Sage/Demon Yataghan Vortex mana cost bug

Darkmenacer - Archosaur
Darkmenacer - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
I am having a problem with the mana cost during the vortex, it says it will only cost 35 mana every 1.5 seconds yet it is taking 400+. Is anyone else having these issues with there sage/demon yataghan vortex?
Post edited by Darkmenacer - Archosaur on

Comments

• Darkmenacer - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    b:surrender anyway what i ment to ask was if the sage/demon vortex was costing more mana than it says it will
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    It is a known description error that has been out for a while. It will consume a **** ton of MP, kind of like an archers barrage, but what it is actually using is correct, they have just failed to fix the text for some time now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    it uses 435mana every 1.5 sec
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
    edited August 2011
    yes i know it consumes 435 but it says 35. If I would have known is was going to take 435 i probably wouldn't have spent the coin for this skill.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    yes i know it consumes 435 but it says 35. If I would have known is was going to take 435 i probably wouldn't have spent the coin for this skill.

it actually says 435 on top jsut the description is not full
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Considering the time when it used the MP cost as range....

Lesson of the day: Don't trust skill descriptions. It's consuming the MP it's supposed to, just PWI went and messed up what the skill says it should. Seriously, do you honestly think a skill like vortex should only consume 35 MP each time?
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You must be talking about the in-game description? I dont know - my seeker aint there yet, but in ECTACOMB the description says 435mp/1.5secs.....
    edited August 2011
    yes of course it should only take 35 mp each time because that is what the description stated. Simply because the seeker is a melee class and mana is not a main concern therefore the skill should not cost nearly as much. I mean the BB and RB only use 100 every second. Kind of stupid to have a constant melee skill cost more than a constant magic skill.
    edited August 2011
    i know the top says 435 but that is an initial mana cost
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i know the top says 435 but that is an initial mana cost

Go read your Wiz buff and imagine how broken it would be if it was correct. Triple spark and cast that on a melee.... O_O. Skills are often typod, dont take them at face value.

You skill is OP and needs a penalty, hence it costs a ****ing bucket of MP. Deal with it.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    yes of course it should only take 35 mp each time because that is what the description stated. Simply because the seeker is a melee class and mana is not a main concern therefore the skill should not cost nearly as much. I mean the BB and RB only use 100 every second. Kind of stupid to have a constant melee skill cost more than a constant magic skill.

This is not the first, nor second, nor third time that a class' skill description had displayed incorrect numbers, and seekers are not the first non-mage class to have a constant aoe skill that cost more than a constant magic skill. Demon/Sage BoA consumes 655 Mana every 3 seconds (a bit less than the cost of vortex over 3 secs), and their mana pool is no higher than the rest of the melee classes - have you not notice that too? Blood paint works with vortex, but not with BoA. So most archers/wizs uses hp foods along with mp foods. Vortex is not the most expensive constant aoe skill to use. I'll say their costs are some what balanced. Hp foods last I checked cost almost 3x that of mp foods.

If you have a hard time keeping the vortex up with just mp foods for some reason, use a plat mp charm along with the mp foods or wear an ornament that gives a decent amount of additional mp.
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    No continuous AOE skill in this game will take 35 mp per 1.5 sec at lvl 11 <.< Shouldn't even have to ask if its a typing/translate error or not since so obvious. Even level 1 Dragons Breath takes more than 35 mp per 1.5 sec. Loads of skills, quests, NPCs etc have a wrong description since people in charge of our patches apparently fail hard when translating from Chinese to English. Or they're just being clueless/lazy/sloppy like forgetting the "4" when its suppose to say 435.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This is not the first, nor second, nor third time that a class' skill description had displayed incorrect numbers, and seekers are not the first non-mage class to have a constant aoe skill that cost more than a constant magic skill. Demon/Sage BoA consumes 655 Mana every 3 seconds (a bit less than the cost of vortex over 3 secs), and their mana pool is no higher than the rest of the melee classes - have you not notice that too? Blood paint works with vortex, but not with BoA. So most archers/wizs uses hp foods along with mp foods. Vortex is not the most expensive constant aoe skill to use. I'll say their costs are some what balanced. Hp foods last I checked cost almost 3x that of mp foods.

If you have a hard time keeping the vortex up with just mp foods for some reason, use a plat mp charm along with the mp foods or wear an ornament that gives a decent amount of additional mp.

Actually Demon Barrage has 2.5 second intervals.

Also, Archer do have a bit more MP than the Heavy Armour classes, and BoA does half damage in melee range. MP foods should be enough if your spamming them non-stop (Barrage sometimes ends when I have ~540 MP even if I click an MP food before that).

Also, the initial MP cost is the cost per interval, as the first interval hits once the channeling is started (level 10 Barrage has a 540 'initial' cost, same as the interval cost, etacomb just hasn't updated that yet 0-o)
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Its only a little off-topic but if Demon/Sage BoA costs 655 every 3 seconds, how would archers keep it up for Delta? Is it possible to have enough mana to keep it going on platnium spirit charms alone? o.o

And for seekers, how do you keep your Demon/Sage vortex up? Would charms alone work? Sorry if I sound lazy, I played a cleric where I could fall asleep with BB up if charmed, and it spoiled me b:laugh.
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Its only a little off-topic but if Demon/Sage BoA costs 655 every 3 seconds, how would archers keep it up for Delta? Is it possible to have enough mana to keep it going on platnium spirit charms alone? o.o

And for seekers, how do you keep your Demon/Sage vortex up? Would charms alone work? Sorry if I sound lazy, I played a cleric where I could fall asleep with BB up if charmed, and it spoiled me b:laugh.

2223MP at 100 (5 mag, no +MP gear(archer)), charm ticks every 6 seconds starting on the first "tick" of the skill, with a 5 second cooldown. Should stay up on charm alone no problem, theres room for a third MP usage "tick" I think too.
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply :D
    edited August 2011
    ok when did i actually ask for an opinion on what the skill should cost? I was just stating the description is wrong stop making a fuss over it your acting like a bunch of spoilt children with nothing better to do.
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Right there, is where you made an opinion on what your idea of how much the skill should cost is. Everyone else, correctly, in my opinion, read you the riot act on how absolutely ridiculous 35 mp/tick would be on such a high damage aoe skill like vortex.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • Noesin - Sanctuary
    Noesin - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Kinda depressed now. Here i was thinkin the 35mp cost was the REAL reason to get the sage/demon version. Saw Ecatome say 435, but stayed optimistic in thinkin maybe they were wrong... Guess ill just have to stock up on mp herbs and such for when my seeker gets higher lvl. Thanks for clearin this up for me.
  • Omea - Lost City
    Omea - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Logic (which is void on all internet forums) should tell you that you don't suddenly lose ~90% of the mana cost when it doesn't state that you do as a bonus.
    How come, if someone asks a question in a forum, at least 13/20 posts answers the question in the same exact way, 5/20 word the exact same answer differently and 2/20 say something completely unrelated to both life and death?