Sanctuary World Chat 8/9 Issue...

Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
I'm absolutely sure Fuzzy or one of the other mods will come in and tell me (either in third or first person, doesn't really matter) to make a ticket. That's not really the point of this.

It is to illustrate that there is something going on, and it needs to be brought up to Frankie.

There were a few issues with WC today on Sanctuary. I will outline them as best I can.

1) For a good few hours, there has been a complete meltdown of WC. There has been rage, softcore ****, spam, and a LOT of personal insults.

2) It's not just one or two or 10 people so you can screencap their names and submit a ticket. If I screencapped everyone that was involved in this, I'd have 200 or so pictures to submit.

3) WorldChat was scrolling so fast, messages were 'falling off the edge of the world' (Vanishing at the end of the visible scroll log) after about 5 seconds at the worst part. NORMALLY, that takes around 30 minutes to however long the timeout is for the log (if you switch chat types).

4) People were intentionally scrolling to make it IMPOSSIBLE to use WC to find squads for BH, FCC, and to glitch Goons. While this didn't effect me personally, it did effect a large number of people, and I know that at least 5 people in my faction logged off early and did other things/played other games/went to bed early because they couldn't find squads.

In the past, I have repeatedly said that PWE needs to find some idiot to volunteer their time for an unpaid moderation position with some real powers. However, Frankie and the rest of the PWE staff have repeatedly ignored each and every attempt by every single person ever to suggest that, so I will simply post this 'information' here and leave it at this.

I'm not QQing, just pointing out to the staff that a **** storm hit WC tonight, and most likely, none of them are gonna have any kind of real clue that it even happened in the first place (and my guess is, this is gonna start becoming a regular occurrence). Good luck dealing with this, PWE. Please don't bring back the chat filter, it would have done nothing to stop what happened tonight.
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• JeffProbst - Heavens Tear
    JeffProbst - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What you described sounds like an average day for the HT server. But it really has become ridiculous at times and I understand you and your friend's agitation. I agree that something should be done to tone down the absurd amount of inane comments spewed in world chat every 5 seconds.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    What you described sounds like an average day for the HT server. But it really has become ridiculous at times and I understand you and your friend's agitation. I agree that something should be done to tone down the absurd amount of inane comments spewed in world chat every 5 seconds.

Huh?

There were between 5-10 messages a second from various different people, most of it either spam, rage, or softcore ****. Wasn't every 5 seconds like normal...

I think $500 worth of teles was used in a 20 minute period...

I'm not exaggerating either, it was above and beyond the normal stupidity of WC.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • jaxaether
    jaxaether Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm absolutely sure Fuzzy or one of the other mods will come in and tell me (either in third or first person, doesn't really matter) to make a ticket. That's not really the point of this.

It is to illustrate that there is something going on, and it needs to be brought up to Frankie.

There were a few issues with WC today on Sanctuary. I will outline them as best I can.

4) People were intentionally scrolling to make it IMPOSSIBLE to use WC to find squads for BH, FCC, and to glitch Goons. While this didn't effect me personally, it did effect a large number of people, and I know that at least 5 people in my faction logged off early and did other things/played other games/went to bed early because they couldn't find squads.

Aww, that's really too bad. People couldn't find squads to glitch goons. They must have been SO frustrated. Logged off early and everything. So instead of non-stop WC for bannable cheat squads, ppl were using teles to talk about other things.

Sorry, what was the problem again?
  • Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2011

1) For a good few hours, there has been a complete meltdown of WC. There has been rage, softcore ****, spam, and a LOT of personal insults.

2) It's not just one or two or 10 people so you can screencap their names and submit a ticket. If I screencapped everyone that was involved in this, I'd have 200 or so pictures to submit.

3) WorldChat was scrolling so fast, messages were 'falling off the edge of the world' (Vanishing at the end of the visible scroll log) after about 5 seconds at the worst part. NORMALLY, that takes around 30 minutes to however long the timeout is for the log (if you switch chat types).

In the past, I have repeatedly said that PWE needs to find some idiot to volunteer their time for an unpaid moderation position with some real powers. However, Frankie and the rest of the PWE staff have repeatedly ignored each and every attempt by every single person ever to suggest that, so I will simply post this 'information' here and leave it at this.

I'm not QQing, just pointing out to the staff that a **** storm hit WC tonight, and most likely, none of them are gonna have any kind of real clue that it even happened in the first place (and my guess is, this is gonna start becoming a regular occurrence). Good luck dealing with this, PWE. Please don't bring back the chat filter, it would have done nothing to stop what happened tonight.

Here my guess: GM hired random players to spam WC so no one can form Goon-glitch-squads! And there we are the long await Goon fix b:pleased
  • jaxaether
    edited August 2011
    Here my guess: GM hired random players to spam WC so no one can form Goon-glitch-squads! And there we are the long await Goon fix b:pleased

Nobody hired us. We did it with our own money and everything. Cause you know, not only glitch cheaters have money.b:thanks
    edited August 2011
    jaxaether wrote: »
    Aww, that's really too bad. People couldn't find squads to glitch goons. They must have been SO frustrated. Logged off early and everything. So instead of non-stop WC for bannable cheat squads, ppl were using teles to talk about other things.

Sorry, what was the problem again?

Uh... Wow. So, the 30-60 people who were quite obviously breaking the rules non-stop for 4+ hours are totally in the right for preventing pretty much everyone else on the server for using WC for legitimate reasons, just to prevent people from glitching goons? Okay, there's some kind of logic disconnect here. I suggest you put in an application at PWE, they need straight forward thinkers like you right away.

I really could care less about your attitude, but fact is, 3 people in my faction couldn't do BH Delta because they couldn't get a word in on WC for 3+ hours. You feel that that is an okay situation, then there's something wrong with you.

World Chat is a tool. It's a tool for socializing, finding squads, and spamming your wares to death/spamming WTB to death. Intentionally flooding it to prevent this is what happened, for several hours, nobody sold anything via WC, nobody did any socializing, and nobody found a squad for BH, legitimate FCC, TT, or Nirvana, nevermind glitching Goons. Take what you want from that... Next time you go looking for someone on WC to fill a spot in your FCC squad, I'll get 40 people to spam WC for 5 hours and see how you feel.

One person spammed 'Goons Goons Goons Goons' for around 30 minutes, so... Whatever.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited August 2011
    Nobody hired us. We did it with our own money and everything. Cause you know, not only glitch cheaters have money.b:thanks

How friggin many teles did you even use?

Wait, don't tell me, I don't really want to know. I'm willing to bet i could have bought a Lunar cape with what you spent today on teles though. b:shutup
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • jaxaether
    edited August 2011
    Uh... Wow. So, the 30-60 people who were quite obviously breaking the rules non-stop for 4+ hours are totally in the right for preventing pretty much everyone else on the server for using WC for legitimate reasons, just to prevent people from glitching goons? Okay, there's some kind of logic disconnect here. I suggest you put in an application at PWE, they need straight forward thinkers like you right away.

I really could care less about your attitude, but fact is, 3 people in my faction couldn't do BH Delta because they couldn't get a word in on WC for 3+ hours. You feel that that is an okay situation, then there's something wrong with you.

World Chat is a tool. It's a tool for socializing, finding squads, and spamming your wares to death/spamming WTB to death. Intentionally flooding it to prevent this is what happened, for several hours, nobody sold anything via WC, nobody did any socializing, and nobody found a squad for BH, legitimate FCC, TT, or Nirvana, nevermind glitching Goons. Take what you want from that... Next time you go looking for someone on WC to fill a spot in your FCC squad, I'll get 40 people to spam WC for 5 hours and see how you feel.

One person spammed 'Goons Goons Goons Goons' for around 30 minutes, so... Whatever.

On Sanc, WC stopped being a tool for doing anything other than forming cheat squads nearly a month ago. Four out of every five WCs are about forming or selling goons glitch squads.

Just because people felt like using WC for socializing and not cheating is no reason to get upset. Just turn it off. At least, that's what I've been told repeatedly when I speak up about the constant cheat posts, the absolute non-stop ever-present reminder that anything other than glitching goons is unimportant anymore to a large segment of the player base.

So if I want to spend a few teles to socialize with my friends on WC, I guess I'll do just that. Not breaking any rules, unlike the cheaters who won't give it a rest.
    edited August 2011
    On Sanc, WC stopped being a tool for doing anything other than forming cheat squads nearly a month ago. Four out of every five WCs are about forming or selling goons glitch squads.

Just because people felt like using WC for socializing and not cheating is no reason to get upset. Just turn it off. At least, that's what I've been told repeatedly when I speak up about the constant cheat posts, the absolute non-stop ever-present reminder that anything other than glitching goons is unimportant anymore to a large segment of the player base.

So if I want to spend a few teles to socialize with my friends on WC, I guess I'll do just that. Not breaking any rules, unlike the cheaters who won't give it a rest.

What happened tonight wasn't socializing.

If you WC looking for or forming a non-glitch FCC run, you will find people, especially for the 75-90 levels.

I have WC turned off 99% of the time unless I need something. Just turned it on tonight to see what the hell everyone was going on about.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited August 2011

God forbid someone would actually do something else beside jamming a hotkey *gasp*

So many people get taken the **** out of if they qq about the reoccuring fact they cant get a squad because they are undergeared, do not have sufficient aps or aren't a "DD".
    Get told to check their FL, faction or find other means to get a squad.

I'm sorry... 5 people = 1 person short of a squad. never mind the fact they more like logged on and off at different times, yet still; what stopped them from looking in their friendslist and ask: "crazy sh*t this WC, huh ? wanna form a squad for XXXX? or know some people who would?"

And you now... there's chatboxes too... they aren't affected by WC.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2011

I LOL'd IRL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    <__< I'm more concerned over the glitch spam in wc lately than anything else. Although, yesterday, I do admit that there was a lot of 'conversation' that got away from the constant "WTS/WTB glitch pl0x", and for once...wc wasn't a headache inducing eyesore. b:chuckle It was rather amusing, honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Impossible To Use Wc To Find Squads To Glitch Goons.

Oh Noes!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2011
    Ahh yes, not being able to find a 5mil spot in a squad for 30-45 minutes of glitched goons for those 1-70 people. That sucks.

Seriously though, if you blacklist the majority of the offenders, it fixes the issue real fast. And if it bothered you that much, you would take the time to take a few, (say 10), screenshots and submit a ticket. Sure not much will happen even if the GM's actually work on it. Offenders will likely only get a 3-hour ban. But maybe, just maybe, it will motivate someone to actually do some work in-game and watch WC a bit more. (in our dreams.) When GM's were a lot more active in-game on the servers, stuff like this didn't happen. You'd see red text, and shortly the offender either shut up, or was taken care of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sarra..probably should have left the goon glitch bit out.....cause they all gonna poke at it, rather than point of the post...

but yeah wc on sanctuary has been really bad.. Sanctuary is being saturated with some new breed of *******s lately.

Not that I care though, since I moved to HT..
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Uhm yeah can always blacklist idiots or turn off world chat. Why do people go and play a game and want to censor/babysit others? You have options, use them.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well, the problem with that is blacklist is too small for sanctuary. Trust me, I do know this for a fact and anyone can agree that it's not big enough. The more you blist, the more new idiots pop up. It is THAT BAD.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    We really need more space in the BL, mine is always full >.>, also i keep wc off, at least piece and quiet.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    That's true. Would be nice if PW would get off it's *** and increase the size of blacklist.
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I LOL'd IRL

+1

Learn2BL
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Irae - Harshlands
    Irae - Harshlands Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There has been rage, softcore ****, spam, and a LOT of personal insults.

looks like someone's a prude

also, you point out that perhaps $500 worth of teles was used in 20 minutes. And you think PWI wants to STOP this?

Also no one cares
  • RoughFur - Momaganon
    RoughFur - Momaganon Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    To Sarrafeline:

I'm sorry that your thread has been hijacked by a number of trolls who don't seem to appreciate the main purpose of it.

Sadly, the only real solution for now is to use the Blacklist feature and hope (above all hope!) that this comes to the attention of someone in a position to do something about it.

As for Irae's post above...I think PWI will be somewhat concerned about this, because it's a turn-off for many potential customers to spend far greater amounts on their game!
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Aw man, someones butthurt he can't glitch goons b:chuckle

You know, I've seen way worse in wc at times lol And that wasn't spam but real nonsense or stupid insults thrown around. Blacklist is your friend.

And think logically. Do you think those people can keep it up forever? Very very unlikely. lol

Also WTB> Unlimited blacklist, would be useful if you had someone on your *** who keeps making new chars to threaten and insult you even after you told them to gtfo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This is what happens when there's a complete lack of GM presence ingame. London riots for example, a rioter was asked why he's doing this, he replied "Cos I can". It's the same concept ingame b:bye Extreme example I know lol.

When was the lastime you saw a GM being a GM? As in moderating the game inside the game, and keeping order so to speak. Coming online to sort out someone's ticket issue isn't what I mean. I remember about 18 months ago I saw a GM tell people to keep WC clean. When GMs were really GMs .....
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Goon squads from WC are probably fail anyway.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Fenora - Sanctuary
    Fenora - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I quite enjoyed that ppl were unable to wc for goons and heads squads b:chuckle
  • Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary
    Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I would not have minded if the spammers werent pretentious pricks like jax there or actually had a sense of humor.

Also um, how dare you do anything but rampantly hate on goon squads? Ya i really dont give a **** about the glitch, most people cant even abuse it well
    I give up on beign a blademaster. Gonna go wave my tranny **** around and pew pew.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    this thread is a perfect example of how many people dont know how to read <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sounds like just another day on harshlands.
    Unban me.
  • TnTn - Sanctuary
    TnTn - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    this thread is a perfect example of how many people dont know how to read <3

I know how to readdddddddddddddddddd

1 fish 2 fist red fish blue fish
This discussion has been closed.