Mystic sparks

Options
Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
So, yeah the eruption sparks similar to every other class right?

My question is, is the demon spark (500% magic damage) for mystics a typo like bm demon
spark saying it recovers mana or is it 700% like the sage spark.

b:thanks thanks kinda curious
Post edited by Kagizyu - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So, yeah the eruption sparks similar to every other class right?

My question is, is the demon spark (500% magic damage) for mystics a typo like bm demon
    spark saying it recovers mana or is it 700% like the sage spark.

b:thanks thanks kinda curious

All casters get the 700% bonus (except venos who get a slightly different sage spark). Apparently they messed this up as well. The typo for melees changed fairly recently, from what I can tell.

You can always test this by taking off your weapon and sparking. The dmg increase should be 700% of your base attack.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Options
    All casters get the 700% bonus (except venos who get a slightly different sage spark). Apparently they messed this up as well. The typo for melees changed fairly recently, from what I can tell.

You can always test this by taking off your weapon and sparking. The dmg increase should be 700% of your base attack.

I swear my bm still says mp recovery b:surrender but ill check again. I was also wondering because encyclo and ecatomb say 500% too.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Why can't it just be HP AND MP? Come on, there are some people who eat both like candy...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sarra: Considering how often my sin sits in stealth, yeah I normally have ~2-3k worth of mp crab in my inven, and then around ~1-2k of hp crab since he gets hit so harshly :'(

My Bm...rofl....I pop hp crab at an unreal rate.....*Literally 1 full frost, I used over 600 hp crab*

My psychic, don't use that much weirdly....but then again half the time I DON'T look at the mp bar, mainly cause i'm not used to a magic class XD

Rest of my classes ain't high enough to deal with crab meat, but i still pop pots like a mad man on a few of them.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I swear my bm still says mp recovery b:surrender but ill check again. I was also wondering because encyclo and ecatomb say 500% too.

No I mean that they screwed up the melee spark description a while ago. You're right in reading 700% and mp rec.

I take particular joy in watching lots of new 100 BMs/sins talk about 3spark giving 700% weapon dmg b:chuckle

Ecatomb is wrong in the normal skills database. The Sage/Demon lists are correct. I just checked PWCalc and they descriptions and dmg is correct...

Either way just test it in-game yourself and you'll see it's still calculating it correctly.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No I mean that they screwed up the melee spark description a while ago. You're right in reading 700% and mp rec.

I take particular joy in watching lots of new 100 BMs/sins talk about 3spark giving 700% weapon dmg b:chuckle

Ecatomb is wrong in the normal skills database. The Sage/Demon lists are correct. I just checked PWCalc and they descriptions and dmg is correct...

Either way just test it in-game yourself and you'll see it's still calculating it correctly.

Yeah i know what you mean about the hyper nubs e.e. Still can't read anything but x12.

And I'll check thanks
  • Noriliza - Sanctuary
    Noriliza - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    My Bm...rofl....I pop hp crab at an unreal rate.....*Literally 1 full frost, I used over 600 hp crab*

first off how is that even possible? you do realize thats literally 1 hour and 40 minutes of constant crab meat popping non-stop(yes i actually did some calculating to support this insane remark) I mean what was this full frost? solo with no bp or armor? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copied from the top of the forum ads, I knew this was really pwusa