I'm so wasted omg I can't believe I screwed up that pull that I've done a billion times it's just because i'm sooooo wasted lawlz."

It's also good fun to get ordered around by some kid on a power trip when I'm old enough to be his mother. b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Best thing about this comic is that half the PKers in Enrage are exactly like thatb:laugh.

The no-life teenagers or the adults that actually have lives outside of a video game?

But seriously, half of the PK'ers on HT are like that, it's not just an Enrage thing. Try getting your head out of your *** long enough to realize that.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol mountain dew works?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    (reads comic)

This is seriously the sad truth......

Which of course is why I prefer adult non-TW factions, I tend to get too much raging and begging from anyone under age 17 mostly.

However out of factions, since I stay out of PK zones, I see most of this in lv80+ FC squads.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The no-life teenagers or the adults that actually have lives outside of a video game?

But seriously, half of the PK'ers on HT are like that, it's not just an Enrage thing. Try getting your head out of your *** long enough to realize that.

Best part of what you said is that you assume I don't realize thatb:laugh.But hey I was specifically talking about Enrage not all of HT in general. Try getting your head out of your *** long enough to realize that if you want to sound intelligent at least attack what the person said rather than bringing up some random assumption you came up with b:bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Having played on Arch for a couple months myself, I'd have to agree... on that server. <_>

But anyway. Nice link OP. Though in our game the lines used by the kiddie hoard would probably have been more like... "no, srsly guys, I totally have a job and a girlfriend and a car and a life and a six figure salary, im only kickin ur *** cause im BORED LOLOLOL. [insert chuck norris joke here]"

Funny thing about kids online, y'know... they lie. A lot. >_>

So much true. b:victory
    Well i am not that much old yet... (to be called old man) but i agree with this thread. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    as a grown up, i find it harder to get motivated to play any pwe game.
    o well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Love the comic. Best part for me, though, is having someone ingame flirt with you, which I avoid like the plague and block/nip in the bud, and then breaking it to them that I might in fact be old enough to be their mother. After which, of course, I'm either told to GTFO because no adult should play this game, or a "lolz u just say that to get rid of me :D", in which case I just blacklist and move on.