DQ,Drop,Coin grinding

Options
Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
As a lv90 i want to know a best spot to grind for dq,drops,coins(need money of course).
i have been merchanting for weeks and got sick of it.
some says hell&valley of scarred is a good place.
but not sure hence the mobs aren't often dropping DQs
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Post edited by Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur on

Comments

• endlesspsy
    endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    survey?
  • Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    endlesspsy wrote: »
    survey?

probably...
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You are a seeker, so a physical resist type. Go to heaven (Blue door in 1k), and go a bit north of the town u arrive in till u find Stygean Guards,, they are physical and respawn very fast.

You could easily gather a bunch and AoE them. careful though of the stygean Maidens near them, those are magical.

Also some Stygean champions there, bigger, they are still physical. ALso a nice place for granite and herbs. If I go today i'll come back to post the exact coordinates in forums.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I started grinding the Araneid Sharpfangs on my archer at around 91. Despite the level difference I got loads of DQs, plus they are way easier to kill than heaven/hell mobs and poison can be triple sparked off/potted to combat.

Of course, since they drop so well grinding there at 2x is virtually impossible lol. The area gets flooded by people. But it is fine other times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • /aron - Dreamweaver137
    /aron - Dreamweaver137 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I am a lvl 100 Sin (low aps - only 2.50 when sparked) and have been trying to follow all these DQ posts to find a spot to grind for DQs but have yet to find a single one that really pays off for a sin since I cannot simply AoE the hell out of everything.

Tried looking in the games encyclopedia (blinking button by minimap) for mobs around my lvl that have DQs as one of the first 2 or 3 items dropped to increase chances but, honestly, I have not found a single one listed with DQs in the first 3 slots on there but, also, I am not sure if they are listed in order on there or not.

Any ideas ? I do not mind putting in the time and effort, I just need to know my time and effort will pay off in the long-run ya know ?

Any mob ideas (best if you know about some and not just guess) for a 100 sin to grind ?
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Even though this is a necro. It is a genuine request.

I would suggest finding the highest group of mobs you can basically 2-3 shot.

Buff with Chill of the Deep.

Gather mobs.

Triple Spark.

Inner Harmony.

Earthen Rift

Subsea

Earthen Rift

(I listed that order because you can get off two earthen rifts in 1 triple spark that way. Cooldown works just perfect with it.)

So I Would suggest Valley of the Scarred near the entrance and do that.

Also you can hyper with this for a good dent in exp as well.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yeah on my sin I would go to the basilik (spelling is wrong I'm sure) mobs for the guild base quest out near Sandsong village, there are manageable groups 4-8 that can easily be pulled together without having to kill your charm. Spark - rising dragon - subsea - Earthen Rift and if they didn't all die then just **** them a few times and they will be. The Sandedge ones have a better drop rate then the madtooth ones i think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Hellzbells - Harshlands
    Hellzbells - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I was doing it wrong :o i would subsea rift bramble rage D:
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I was doing it wrong :o i would subsea rift bramble rage D:

Each person has their own methods of doing it. (Mine just didn't use a genie. Since not everyone can afford / has a good genie.) Just because you did it differently doesn't make it wrong.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• RandomDent - Dreamweaver
    RandomDent - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Spamming bramble rage would cut your profits a lot using all that chi, but yeah, stuff would die faster.

I find most mobs in morai have good drop rates for DQs, find some around your level that fit your class style. The little lizards in the desert are good too.

The best place though is unwined FB 89/99 depending on your level, take mobs in the smallest possible groups at first, spark>rift>harmony/rds>subsea>rift>aps and keep stealth ready if you get hit by too many increased attack at once. You can also do the card bosses in 89 for extra money, it takes me about 15-20 min to solo fb89 eden including both card bosses on my bm, so a 2.5aps sin would probably take 30-40 min (I'd suggest only doing abyss rider till you get more aps/refines, stone brain has annoying stun).
    See, I can hyper a nub up like the rest of yas!
  • Hellzbells - Harshlands
    Hellzbells - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Each person has their own methods of doing it. (Mine just didn't use a genie. Since not everyone can afford / has a good genie.) Just because you did it differently doesn't make it wrong.

using the amp for the following attack would be a good idea but your idea with bramble rage is a great idea :o
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Spamming bramble rage would cut your profits a lot using all that chi, but yeah, stuff would die faster.

I find most mobs in morai have good drop rates for DQs, find some around your level that fit your class style. The little lizards in the desert are good too.

The best place though is unwined FB 89/99 depending on your level, take mobs in the smallest possible groups at first, spark>rift>harmony/rds>subsea>rift>aps and keep stealth ready if you get hit by too many increased attack at once. You can also do the card bosses in 89 for extra money, it takes me about 15-20 min to solo fb89 eden including both card bosses on my bm, so a 2.5aps sin would probably take 30-40 min (I'd suggest only doing abyss rider till you get more aps/refines, stone brain has annoying stun).

Agree with first part.

Sandedge Basalisks and Madtooth Basalisks are the lizards out by sandsong that people do for base quest.

I don't suggest doing carbosses as a sin with only 2.5 aps... My sin can barely charm tank duke raptorbone in FB79 and shes 5.0 with like... 6k pdef unbuffed. And the FB89 mobs are all elite so they would take longer to kill.
    using the amp for the following attack would be a good idea but your idea with bramble rage is a great idea :o

Why not just use tangling mire then? Less chistones required per batch of it + the pdef drop may make those 3 shots into only a 2 shot which then you could just do sub - rift and you can spam mire a little better then BR.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

I don't suggest doing carbosses as a sin with only 2.5 aps... My sin can barely charm tank duke raptorbone in FB79 and shes 5.0 with like... 6k pdef unbuffed. And the FB89 mobs are all elite so they would take longer to kill.

To be fair, duke raptorbone has both a physical defense debuff, and a physical attack buff. Not even my level 100 herc can tank him. The card bosses in FB89 are significantly easier, with stone brain being the more difficult of the two. (earth damage DoT, short range physical AoE, short range AoE stun.)

As far as I know, abyss rider just has a short range physical AoE.