aps formula?

Options
ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Archer
So sorry for spamming your forums with aps questions but fishies are dumb they cant help me. On to my question...

What exactly is the aps formula? I'm trying to figure out how to add in procs but I dont wanna do it wrong. Like ss, gof and revenge etc etc.

Base damage*aps*1.crit*1.atk level*proc?

If its god of frenzy do I add it like an attack level? 30% chance to proc for double damage so its 30% more damage. If its revenge do i adjust the base attack? I dun knowww

And on that note what exactly is the chances of those procs coming into effect? Is gof 30% and revenge 5%? What's the sac strike proc rate?

I've tried searching this but the search function blows and never gives me what i want :$

Ty for any answers I get and dont flame me cuz ima fish pls >:3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What exactly is the aps formula? I'm trying to figure out how to add in procs but I dont wanna do it wrong. Like ss, gof and revenge etc etc.

Base damage*aps*1.crit*1.atk level*proc?

Um... "APS formula"? Please don't tell me that you're one of those people who use "DPS" and "APS" as synonyms. Because really, APS is just a part of the DPS formula.

The DPS formula, in turn, is:
    Base damage * (1+crit/100)*APS*(1+Atklvl/100)*multiplier

However, for sins, the formula is a bit different with Wolf Emblem:
    Base Damage * (1+(1.2*Crit)/100)*APS*(1+ATKLVL/100)*multiplier

This is assuming level 11 Wolf Emblem.

As for procs, it depends on the proc itself.
    If its god of frenzy do I add it like an attack level? 30% chance to proc for double damage so its 30% more damage. If its revenge do i adjust the base attack? I dun knowww

GoF doubles all the damage you deal for a single hit, so it adds the following multiplier to ALL damage (e.g. it goes into the "multiplier" part of the equation):
    1+(Proc Rate%)

For Revenge, Berserk, Blood Vengeance and Frenzied Rage, they all add a percentage to your Base Damage. However, since your base damage goes through a ton of other multipliers, it's very important that you add it to Base Damage and not after all of the other stuff. Because for example, 50% added to your Base Damage with 5 aps, 40% crit and 30 attack levels results in you getting a multiplier of 13.65 to your Base damage instead of 9.45, instead of it being 9.45 and 14.175.

As a rule of thumb: SS and GoF multiply all of your damage, others just the base.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Shoooo D: or I'll go to sin forum and ask if I should be a sage or demon archer
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Um... "APS formula"? Please don't tell me that you're one of those people who use "DPS" and "APS" as synonyms. Because really, APS is just a part of the DPS formula.

The DPS formula, in turn, is:
    Base damage * (1+crit/100)*APS*(1+Atklvl/100)*multiplier

However, for sins, the formula is a bit different with Wolf Emblem:
    Base Damage * (1+(1.2*Crit)/100)*APS*(1+ATKLVL/100)*multiplier

This is assuming level 11 Wolf Emblem.

As for procs, it depends on the proc itself.

GoF doubles all the damage you deal for a single hit, so it adds the following multiplier to ALL damage (e.g. it goes into the "multiplier" part of the equation):
    1+(Proc Rate%)

For Revenge, Berserk, Blood Vengeance and Frenzied Rage, they all add a percentage to your Base Damage. However, since your base damage goes through a ton of other multipliers, it's very important that you add it to Base Damage and not after all of the other stuff. Because for example, 50% added to your Base Damage with 5 aps, 40% crit and 30 attack levels results in you getting a multiplier of 13.65 to your Base damage instead of 9.45, instead of it being 9.45 and 14.175.

As a rule of thumb: SS and GoF multiply all of your damage, others just the base.

Notice how I posted the dps formula, same as yours, just formatted a different way. I care more about dps than aps, which is why im going to be using R8 at 100. And use the 250mil it wouild cost me to get G13 nirv i'll get a pan gu tome and save for R9 with that, almost same dps as G13 and same cost. only difference is i get a dagger AND a tome, instead of just a dagger.

I asked this because comparing G15 and R9 confused me cuz of Gof and proc rates for the 2. I got G13 and R8 compared in my dps formula, which is what made me pick R8 instead of G13, not to mention the cost. But as for getting R9 or G15. I want to know the proc rates and dps before I make my decision.

Thanks for the answer though. Its helpful. But do you know the proc% of the adds themselves? I need to know that :'(
    Shoooo D: or I'll go to sin forum and ask if I should be a sage or demon archer

I will give you the same intellectualy void response that you just gave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Notice how I posted the dps formula, same as yours, just formatted a different way. I care more about dps than aps, ...

So you asked the wrong question?
    I asked this because ...

But what did you ask?
    But do you know the proc% of the adds themselves?

Apparently that depends on the proc. If you search for various proc names you might be able to find people's guesses.

So... ok... let's just get this over with:

Attack rate is the reciprocal of attack interval. Attack interval is always a multiple of 0.05 seconds. That is the APS forumula, just expressed in english rather than in algebra.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So you asked the wrong question?

But what did you ask?

Apparently that depends on the proc. If you search for various proc names you might be able to find people's guesses.

So... ok... let's just get this over with:

Attack rate is the reciprocal of attack interval. Attack interval is always a multiple of 0.05 seconds. That is the APS forumula, just expressed in english rather than in algebra.

Clearly the formula I posted was the dps formula, and my question pertained to it. What are the proc percentages. I was thinking dps but wrote "aps formula". Use common sense and figure out what i'm talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options

My answer was simply of a playful nature, Mr. Intellectual. But really why not just ask in your own subforum if you will be rude to every archer who replies?b:chuckle
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Clearly the formula I posted was the dps formula, and my question pertained to it. What are the proc percentages. I was thinking dps but wrote "aps formula". Use common sense and figure out what i'm talking about.

The proc rates for most weapons is believed to be 5% as stated in this thread, which is linked to in the "Useful Links for Archers" thread:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=597161

Be advised this information is rather old and may be outdated. Still better than nothing.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The proc rates for most weapons is believed to be 5% as stated in this thread, which is linked to in the "Useful Links for Archers" thread:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=597161

Be advised this information is rather old and may be outdated. Still better than nothing.

I think what he was looking for is the % of damage the procs add
  • negativereaction
    negativereaction Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think what he was looking for is the % of damage the procs add

i doubt he's asking a question that simple - it says right on the weapons that it doubles damage, i.e. operates the same as a crit. so once you take your damage calc (setting crit aside, but taking attack levels etc into account), a crit will double that value, so will Sac.Strike or GoF, and both together will quadruple it.

i think he's asking instead about the proc rates, which is a question that has no good way to answer (to my knowledge) other than prolonged testing - feel free to test yourself if you like. the best estimates i've heard were 15-20% for Sac.Strike to trigger, and double that (30-40%) for GoF. anecdotally i think these values might be a bit high, but i could be wrong.

you are more than welcome to test if you have the time, but i'd want at least 500ish attacks (counting the number of procs in 500 attacks) to have some level of certainty. just no more of that "herp derp my GoF proc went off 6 times in 10 attacks so it's 60%" nonsense.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Im asking how often does it proc. I heard gof is 30% of the time and s.s was 15-20%? Revenge was 5%. I don't know how accurate it is. So i came here -_-

And i wouldnt be so rude if you would see a dps formula, a dps question, then completely ignore my entire post because i wrote aps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I cannot remember clearly, but I recall that someone once posted percentages from procs that they pulled from a game file on the GD... I tried looking for it and couldn't find it, but I didn't really try very hard.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Someone claimed SS proc'ed at 25% according to certain game files, but I put it around 20%.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Im asking how often does it proc. I heard gof is 30% of the time and s.s was 15-20%? Revenge was 5%. I don't know how accurate it is. So i came here -_-

And i wouldnt be so rude if you would see a dps formula, a dps question, then completely ignore my entire post because i wrote aps.

that wasn't me -.-

But anyway, It's kind of hard to put a finger on the actual proc rates of things, there are those informative lists but many people feel they are innacurate. I have seen threads on this topic and none of them that I remember have come up with a solid conclusion.

In this situation you may find it helpful to possibly use the search function.