IS farming dead?

endlesspsy
endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
I think farming is dead because not many people buy FC and alot of people are farming FC so the price went down ALOT. And the Goonz glitch can make you level 100 in about 5 days. So people dont even buy FC now.

And nirvana is way too expensive compared to a stronger rank 8. And if people plan to get g15 they would just cashshop to get rank 9 + the rank 9 ring is alot of attack power.

I think there is nothing to farm anymore. This game forced everyone to cashshop their rank 8,rank 9 because those are the best and cheapest endgame gears compared to nirvana because who would farm a more expensive weaker nirvana weapons.

And TT , meh i dont know havent farmed TT in 1 years+. People only need the tt99 leg and arms and some necklace and belt. But thats not alot of money.

And we dont have any 2x drops/exp anymore until the goonz glitch is fixed.
Post edited by endlesspsy on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Um... there's practically nothing to farm in FC, it long ago got changed from a farming instance to an experience one. And not everyone cash shops (especially on PVE servers) so yes, farming TT and Nirvana still goes on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'd love to farm in TT still. Just hard to find people willing to do it. It's kind of sad, but I guess lots of people do not want to spend that time farming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    me and my girlfriend still farm TT and i farm all the gear i get unless of course i find it in the AH then i just farm the coin
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    We farm pretty much everything, with a very small amount of merch.

OP smoking some dope yo.
  • Juriana - Heavens Tear
    Juriana - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Are you kidding about not farming Nirvana? Tell me where else I can get -chan/int on pants. Tell me where~

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Are you kidding about not farming Nirvana? Tell me where else I can get -chan/int on pants. Tell me where~

-int/channel pants coming soon to a boutique near you! Grade 16! Always 3-4 sockets! -.1 interval!!! GET 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT!
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2011

archer's R9 pants have -int on them :o
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    farming is down, but not dead. certain farming activities are dead for sure but , newsflash, there are lots of things to farm.
    for those who still farm, there are new opportunities. not all are in TT.
    ** no, i'm not blabbing a word about the details either[evil laugh face thing goes here]

op listed only farming certain instances.
    Personally, i never really did see the point in farming any TT actually. It is just levelling junk to make you waste time and money, and not that good of junk either. there are a FEW KEY TT ITEMS to be sure..but the bulk is junk. and we all understand what FC really is now...so unless you are farming exp, fc isnt part of the equation.

Speaking of FC and farming....i'm still royally ticked about the gold FC items that the mats no longer drop from the boss, yet the forge and all indications it's doable still exist. ..some day , when i'm PO'd at PWi, i'll post the response to my ticket after i decomposed some green boots. total fail heh, but in hindsight, pretty funny

farming rep is dead. cant argue with that. but still im amazed at the random w/e 1k rep you get from doing like 20levels worth of quests and help a bunch of FB's. amazed that that is such a trivial drop in the bucket for all that work lol. hellz yeah, i'll buy all rep from about L40 on up.

you have to roll with flow heh :) survival=stay light on your feet because it is always changing. there's the real game within the game :)
  • ChidoriAkuma - Heavens Tear
    ChidoriAkuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'd love to farm in TT still. Just hard to find people willing to do it. It's kind of sad, but I guess lots of people do not want to spend that time farming.

well, some people do like to farm instances, but most of the time you hear in WC ppl asking for people just to open, not forming squads
  • Taarna - Harshlands
    Taarna - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    yes theres not much to farm, gettin to point where is nuttin do, but ye people still farm tt to sell the mats, but i think he was saying, theres nuttin to farm to use, cause been plently of time to aquire the best gears already, and game aint the same as when got 1st tt90 full set and was pro lol
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I farm a lot every day from a few runs to several hours.
    Farming is not dead, however, sales have slowed down on several TT levels. 2-3 being the prime example at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i make 8m for every tm abba runs and it takes like 15min
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    endlesspsy wrote: »
    I think farming is dead because not many people buy FC and alot of people are farming FC so the price went down ALOT. And the Goonz glitch can make you level 100 in about 5 days. So people dont even buy FC now.

Honestly power leveling to 105 servers no purpose except to rush to total boredom.

I do farm on my mains and alts:

1 - Plants for potions for alts / Mines for wine (resale) / Mines for molders (resale)

2 - Molders (for crafting > selling)

3 - Farm for Shards in FC > to put in items I craft > to boost price a tiny bit

4 - Farm for Mirages in TT > to put in items I craft > to boost price a tiny bit

5 - Farm for mats that help my smaller alts craft and sell w/o my mains name on them

6 - Farm Solo lunar for items to combine into the higher level mat (for resale)

7 - Farm for DQ using lower alts > vend

8 - Farm mines > to make Subs > to run Solo TT > to sell generic mats/dq

9 - Farm 1st/2nd Map using quests to help me get items to convert to genie fuel crystals (for resale)

10 - Farm FC for Green/Gold drops from bosses (green drops can be converted to exp scrolls for resale).

11 - Farm FBs for Purple 3 Stars / Molders > for resale

12 - Farm FB89 for books (using Sin).

etc ... etc...

I love the farming on the map because of the environment and people I run into. If people would stop rushing to level, and took the time to play the game w/o hypering nonstop, they would find it rather nice.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I still farm too.

I sometimes just go for a walk in Hell, kill mobs, pick herbs/mats.

Then when back in 1k, I sell herbs to catshops and check AH for cheap molds , make them to raise crafting , then sell.

Doesn't make me millions for sure, but it's somethign to do :)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Farming in groups is pretty much dead. I long ago gave up the idea of getting anyone to help farm gear with, I just grind coin to buy it off the OP who farm it alone or in their power groups.

Not that I even do that much now, I can only kill so many thousands of the same mob without burning out, im a fail merchant and herb farming makes me sick. b:surrender

DQ points are pretty much all I farm lol.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    I still farm too.

I sometimes just go for a walk in Hell, kill mobs, pick herbs/mats.

Then when back in 1k, I sell herbs to catshops and check AH for cheap molds , make them to raise crafting , then sell.

Doesn't make me millions for sure, but it's somethign to do :)

On our server - farming in Heaven/Hell can result in pk wars if you touch a plant someone else was rushing to. No kidding. Once I raced a girl to a mine, she got off her mount, pked me - I rezed, pked her as she was digging and ... well it was really funny after the fact and we laughed....

But no its true - at lunch I used to farm there on alts but so many buzz around those plants/mines.. its...wow..

I also farm in squads but generally its to help someone get gear, so I donate my share to them.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Honestly power leveling to 105 servers no purpose except to rush to total boredom.

1 - Plants for potions for alts / Mines for wine (resale) / Mines for molders (resale)

4 - Farm for Mirages in TT > to put in items I craft > to boost price a tiny bit

5 - Farm for mats that help my smaller alts craft and sell w/o my mains name on them

9 - Farm 1st/2nd Map using quests to help me get items to convert to genie fuel crystals (for resale)

10 - Farm FC for Green/Gold drops from bosses (green drops can be converted to exp scrolls for resale).

etc ... etc...

I love the farming on the map because of the environment and people I run into. If people would stop rushing to level, and took the time to play the game w/o hypering nonstop, they would find it rather nice.

Lol i was running out of things to do my seeker. ^_^ thanks i think that will give me some things to do when i am bored of doing delta and bh 100 and farming mirages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kmilord
    kmilord Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    are You Kidding About Not Farming Nirvana? Tell Me Where Else I Can Get -chan/int On Pants. Tell Me where~

B:sad

R9 Pants Give -3% Chan
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ima farming for several hours per day. Farming isn't dead. But it is sort of correct that back in the days farming was more (a social) part of the game for a wide range of players while nowadays endgame gear can be bought from boutique.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Lol i was running out of things to do my seeker. ^_^ thanks i think that will give me some things to do when i am bored of doing delta and bh 100 and farming mirages.

Funny thing is when I got an extra red fox, I put it on my Veno named: oStorage

Then I slapped some fashion on her from mains (bound), using stash - and set her out to kill some boredom.

I starting farming, decided to try crafting (old school) and it really was enjoyable. I made tons of pots from farming. I do this on lunch to kill an hour at work (too hot to go out).

I had so much fun I made a baby Cleric who now goes out to heal and buff other blue names.

This game has so much charm..... I think we forget in our rush to lvl.
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2011

etc ... etc...

hi-five to you :) and when the farming is stale for the day the options are still many.
    for example:
    sit on the bridges by sanctuary and watch a sunrise...also watch yellow deathballs kill nubs lol..then i have fun to thread my way between ground mobs and those yellow balls of endless fun (cyanair's lol) to rez the poor shmuck :). i like stealing mats from mobs without aggroing them. i'm sure peeps watching me while farming spiders up north there just wonder how i slide the mats out. heh...endless practice :) i learned to fly through trees around wtf town east of tusk..tough man tehi is there and bats are upstairs. or gank bats out of the trees. ...on and on..there's so much **** around to be done it's nuts

lol aoe farm the gangs of mobs by enraged wraith chief. one shot god mode, they all bow down to you and puke cash..i could go for pages
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Funny thing is when I got an extra red fox, I put it on my Veno named: oStorage

Then I slapped some fashion on her from mains (bound), using stash - and set her out to kill some boredom.

I starting farming, decided to try crafting (old school) and it really was enjoyable. I made tons of pots from farming. I do this on lunch to kill an hour at work (too hot to go out).

I had so much fun I made a baby Cleric who now goes out to heal and buff other blue names.

This game has so much charm..... I think we forget in our rush to lvl.

Yupb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    endlesspsy wrote: »

And nirvana is way too expensive compared to a stronger rank 8. And if people plan to get g15 they would just cashshop to get rank 9 + the rank 9 ring is alot of attack power.

I think there is nothing to farm anymore. This game forced everyone to cashshop their rank 8,rank 9 because those are the best and cheapest endgame gears compared to nirvana because who would farm a more expensive weaker nirvana weapons.

And TT , meh i dont know havent farmed TT in 1 years+. People only need the tt99 leg and arms and some necklace and belt. But thats not alot of money.

And we dont have any 2x drops/exp anymore until the goonz glitch is fixed.

There is a few different types of farming. Most mats have no purpose to be farmed anymore, so the mat-business is pretty much dead (by mats, I've referring to anthracite, etc). Most herb farming is dead, however Heaven/Hell herbs are selling great on HT (7k a pop for some).

TT is still farmed for gear, as well as selling some of the more rare/expensive mats.

Lunar isn't farmed much. There isn't much of a point.

FF is an instance to farm exp, so it's always going to be used often. However, the old FF instance was farmable for mats.

DQ drops from mobs are farmed often, and people will buy them from players via catshops.

Abba/SoT is farmed pretty often for rare books.

Cube is farmed for Cogs and Pages of Fate, daily. Most new players don't understand this.

Warsong isn't farmed much. People generally just do BH in Warsong, and when they want the Warsong Belts, they buy the ones from packs.

Nirvana is farmed for coin/gear by most 100+ players. The cannys/raps sell well, and can't be bought directly from the Boutique.

Most other instances are just used for BHs, FBs, etc. Most squads don't have a reason to farm another instance in-game, as it won't bring much profit to the players. In my mind, there is two kinds of farming -- instance farming, and farming on the map (herbs/mats). The mats on the map aren't farmed nearly as much as they used to be back in the day, before tokens/packs. Back in the day, people would have high competition in good farming spots of the map. Was pretty fun, and got too meet many new people while farming. Sometimes it would be a race to see who would get the mat first w/ their mounts.
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Not that activ anymore tt mats worthless :) at new servers farming i think is doing alot
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    hanfknolle wrote: »
    Not that activ anymore tt mats worthless :) at new servers farming i think is doing alot

Actually, on Heaven's Tear farming TT is worthwhile for some green mats, and most gold mats (3-2/3-3).
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    3-2 3-3 for sure but green mats are nearly dead at us :) Tsu's Ghost Mask was 800k at us near to 1mil dropped to 100-200k each.

Forshuras hook was 400-500k now 150-200k.

Gold Mats are still well priced but hard to get without 2x Drop
    and Red Mats well 50-100mil
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Sorry I cut most of that off. But you can turn fcc green drops into experience scrolls? Really? How many can you make, how do you exchange/decompose them, and how well do they sell? :x
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    farming is down, but not dead.

^ This

/Thread, ohwait..... b:sin
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sorry I cut most of that off. But you can turn fcc green drops into experience scrolls? Really? How many can you make, how do you exchange/decompose them, and how well do they sell? :x

Each green, once decomposed, can be exchanged at the Martial Master for 100 orders of blessing. Each blessing is 4k exp, so one green = 400k exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    omg a mod trolling the end is nighb:chuckle
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.