Who wants an in game voice chat?

BlackStrider - Archosaur
BlackStrider - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Etherblade (West)
seems like a good idea to me. all those mics on computers going to waste...on top of that, conversations get way outta hand as more people converge in one spot and the chat window gets flooded.
maybe something like the text chat, except with voice, and no common or world voice chat?
maybe make enable friend listening option, so friends can hear you when youre online?
oh and ESPECIALLY no horn.
i shudder to think what that would be like...my ears ring as i type this...
WHO AGREES? SAY I. THOSE WHO DISAGREE SAY ME.
You just never know with venomancers. At least some have the decency (like me) to admit they are men...some are just creepy weirdos. About half are female, but you never know, do you? You'll have to trust your better judgement...
Post edited by BlackStrider - Archosaur on

Comments

• Tsyren - Harshlands
    Tsyren - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    No. Just no.

We already have in game chat. That's good enough for anyone. We have enough world chat drama; do you really want to hear all that aloud? Also, voice patterns are more complex than text. Imagine the lag...

If you really need to hear someone talk to you, with a mic, use vent or Ts.
    I AM TSYREN, THE [ 101 ] SIN FROM ARCHOSAUR. (qqavatarqq)
    HE WHO WALKS THE TWISTED PATH OF DARKNESS.
    HE WHO ILLUMINATES THE WAY TO LIFE AND KNOWLEDGE.
    HE WHO KNOWS ALL, GOOD AND EVIL.
    HE WHO SNEERS AT TROLLS.... but I digress.

Etemology of the Week: Poli=Many. Tic(k)s=Parasitic creatures.
    Poli-tics. b:scorn
  • BlackStrider - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    you have a point there, but still...people dont like to download new things. and voice wouldnt totally kill anything. just another load the server takes on. the UDP is already running, so why not add more to the stream? and, tsyren, you coulda voted. besides, i like having somewhere that i can talk to all my friends at once and not have some idiot (you know, like that one Zack guy) walkin in and ruining everything.
    You just never know with venomancers. At least some have the decency (like me) to admit they are men...some are just creepy weirdos. About half are female, but you never know, do you? You'll have to trust your better judgement...
  • Tsyren - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    As for server burden, we would all die if we used it . :S lag has been spiking for me ever since the new servers came out, and before that, the EGs. Also, IMAGINE THE VOICE WITH LAG LIKE WE HAVE IN GAME.
    We...... Would all b- ....eeeee..... Talking like........ Thi- Sssssssssss.
    As for interruptions.... Squad chat? Pms? Ignoring people?

Finally, for poll. Me or I. Same meaning... I think.<____<

• Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    one of the stupidest ideas ive ever read.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    oh god no, imagine if in common chat all you could do was listen to BLOODMYSTIC blabber on about the year 1903.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    random foreignor: ??? where he? proskee.. are here? proskee are here??...heet boos, heet the boos proskee
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    oh god no, imagine if in common chat all you could do was listen to BLOODMYSTIC blabber on about the year 1903.

i'd rather listen to stories about 1903 than what most idiots blabber on about on wc tbh b:chuckle
  • Tsyren - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    random foreignor: ??? where he? proskee.. are here? proskee are here??...heet boos, heet the boos proskee

As long as I don't hear Elecmon doing.... Stuff.... Then I won't complain about stuff like this.

• Proski - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    tysrennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, my favorite guy i never meant to kill at tiggy event <3
  • Tsyren - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Nubski.
    You die now.*Summons Harpy Wraith*

• Anthemyra_ - Momaganon
    Anthemyra_ - Momaganon Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ... now this is why i log on Arch forum lately ... the nonsense posts and the ummm ... hmmm ... replies b:victory

Edit: still would be an interesting experiment to see that for 1 day in West Arch ... i wonder who's voice would be louder :O
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    lol what nonsense posts ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I won't like people to hear my squeaky voice.
    yes...im only 14b:byeb:bye
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I won't like people to hear my squeaky voice.
    yes...im only 14b:byeb:bye

Yeah, no kidding ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i'd rather listen to stories about 1903 than what most idiots blabber on about on wc tbh b:chuckle

you mean all those wc on how immunity is on the rise and blah blah blah... i just giggle, cuz every time i think they will make a run for the glory they just do something dumb and lose 3 or 4 of their important members and bam back to the drawing board b:laugh
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    you mean all those wc on how immunity is on the rise and blah blah blah... i just giggle, cuz every time i think they will make a run for the glory they just do something dumb and lose 3 or 4 of their important members and bam back to the drawing board b:laugh

T_T

stud thats the attitude that got your ap rejected. -_-
    And what wcs? ._.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • BlackStrider - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    lag has been spiking for me ever since the new servers came out, and before that, the EGs. Also, IMAGINE THE VOICE WITH LAG LIKE WE HAVE IN GAME.
    We...... Would all b- ....eeeee..... Talking like........ Thi- Sssssssssss.
    As for interruptions.... Squad chat? Pms? Ignoring people?

Finally, for poll. Me or I. Same meaning... I think.<____<

i see your point. and the Me or I thing depends on the situation. When it comes to voting, me usually means no.
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Its called vent

/thread
    edited August 2011
    T_T

stud thats the attitude that got your ap rejected. -_-
    And what wcs? ._.

yes sir.. your members are your factions downfall brah....

p.s i read my app and lol at getting rejected because i troll people ON THE PWI FORUMS b:chuckle
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    yes sir.. your members are your factions downfall brah....

p.s i read my app and lol at getting rejected because i troll people ON THE PWI FORUMS b:chuckle

no it was more comments like:

"Pros: 1. an extra person for tw

cons: 1. inner drama in faction between him and several people who dont like him or his attitude "

that caused rejection, if you read it you know I even said positive stuff, but you shouldnt start acting super-negative towards us again cos we had a decision to make and we made it. -_-

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
    edited August 2011
    no it was more comments like:

"Pros: 1. an extra person for tw

cons: 1. inner drama in faction between him and several people who dont like him or his attitude "

that caused rejection, if you read it you know I even said positive stuff, but you shouldnt start acting super-negative towards us again cos we had a decision to make and we made it. -_-

lol i did read your posts (hint: young and dumb). anyways, what i find dissapointing is that i'm willing to join your faction to take down the top faction. mind you, i was only going to be there for tw.... and your members can only think of; oh he killed me in west gate and told me to suck his bawl... i just find it sad and funny at the same time b:bye
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    lol i did read your posts (hint: young and dumb). anyways, what i find dissapointing is that i'm willing to join your faction to take down the top faction. mind you, i was only going to be there for tw.... and your members can only think of; oh he killed me in west gate and told me to suck his bawl... i just find it sad and funny at the same time b:bye

I dont think it was anything pk related stud, ill just drop it now, im sorry you didnt get in, and the hes just a kid comment was literally trying to sugar coat it for people that had issues with you, not trying to say you were dumb.

Sorry anyways imma go eat some pizza and watch x-factor ._.

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    b:sleep