I think that Nirvy weapon are a waste.

Options
Fip - Dreamweaver
Fip - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Every Rank 8 weapon cost 72gold which will cost about 90mil coins. a G13 weapon is weaker and cost atleast 200mil coins + tt99 mats. The only weapon your probably thinking that is betterthan rank 8 is the 5aps nirvy dagger. Well its not a big difference and i think the rank 8 dagger is always cheaper. And you can still solo anything with a 3.33aps +10 rank 8 dagger and kill bosses maybe 15 seconds less than a 5aps +10 nirvy dagger. And ofcourse the rank 8 is alot of powerful with the attack max stats +4% crit. and 2sockets. Other than than all other nirvy weapon is weaker. Now if your gonna spend 500m on a g15 nirvy with a good chance at 1socket. Might as well plan for a rank 9 weapon. That is why i think nirvy are now useless and a big waste of money. Or you can spend that 500m to +12 a rank 8 weapon and you can always get the rank 9 ring with 210+attack for like 200m i heard.
Post edited by Fip - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Thanks for sharing yours.

b:bye
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You totally changed my mind. >_> Instead of farming Nirvana, I'm going to go rob a bank, and use the $72 I take to buy R8.

Awesome Article, Son.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nirvana weapons have lost much of their need value with cheapo R8, but theyre still desirable for plenty of reasons.

Best for me is I can share the weapon I plan to get between my Wizard and Cleric <3
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You totally changed my mind. >_> Instead of farming Nirvana, I'm going to go rob a bank, and use the $72 I take to buy R8.

Awesome Article, Son.

rob a bank better rob a 7/11 store for free pwi gold cards b:avoid
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Im happy with my nirv hammers. Reforged them about 3 times till I got a nice set of bonuses and they do fine.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    rob a bank better rob a 7/11 store for free pwi gold cards b:avoid

Have to scan 'em to activate 'em...

So unless you like rob them after checking out but before paying...

Doesn't work.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Have to scan 'em to activate 'em...

So unless you like rob them after checking out but before paying...

Doesn't work.

b:shocked how you know all this you tried be4 didnt you
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Every Rank 8 weapon cost 72gold which will cost about 90mil coins. a G13 weapon is weaker and cost atleast 200mil coins + tt99 mats. The only weapon your probably thinking that is betterthan rank 8 is the 5aps nirvy dagger. Well its not a big difference and i think the rank 8 dagger is always cheaper. And you can still solo anything with a 3.33aps +10 rank 8 dagger and kill bosses maybe 15 seconds less than a 5aps +10 nirvy dagger. And ofcourse the rank 8 is alot of powerful with the attack max stats +4% crit. and 2sockets. Other than than all other nirvy weapon is weaker. Now if your gonna spend 500m on a g15 nirvy with a good chance at 1socket. Might as well plan for a rank 9 weapon. That is why i think nirvy are now useless and a big waste of money. Or you can spend that 500m to +12 a rank 8 weapon and you can always get the rank 9 ring with 210+attack for like 200m i heard.

Wow grats, did you figure all this out by yourself?
  • Fip - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Then Raptures at 2m each is too high because we know that a 90mil rank 8 is stronger than a 200m g13 weapon. And g15 weapon is about 500m and NOT much stronger than a rank 8. Might as well just +12 your rank 8 with all that extra 400m or +10 a few gears for a solid TW class. So which makes gold prices always raised so high by the GMs with these ****ed up Rapture prices when nirvy weapon is a dumb weapon of choice because of the price. Something is wrong here. Raptures shouldnt be at 2m when its weak weapon. But people still sell them high because they want gold but it would take 1000 years to even get 1 gold if raptures werent that high price at 2m. I dont know this game is ****ed alot of ways. imma stop posting now
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Then Raptures at 2m each is too high because we know that a 90mil rank 8 is stronger than a 200m g13 weapon. And g15 weapon is about 500m and NOT much stronger than a rank 8. Might as well just +12 your rank 8 with all that extra 400m or +10 a few gears for a solid TW class. So which makes gold prices always raised so high by the GMs with these ****ed up Rapture prices when nirvy weapon is a dumb weapon of choice because of the price. Something is wrong here. Raptures shouldnt be at 2m when its weak weapon.

As far as I knew, Nirvy prices are player-set, since they can't be bought from the Boutique. Also, since no part of Nirvana gear comes from the Boutique, that makes Nirvana gear completely player-priced. Don't blame the GMs for player greed in this case.

Sorry, little things like that tend to annoy me.b:surrender
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Then Raptures at 2m each is too high because we know that a 90mil rank 8 is stronger than a 200m g13 weapon. And g15 weapon is about 500m and NOT much stronger than a rank 8. Might as well just +12 your rank 8 with all that extra 400m or +10 a few gears for a solid TW class. So which makes gold prices always raised so high by the GMs with these ****ed up Rapture prices when nirvy weapon is a dumb weapon of choice because of the price. Something is wrong here. Raptures shouldnt be at 2m when its weak weapon.

Um, what's your point again? That people are dumb? That's nothing new, been true since humans existed.

Raptures are at 2m because people are busy making Assassin alts and buying Barrier Thorn: Nirvana for them to get a cheap 5 aps character that gets into as many nirvanas as their heart desires.

And also, GMs don't really have anything to do with Gold prices. The sales are not decided by GMs, nor do the GMs manipulate the playerbase into believing that they need to have +10 refines at endgame to feel competent. The sales are just incentive for higher gold prices, the rest is done by the players themselves.

@Kritty: I think he was only blaming the GMs for the Gold price. Look at the sentence, it's like he's saying "GMS MADE GOLD PRICES HIGH AND BTW RAPTURES ARE TOO HIGH TOO AND THAT'S DUMB I THINK" in a single breath.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Fip - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    players farm nirvy to buy gold. But Gm's control the prices and always raises it up. So players have to sell raptures high. so gold price controls what people farm because people want gold to buy all the orbs,sale,packs, and other stuff PWI sells, r9

and how can u not say Gms dont control the price, what some random guy with alot of money has a hobby of always raising the gold prices
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And also, GMs don't really have anything to do with Gold prices. The sales are not decided by GMs, nor do the GMs manipulate the playerbase into believing that they need to have +10 refines at endgame to feel competent. The sales are just incentive for higher gold prices, the rest is done by the players themselves.

But honestly, what does Nirvana have to do with Gold? Nothing that drops in there can be bought with Gold, so why do they have to be parallel? Because of player greed... The GMs can't control completely in-game farming.

In response to your edit, you may be correct. And that, children, is why periods, commas, and all other forms of punctuation are used.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    players farm nirvy to buy gold. But Gm's control the prices and always raises it up. So players have to sell raptures high. so gold price controls what people farm because people want gold to buy all the orbs,sale,packs, and other stuff PWI sells, r9

There's about a billion things that you can spend your Nirvana-ran cash on, other than Gold.

For example, you could, I dunno, actually use those Raptures and Uncannies for making your own gear? Or you could... let's see... buy packs from my cat shop? Or the neighbouring shops? Or you could invest it on Tome Fragments to get yourself a Pan Gu, Creator tome. Or some Garnet Gems or Primevals or Jades of Steady Defense.
    and how can u not say Gms dont control the price, what some random guy with alot of money has a hobby of always raising the gold prices

The prices adapt according to the sales. And yes, the merchants on servers have tons of cash. By "tons", I mean measures in billions.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • SonH - Dreamweaver
    SonH - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What weapon do you have currently? All I see here is an Assassin complaining about Rapture price. Are you upset because you're having trouble getting your Nirvy Daggers? I just don't see the point of you complaining about it here. I myself would love a G15 Nirvy Glaive if I had the money, although yes it's true Rank 8 is cheaper.

I have a feeling this is Only because you're having trouble buying your Raptures for your Nirvy G13 daggers, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about 2m per Rapture as a seller or farmer. Just work for it, it's not like it's impossible as I know many people have.
  • MystiqueRain - Sanctuary
    MystiqueRain - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Really one thing you over look yes some R8 is better then others but for my bm the R8 to me are worthless the niv are better I feel, and to be honest the R8 wepon for a bm I dont like cause I perfer axes I my BM has both axes and fist that are niv, now my cleric's wepon and archer and seeker are all R8 really you need to see what stats and what your comfortable playing with.

In the end it comes down to what the players after, and if you do niv stuff during a 2x drop event prices are alot lower, because more niv is ran which make more raps and uncannies floting about.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    But honestly, what does Nirvana have to do with Gold? Nothing that drops in there can be bought with Gold, so why do they have to be parallel? Because of player greed... The GMs can't control completely in-game farming.

In response to your edit, you may be correct. And that, children, is why periods, commas, and all other forms of punctuation are used.

Herp, look a my mod status so i'm right and you're not. Do the dev's and gm's pay you to do all of the obvious butt kissing you do? The constant sales raise the prices of gold, raising to prices of raptures and uncanny to compete with the gold. (Raised gold = raised prices, on everything) I agree nirvana's mostly useless now except that certain weapons can still get nice addons from the second cast. (Zerk, att lvl +20, -int) But it would be better just to throw it into rank 9.

(In before yadda yadda player greed, yadda.)
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • MystiqueRain - Sanctuary
    MystiqueRain - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Herp, look a my mod status so i'm right and you're not. Do the dev's and gm's pay you to do all of the obvious butt kissing you do? The constant sales raise the prices of gold, raising to prices of raptures and uncanny to compete with the gold. (Raised gold = raised prices, on everything) I agree nirvana's mostly useless now except that certain weapons can still get nice addons from the second cast. (Zerk, att lvl +20, -int) But it would be better just to throw it into rank 9.

ya but really in the end Ive seen there be no sales at all and the gold stay throw the roof because ppl now know ppl will pay it, and the catshops.... holly smoke there even worse they know ppl will pay it if they want it and there for sky rocket it... b:cry I miss the day that you get on and 100k for 1 gold seemed high... shows how much has changed in 2 and a half to 3 yrs b:surrender
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    @KrittyCatYou need to stop kissing PWI's butt cheeks or actually play the game and observe the economy....Regardless of player greed PWI does indeed control the gold prices with their sales. This is how it works:

GreedyMerchant63 sells gold for 150k a piece.

GreedyPWIDev Summons 1mil coin chest and plays trap card perfect hammer to open chest 5 gold.

GreedyMerchant63 increases gold price to 200k a piece meaning 0 profit on who ever buys the hammer.

GreedyMerchant110 Decides to increase gold price to 300k seeing as he has the most gold to sell

GreedyMerchant63 increases gold price to 280k a pop.

Gold is now essentially capped because of greed and PWI salesb:bye. But in the end it was because of PWI Devs that the gold prices are the way they are.

Ok I am falling asleep this is all stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yer all wrong, ijs.

Its just not that black and white.

Its a horrible shade of grey, up to you to decide just how grey it is ^__^
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    R9 or GTFO.

Blade_Aether
    GTFO'ing.
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm just throwing some fun facts out there.

If you want to use r8 daggers it is 72 gold or w/e. However you say that it would be cheaper to be 3.33 aps with those daggers. In order to achieve that you would need the Pang Gu tome (on top of being demon) that is almost 300mil right there.

in my opinion if you want to make a farming char and not spend an arm and a leg to gear it make it demon and suck it up and get the g13 nirvana daggers. I would rather pay 220 mil and not have to get the int tome if I do not want it.

I know many of you have your mains as sins and I just have mine to farm with but honestly the nirvana daggers are better money savers in the end. On top of that those who enjoy playing a sage sin will have even lower aps if you use r8/r9. I'm not saying it is a bad thing, I'm just talking about a soloing/ farming perspective.

In the end if you want to reach 3.33 aps with r8 daggers you will be spending around 300 mil verses just paying 2 mil per rapture and only having to pay 220 mil (TT mats included) You could go use that extra 80 mil to get something nice b:chuckle
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm just throwing some fun facts out there.

If you want to use r8 daggers it is 72 gold or w/e. However you say that it would be cheaper to be 3.33 aps with those daggers. In order to achieve that you would need the Pang Gu tome (on top of being demon) that is almost 300mil right there.

in my opinion if you want to make a farming char and not spend an arm and a leg to gear it make it demon and suck it up and get the g13 nirvana daggers. I would rather pay 220 mil and not have to get the int tome if I do not want it.

I know many of you have your mains as sins and I just have mine to farm with but honestly the nirvana daggers are better money savers in the end. On top of that those who enjoy playing a sage sin will have even lower aps if you use r8/r9. I'm not saying it is a bad thing, I'm just talking about a soloing/ farming perspective.

In the end if you want to reach 3.33 aps with r8 daggers you will be spending around 300 mil verses just paying 2 mil per rapture and only having to pay 220 mil (TT mats included) You could go use that extra 80 mil to get something nice b:chuckle

1. You can always sell the tome once you're done farming. That means that the tome isn't actually a -300m on your bank book, it's more like a 300m loan.

2. You can get 3.33 aps with Rank 8 without having a Tome. You see, 2.5 sparks to 3.33. And 2.5 takes everything except the Tome on a Rank 8 dagger.

3. You can't sell the Barrier Thorn: Nirvana, so that's a true -220m on your bank book, instead of a 300m loan, which in turn is essentially a 0 on the book.

4. 2.86 aps at Rank 8 is enough to permaspark on a Sage. 2.86 on a Demon leads to 4.0, which is permaspark as well. So really, it only comes down to having "more than enough" DPS. And whether "more than enough" justifies the cost of Nirvana, that's a personal question.
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options

@KrittyCatYou need to stop kissing PWI's butt cheeks or actually play the game and observe the economy....Regardless of player greed PWI does indeed control the gold prices with their sales. This is how it works:

GreedyMerchant63 sells gold for 150k a piece.

GreedyPWIDev Summons 1mil coin chest and plays trap card perfect hammer to open chest 5 gold.

GreedyMerchant63 increases gold price to 200k a piece meaning 0 profit on who ever buys the hammer.

GreedyMerchant110 Decides to increase gold price to 300k seeing as he has the most gold to sell

GreedyMerchant63 increases gold price to 280k a pop.

Gold is now essentially capped because of greed and PWI salesb:bye. But in the end it was because of PWI Devs that the gold prices are the way they are.

Ok I am falling asleep this is all stupid.

While I agree that gold is extremely high in price, it is set by the players. Yes, the PWE marketing team (again, not the GMs) does have a part in this, what with the endless sales and Rank 9 in the cash shop, but the players choose to spend their hard-earned coin on gold at outrageous prices because they apparently "must have" these items. This causes those who put the gold up at those outrageous prices to feel that they need more and more coin, thus they raise the price. PWE has no direct effect on the gold market, they have an indirect effect. The direct effect is the players who buy out the lower priced gold and resell it at a higher price to make a profit (and I know quite a few of these people personally).

Call it butt-kissing if you will, I am just trying to point out the very large part the greedy populace of PWI plays in the current economy.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    1. You can always sell the tome once you're done farming. That means that the tome isn't actually a -300m on your bank book, it's more like a 300m loan.

2. You can get 3.33 aps with Rank 8 without having a Tome. You see, 2.5 sparks to 3.33. And 2.5 takes everything except the Tome on a Rank 8 dagger.

3. You can't sell the Barrier Thorn: Nirvana, so that's a true -220m on your bank book, instead of a 300m loan, which in turn is essentially a 0 on the book.

4. 2.86 aps at Rank 8 is enough to permaspark on a Sage. 2.86 on a Demon leads to 4.0, which is permaspark as well. So really, it only comes down to having "more than enough" DPS. And whether "more than enough" justifies the cost of Nirvana, that's a personal question.

you cant sell the rank 8 weapon or armor either so saying that -220 mil from the daggers for nirvy is a negative its the same way for rank 8 you cant sell that either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you cant sell the rank 8 weapon or armor either so saying that -220 mil from the daggers for nirvy is a negative its the same way for rank 8 you cant sell that either.

Youd buy R8 anyway for the -int armor.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options

Yeah and Rank 8 totally is not the cheapest -interval in the game after TT99 pieces.

And you totally would not get Rank 8 just for the chest armor, right?

And the weapon itself only totally does not cost 2,000,000 coins?

And 2,000,000 in comparison to 220,000,000 totally isn't like, pocket change?

Yeah. I think I made my point.

The only real, noticeable permanent minuses from Rank 8 would come if you decided to refine it highly and shard it decently. Talking about more than +5 and 2x Perfect Garnets. But then again, a +10 Rank 8 dagger with 2x Garnet Gems is still cheaper than a blank Barrier Thorn: Nirvana and has more damage.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah and Rank 8 totally is not the cheapest -interval in the game after TT99 pieces.

And you totally would not get Rank 8 just for the chest armor, right?

And the weapon itself only totally does not cost 2,000,000 coins?

And 2,000,000 in comparison to 220,000,000 totally isn't like, pocket change?

Yeah. I think I made my point.

The only real, noticeable permanent minuses from Rank 8 would come if you decided to refine it highly and shard it decently. Talking about more than +5 and 2x Perfect Garnets. But then again, a +10 Rank 8 dagger with 2x Garnet Gems is still cheaper than a blank Barrier Thorn: Nirvana and has more damage.

doesnt mean nothing like i said if your gonna make a point about not being able to sell nirvy gear you should make the same comment about the r8 total costs.

anyways fip is just a troll he "quit" the game awhile ago telling everyone everyday to quit the game and yet here he is 100 somehow in just a month or 2. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver
    XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    2.86 aps at Rank 8 is enough to permaspark on a Sage. 2.86 on a Demon leads to 4.0, which is permaspark as well. So really, it only comes down to having "more than enough" DPS. And whether "more than enough" justifies the cost of Nirvana, that's a personal question.

you need a base of 3.33 to perma spark. you cant perma spark with a base of 2.86. even if it sparks into 4.00. i know this because im a 2.86 base that sparks into 4.00. its ALMOST perma but not quite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I don't understand whats so hard for you to understand that i cant understand why you don't understand me.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Speaking as a Seeker... gtfo with that r8 **** b:angry

My Nirvana dual swords were worth every coin and more b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye