Servers crashed..

2»

Comments

• taugrim
    taugrim Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    *looks at sylens name* I do believe it says SylenThunder - Sanctuary...

I didn't notice it said Technical Support, GM, Customer Service, Community Mod. or anything in your name. Can you please tell me where you got your "credible" information from stating it wasn't the PWI servers? Last time I checked it is possible for hardware servers to go down. So until you have a official title next to your name, please stop trying to say it wasn't them because you don't know it wasn't them your just merely assuming it wasn't them because you just got done learning about networking in class.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    taugrim wrote: »
    *looks at sylens name* I do believe it says SylenThunder - Sanctuary...

I didn't notice it said Technical Support, GM, Customer Service, Community Mod. or anything in your name. Can you please tell me where you got your "credible" information from stating it wasn't the PWI servers? Last time I checked it is possible for hardware servers to go down. So until you have a official title next to your name, please stop trying to say it wasn't them because you don't know it wasn't them your just merely assuming it wasn't them because you just got done learning about networking in class.

And here's the problem.

Last time there was a DDoS, they didn't tell us jack ****. We had to figure it out from GM's on the FW or JD forums, which is where I'm gonna check for actual accurate information.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Based on the facts that SylenThunder stated, and running some trace tests myself, I'd have to say that he's likely right.
    Sure it could be a problem with the servers, or a DDoS attack... but if it were, there would be a LOT more people affected by it than we've seen.

People are too quick to blame the game servers or the company about things that are out of their control. Lately everyone's been looking for an excuse to have 2x again too.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    How about from now one they need to tell us what happens, and stop kissing their *** for every little thing, I mean the more we do the more worse the game gets.

We all could just stop buying cards and let this game be a complete fail up until they learn how to fix it?

I mean sooner or later if their server does it again over and over they are going to need to fix it....oooooh but guess what...if they have no money because they should of " FIXED IT TWO FREAKEN YEARS AGO!!! " then this wouldn't of happened.

But hey they have their thumbs up their *** what do you expect from them?
    edited August 2011
    How about from now one they need to tell us what happens, and stop kissing their *** for every little thing, I mean the more we do the more worse the game gets.

We all could just stop buying cards and let this game be a complete fail up until they learn how to fix it?

I mean sooner or later if their server does it again over and over they are going to need to fix it....oooooh but guess what...if they have no money because they should of " FIXED IT TWO FREAKEN YEARS AGO!!! " then this wouldn't of happened.

QQmoar. None of the mods even bothered to reply with 'forwarding this to Frankie', so they probably either know about it and aren't telling us a damn thing, or don't know and don't care.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    QQmoar. None of the mods even bothered to reply with 'forwarding this to Frankie', so they probably either know about it and aren't telling us a damn thing, or don't know and don't care.

Well I don't QQ at all but, I am stating the fact if they " don't care and keep on messing the game up. " then we do have a problem.

You do know that they are using our money for something else instead of fixing the servers right?

Do you know that is fraud right?

if you know this then why aren't you people standing up your ground and doing something about it?

I mean if it was me I would.

I mean look they are from Cali, the servers originated from china, here in the USA fraud = prison.

This is america people you have a brain common sense tells you to use that knowledge!

Oooh what about the scammer?

Did they ever get their ***'s to find him or capture him? no because they are freaken lazy.

Like I said before and I'll saying it again, " If you don't know how to do things correctly, then find a professional Devs! " otherwise I'm not going to listen to either wannabe " Devs, GM's And Manger " if they cannot be in the game 24/7.

In any cause if they cannot be in the game like they are suppose to then, that is why you are so stupid?

Ooooh right because you're afraid of losing money to spend it on this game " GET OVER IT! " You'll get more pay if you fix the servers.
    edited August 2011
    Well I don't QQ at all but, I am stating the fact if they " don't care and keep on messing the game up. " then we do have a problem.

You do know that they are using our money for something else instead of fixing the servers right?

if you know this then why aren't you people standing up your ground and doing something about it?

I mean look they are from Cali, the servers originated from china, here in the USA fraud = prison.

This is america people you have a brain common sense tells you to use that knowledge!

Hoooo boy, not this again. >_>

Not gonna bother.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Living in Australia I often get DC or big ping when playing on Dreamweaver. When I run Traceroute in all cases except 1 that i have traced, it has turned out to be a piece network equipment failing between me and Dreamweaver with nothing to do with PWI.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Or, it has nothing to do with the client, the servers, or PWE's ISP and they already know that. You guys are awfully hot to blame PWE. If this were a huge issue, we'd have seen the forums flooded with posts. So far there's been fewer than there were a few months ago when that east coast hub went out for days. It also appears to have been limited to a few hours and has since resolved itself. (statement made based on the fact that we don't have PPL QQing that they are DCing like crazy anymore.)

In any case, GM's aren't working, so you won't hear a reply from them unless they happen to come out here and bother to put unpaid time into it. Give it another 14 hours for someone to get to work Monday morning, maybe see this thread. Even then, whatever happened is long gone.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Last official announcement for the next big bug fix.

Oooh what about the scammer?

Did they ever get their ***'s to find him or capture him? no because they are freaken lazy.

Like I said before and I'll saying it again, " If you don't know how to do things correctly, then find a professional Devs! " otherwise I'm not going to listen to either wannabe " Devs, GM's And Manger " if they cannot be in the game 24/7.

In any cause if they cannot be in the game like they are suppose to then, that is why you are so stupid?

Ooooh right because you're afraid of losing money to spend it on this game " GET OVER IT! " You'll get more pay if you fix the servers.

Last I checked the everyone internationally was playing this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Sadly, the only bug fix he actually mentions is the Jones blessing failure. It's not like they can be bothered to fix the other hundreds of bugs that have plagued us since the game went live.

FOr ZodiarkE, the reason that many things haven't been fixed is because PWE didn't create the game. They bought it. Later they fired all of the Developers that originally made the game and knew the code in detail. Now the dev's aren't familiar with it and it makes it really hard to change anything because they have to learn how everything interacts in the code.

Because of this, we aren't likely to ever see a Big Bug Fixin Patch. Hell they manage to even break things that they previously fixed when they add new content or fix other bugs.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Sadly, the only bug fix he actually mentions is the Jones blessing failure. It's not like they can be bothered to fix the other hundreds of bugs that have plagued us since the game went live.

FOr ZodiarkE, the reason that many things haven't been fixed is because PWE didn't create the game. They bought it. Later they fired all of the Developers that originally made the game and knew the code in detail. Now the dev's aren't familiar with it and it makes it really hard to change anything because they have to learn how everything interacts in the code.

Because of this, we aren't likely to ever see a Big Bug Fixin Patch. Hell they manage to even break things that they previously fixed when they add new content or fix other bugs.

I was being sarcastic........but then again I guess it's hard to tell if someone is being so on the forums. -.-

Tell me about it...... Whoever decided to do that was a freaking GENIUS! (and again sarcasm).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    LOL at you all, this cannot be fixed, this stuff happens and won't stop. Also just because someone is watching the server will not prevent it from crashing, just reboot it, and it takes at least 10 minutes. It's like your pc freezing ocassionally huh? Same thing, FIX IT, just do it
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008