Using crossover games to install...

Ryufu - Raging Tide
Ryufu - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Support Desk
I've been trying to install perfect world on my computer using Crossover games since I use a mac, but their installer they have for us to use is only the 'raging tide' version which is an old version of Perfect World I'm guessing since its 'Genesis' now. I tried downloading the old one, but it won't install the patches when I run it with Crossover Games.

Also, I tried running the .exe of the new version from this site using the unsupported Applications option to install it and that gives me the same problems except I can't install the patches so I can't play the game or it just fails to open anything...

I looked up tutorials to see what I was going wrong and such but there hasn't been anything I've seen that I've done differently.

I know I will get the answer such as: "don't use a mac." or "Download bootcamp or windows." I don't have that money, I need a better option.

If anyone is familiar with Crossover games, give me some ideas.

If there are easier ways to run PW on a mac, please tell me what I have to do.

Thank you..
;3
Post edited by Ryufu - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Ryufu - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    okay so after looking up a lot of information on this I've found a way to get into the game. When I am installing the old Rising Tide version of the game I just install patch two and then I can start playing the game.

The major problem is that Crossover and or PW during installation didn't give me an icon to click to play the game when I want when I DID have create a short cut on the desktop but it didn't. I also search in my finder for PW rising tide and when I look in the folder, there is usually a shortcut to the game in there, but it isn't even in there now.

Like WTF this means I have to reinstall the game every time I wanna play and that takes three hours to do.

Please people, give me some tech support on this. I frickin wanna play.
    ;3
  • Alakai - Heavens Tear
    Alakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What I can suggest is one of two things.
    Since I also use Crossover Games to play PWI, and I know what you mean. I suggest you either just live with having to reinstall it every week, or not play at all.

Next thing, I don't know how to fix everything else, however, the only problem I can remedy is, remember the day you installed PWI on, and reinstall it the day before you reinstalled it again.
  • Ryufu - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    I see can where that would be handy.

Crossover used to be very useful, but its gotten really sloppy with updates. :(
    ;3
  • demonstom
    demonstom Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    see what i wish what support would do it make a client for Linux and mac but sadly their not going to support it because they say that linux is to small of a environment so odds are u might be stuck with windows to play perfect world games. so pretty much i tryed to install arc and it works. but if u try to download the game out of arc the app will just crash so theirs nothing u can do even if i try dragging the game files off my ether computer the patcher wont work. besides lauching from the elementclinet.exe then the game will work but u will have to keep copying the game files off the ether pc to get the updated files so odds are SORRY LINUX USERS AND MAYBE MAC TO YOUR OUT OF LUCK TO PLAY PERFECT WORLD GAMES UNLESS U BAG SUPPORT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.b:surrender
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    demonstom wrote: »
    see what i wish what support would do it make a client for Linux and mac but sadly their not going to support it because they say that linux is to small of a environment so odds are u might be stuck with windows to play perfect world games. so pretty much i tryed to install arc and it works. but if u try to download the game out of arc the app will just crash so theirs nothing u can do even if i try dragging the game files off my ether computer the patcher wont work. besides lauching from the elementclinet.exe then the game will work but u will have to keep copying the game files off the ether pc to get the updated files so odds are SORRY LINUX USERS AND MAYBE MAC TO YOUR OUT OF LUCK TO PLAY PERFECT WORLD GAMES UNLESS U BAG SUPPORT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

demonstom replied to a message that was 1 year 11 months 10 days 2 hours 19 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.