1st time in Nirvana as a non-aps

Options
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Some of you probably read my other posts.

I just want tips.

I am not APS (2.00 normal, 2.86 sparked) and I want to finally try out Nirvana. If you want to know my gear, go see "Geared enough for Delta ?" Thread for what I wear. If I was to set-up the "best possible" squad to do it, what should it be like ?

I'm thinking : Me as bm, barb, sin, cleric, veno for amp and a random DD.

How long or actually how hard is it with a non-aps squad ?

I just want some insights, not to form a squad and rush in as a noob, anything special I should know about ?

Ty
Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
Post edited by Sir_Puma - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

I just want tips.

I am not APS (2.00 normal, 2.86 sparked) and I want to finally try out Nirvana. If you want to know my gear, go see "Geared enough for Delta ?" Thread for what I wear. If I was to set-up the "best possible" squad to do it, what should it be like ?

I just want some insights, not to form a squad and rush in as a noob, anything special I should know about ?

Ty

best possible squad = 1 sin + 5 5-aps

Anything around 10k hp shouldn't really die in nirvana with charm and some brains. And it can last anywhere between a couple of minutes to well over half hour if you have a lot of casters.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    a nearly-traditional squad, I like it personally. Never been in nirvana,but based on the research I've done on it any squad should be ok, it's more about time than anything. Personally, I would take a psy (I'm usng my sin mainly right now, not a biased commet) for a few reasons:
    1: reflecting damge of the magical bosses is always a plus.
    2: debuffing and slowing regeneration, or increasing your own benefits greatly
    3: higher DPS than a wizard
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

I just want tips.

Ty

Most of the bosses are weak hitters, a 6kHP sin can tank them with heals for the most part (Im assuming half decent gear, IE TT90, not level 7x mold **** like some I see at 100 Q__Q) so your BM should rock them, but make sure the Sin/s (Id recommend 2) you take know to spam RibStrike and Tidal Protection to make life much easier. (The bosses regularly spam an AoE Seal with about a 70% hit rate, Tidal will dodge it most of the time so the DDing wont stop often.)

The bosses themselves are largely self explanatory, the old man will tell you the secret of each one as you come to it, or you can search for a specific guide on here somewhere.

The point with the largest squad wipe potentials are the last 2 rooms. The penultimate room has a large (40%?) chance to spawn a boss commenly known as KFC or "the chicken boss" on HL. HE gradually fills the room with little fires that deal 2500 damage every couple of seconds while you are near them and they do not go out until the boss is dead (Ive heared they go out after a while, but the room tends to fill up and kill everyone as far as ive experienced). Hence you need strong DD to kill it before the room fills up and you all die.

The last boss is relatively simple for the most part, just tank and kill like you would, until he summons a mob. You need to click the mob, choose the correct box, break it, pick up the item, right click the item while having the mob selected. It will seal the mob and youl be safe. If you fail, you will get hit for upwards of 200k and everyone will die unless someone times AD like an absolute ****ing pro or a Sin is Deadened.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=730042

This threads a decent guide, but ignore the bubble tactics, the AoE seal interrupts BB as far as im aware. (The Seals were added later on to counter 5aps, ironically doing **** all to them and making it 3x harder for us >_>)

Ignore the 1st boss = massive exp too, they changed that.

~Good luck!
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options

Anything around 10k hp shouldn't really die in nirvana with charm and some brains. And it can last anywhere between a couple of minutes to well over half hour if you have a lot of casters.

Was the point I was trying to make. I like to take my time and be better safe then sorry. I know a 5- 5 aps squad is best, but I am not so i don't care about taking 25 mins to do it or so.
    I want to show people that not all has to be done in 5-10 mins then get bored rest of day..

The psy idea, looks good to me, how about a seeker in that set-up for debuffs ? (replacing whoever)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Quick note about the the psychic / wizard

Wizards have undine and Frostblade. Im not going to do the calculations, but a Wizard will probably even out the DD loss with those cast on your Phy DD and the bosses, and the frostblade will make the KFC boss a lot easier. (Fire mob).
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    *Good explanation*

~Good luck!

Now that's the perfect kind of insight I was looking for. Now I know wht APS can be important in a certain room. So actually, if I go with better tank then me, my job would be just to HF/Mire and DD away ?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The only important thing is to make sure you have someone who knows how to run chests.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Very likely that you go with someone who will hold off aggro from you. As a BM, regardless of your a/r (whether 2.0 or 5.0), you should be HFing as often as reasonably possible. If you have a proper PVE genie, you can easily combine sparks with your HF's. If you are demon and have demon GS, can combine that with someone else's HF or use it on non-HF bosses to maximize squad dmg.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

I just want tips.

Ty

Nirvana isn't hard with or without an aps squad. The aps squad just is obviously faster and since it's faster the bosses don't have alot of time to use their special attacks as much as in a normal squad. If you're going with a normal squad I'd say cleric, you, barb, and three DDs whatever class you wish. Veno is good for stacking amp with dragons to take some more damage at times. A normal squad just has to pay attention of the bosses special attacks since they will be using them a heck of alot more than in a aps squad. In there lies the possibility of some deaths if people aren't careful and paying attention.

Normal nirvana squads are also alot harder on clerics since they have to be paying attention the whole time. If they stop paying attention for a lil while there could be a wipe, whereas in a aps squad the sins bp and fast aps of everyone helps on the healing.

The only real reason people want aps so much in nirvana is to avoid all of the bosses special attacks. Those special attacks are usually what causes most squads to wipe in there. But, anyway a normal squad is just as easy as an aps squad you just have to pay attention to when they bosses are about to use their specials
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The only important thing is to make sure you have someone who knows how to run chests.

^ this...

also- i think the main reason you are going to get responses like your first one is because... nirvana isnt worth the time it takes to do with a normal squad. if you go with an all non APS squad for example you can guarantee is going to be around 30-45 minutes per run. which will what... earn you at most 4-5 mil IF YOU ARE VERY LUCKY and get uncannies and raptures with bosses? so thats... 600-800k per 30 to 45 minutes maybe even an hour :/ per player

you might as well just farm TT- better chances of making larger money with numerous runs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    OK

So since I want uncannies to cast my legs into nirvana ones, how many average runs should I expect ?

I need total 260 uncannies to get them into interval ones..
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    not to be an racist on casting classes, but.

as i see you are a BM, if you would go with an APS squad , you can contribute HF to the party, wich is highly apreciated.

if i where you i would look up an aps party and spamm nirvys with them for a while
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Don't be cheap on using jiaozi.
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ^ this...

also- i think the main reason you are going to get responses like your first one is because... nirvana isnt worth the time it takes to do with a normal squad. if you go with an all non APS squad for example you can guarantee is going to be around 30-45 minutes per run. which will what... earn you at most 4-5 mil IF YOU ARE VERY LUCKY and get uncannies and raptures with bosses? so thats... 600-800k per 30 to 45 minutes maybe even an hour :/ per player

you might as well just farm TT- better chances of making larger money with numerous runs b:surrender

oNE THING i DO KNOW IS MR.pUMA ISNT A "must GET ALL MY **** NOW!" TYPE OF PERSON.

sPEED ISNT EVERYTHING, 45 MINUTES A RUN IS 35 MINUTES LESS afk-BORED.

---
    ****ing caps lock. Too lazy to rewrite.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    XD i would love to try if people would open up. I am seeker so speed doesnt bother me, non aps here :Db:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ^ this...

Lol at your sigb:laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    pretty much just learn which boss's to hf on and which to gs on. for both, triple spark cloud eruption (or spark park w/e works for you) hf/gs and then go at it. none of the boss's are truly difficult, especially once you learn what they can do. also, pay attention to the chat x.x when you see "you will be punished" said by the boss, dont hf lol. your gonna get sealed shortly after and hf becomes wasted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    OK

So since I want uncannies to cast my legs into nirvana ones, how many average runs should I expect ?

I need total 260 uncannies to get them into interval ones..

On a normal run... you are looking at maybe 2-3 cannies from split (full squad)... which is more or less 100 runs if you plan to farm it all. Now do you see why the time per run is important.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    XD i would love to try if people would open up. I am seeker so speed doesnt bother me, non aps here :Db:victory

*Noted*

Not on Puma right now, but when i'll be and world chat to try put squad up i'll gladly reserve a spot for you. Everyone deserves a chance to something right ? We'll just make sure we get a good tank, good cleric and 2 Aps sins if needed, or 1 and another class suggested.

b:victory
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    On a normal run... you are looking at maybe 2-3 cannies from split (full squad)... which is more or less 100 runs if you plan to farm it all. Now do you see why the time per run is important.

Time is only important if you are impatient. Gawd, leave people who want to chill out doing it to chill out doing it.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Time is only important if you are impatient. Gawd, leave people who want to chill out doing it to chill out doing it.

umm... i think you are the only one getting defensive- we are players that have been playing the game for a long time... and although i can only speak for myself when i say this- i am not impatient just because i choose to use my time wisely. i dont have the time to play the game cuz i work and have a life- so managing your time well benefits real life and the game at times. so... we are just offering suggestions, not trying to force you or anyone else to do anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    umm... i think you are the only one getting defensive- we are players that have been playing the game for a long time... and although i can only speak for myself when i say this- i am not impatient just because i choose to use my time wisely. i dont have the time to play the game cuz i work and have a life- so managing your time well benefits real life and the game at times. so... we are just offering suggestions, not trying to force you or anyone else to do anything.

Suggestions of speed to someone who specifically stated they arnt APS based and is willing to take casters? Lol.

Im not being defensive for no reason. I <3 fast nirvanas, the less time im on my cleric, the better.
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

except, its seems as though people are trying to force aps squading down his throat, when he specifically said HE doesnt care. dont matter how you prefer to run and the reasons, he was askin about the instance and what would be best for a non aps squad. all the talk about "you should go aps" is irrelevant to the thread ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear
    MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

I assume your numbers are during 2x. At least on my server with a full squad, one persons split is about 1-1.5 cannies per run when 2x is not on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

1 sin, 4 more 5aps, 1 sage veno
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wasabiwarrior
    wasabiwarrior Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm no expert in nirvana nor i'm a pro BM, i am only suggesting based on my experience.

I would suggest to read a nirvana guide first to familiarize yourself with different Boss on nirvana http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=730042. Initially you'll surely die a lot but as you continue doing it you will be familiar and may avoid die'ng often.

Even though you dont have that high APS, just make sure you can gain enough chi to time your HF.

I even had experience a squad having another BM which is a Sage Pure Axe and run still go smooth. He just time HF correctly.

Cooperation of each of the member of the squad is also important imo.

Good luck and have fun.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ummm technically every nirvana squad is an aps squad because every class has an attack per second

If you're going in a non-aps squad then I guess everyone is just gonna stand there not attacking? lol
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ummm technically every nirvana squad is an aps squad because every class has an attack per second

Wrong!

Not every class gets an attack per second.

b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wrong!

Not every class gets an attack per second.

b:chuckle

Correct in calling him wrong.

My poke skills take 2 seconds to channel/cast. I suppose you could argue that makes me have .5 aps, but then you'd just be annoying...
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

I just want tips.

Ty

Imo, the perfect vana setup is : 3 sins, 1 bm, 1 veno, 1 barb (or cleric). However, the persons (and their gear) are more important then the classes. Actually, if you have 1 sin with good dps (like a r9 sin) that could solo vana, the rest would just be there to time there debuff/amps. Considering a more normal squad setup, you probably want a cleric, bm and sin. That seems to be the standard, and for the rest you can add veno, barb (especially when cleric is squishy), more bms/sins, any other DD like archer or caster. Btw, any bm can tank vana, but not all sins can. There are some sins that love to take aggro but can't really tank all bosses.

The time is vary variable in vana depending on squad. You probably won't be able to get into the 5-10min squads. So you will probably looking at 20-30min if you got some good DD, or 30-45min if you got bad DD and bad timing in squad. Just to be clear, imo good DD =/= aps DD. There are sins with crappy TT80s that die on the random aggro hits, and wizzies with +10 r8/vana weapons. I would prefer the last even if it's not "aps". Refines make a lot of difference, maybe even more then aps.

Other random tips : Make sure at least 1 person knows the instance and bosses (especially last one with chests). Take a look at one of the guides on here or wiki. Genies can make a lot of difference, make yourself a good one with chi siphon (spark + hf, or gs + hf), extreme poison, tangling mire, enrage, and that kind of damage increasing skills.