Alternative R9 Sharding?

Options
Kerona - Sanctuary
Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Psychic
Heya fellow Psyfishies :)

Here on Sanctuary DoDs are reaching up to the 27 mil ea range so I'm wondering what are other sharding situations people have used/considered and how they have worked out for you. In particular I'm a TW oriented Psy, so need as much protection as I can eek out of the gear without full JOSD.

I have a lot of sockets to fill b:dirty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kerona - Sanctuary on

Comments

• negativereaction
    negativereaction Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Heya fellow Psyfishies :)

Here on Sanctuary DoDs are reaching up to the 27 mil ea range so I'm wondering what are other sharding situations people have used/considered and how they have worked out for you. In particular I'm a TW oriented Psy, so need as much protection as I can eek out of the gear without full JOSD.

I have a lot of sockets to fill b:dirty

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html

the answer to your question

by the way, without even putting in your stats, i can tell you that if you are fighting anyone worthwhile - i.e. other r9s, so you frequently find yourself in black voodoo - the answer will still be full JOSD.

if for some bizarre reason you stay in white voodoo all the time, because of diminishing returns, full DoT can work too. just note that you will drop like a rock if you ever have to switch to black (and unless you're fighting a bunch of r8s, you will need to) or get purged.

if those are really not an option:

1- wait till next pack craze, i.e. new pack release with a new mount, so people will start opening them again and DoD will be more abundant
    2- vit stones, or if you absolutely must, some combination of citrine and garnet gems (both of which tend to be slightly worse on average than vit stones unless your necklace really sucks).
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    With my current stats the calc actually returns Vit Gems as the best option, which I find interesting. b:laugh

Do you reckon the minimal defense you get from vit gems is worth the loss of hp you would get from cit gems? And as response to your mention of neck, I have a Cube necky, Vain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • negativereaction
    edited August 2011
    Options
    With my current stats the calc actually returns Vit Gems as the best option, which I find interesting. b:laugh

Do you reckon the minimal defense you get from vit gems is worth the loss of hp you would get from cit gems? And as response to your mention of neck, I have a Cube necky, Vain.

unless you're entering your stats with white voodoo, it should still be returning jades. either that, or you have terribly low hp refines on your gear and desperately need the hp from vit stones.

and yes, vit stones tend to be better than citrines, albeit more expensive.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Vit Stones better than Citrine Gems on an AA class? Rofl. No way. You gain like what, 30-60 pdef or something? I don't know the actual number but Vit Stones are really more expensive and it's not exactly worth getting those for a Psychic if you ask me. If you want hp just get Gems.

I laugh when I see a Psychic with Vit Stones. Sharding with Citrine and Garnet Gems is just far better if you're going this way.

I personally find it boring how every single high geared Psychic has the EXACT same gear.. but well.. it's just the game I guess.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Vit Stones better than Citrine Gems on an AA class? Rofl. No way. You gain like what, 30-60 pdef or something? I don't know the actual number but Vit Stones are really more expensive and it's not exactly worth getting those for a Psychic if you ask me. If you want hp just get Gems.

I laugh when I see a Psychic with Vit Stones. Sharding with Citrine and Garnet Gems is just far better if you're going this way.

I personally find it boring how every single high geared Psychic has the EXACT same gear.. but well.. it's just the game I guess.

for garnet gems to be better than vit stone, you'd need somewhere around 24k+ unbuffed hp.

for citrine gem to be better than vit stone, you'd need somewhere around 2k-3k unbuffed hp.

not sure whats so funny about vit stones. I always laugh when I see people shard garnets and citrine gems in g12+ armor
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • negativereaction
    edited August 2011
    Options
    for garnet gems to be better than vit stone, you'd need somewhere around 24k+ unbuffed hp.

for citrine gem to be better than vit stone, you'd need somewhere around 2k-3k unbuffed hp.

not sure whats so funny about vit stones. I always laugh when I see people shard garnets and citrine gems in g12+ armor

this man knows what he is talking about, except that citrine vs vit also depends a bit on pdef as well. but in most builds, vit stones are (slightly) better.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Why?

/10char
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hmmm, so basically we're comparing....

This cit build...

and this vit build

is that correct? (Forgive me it's 6 am...)

Loss of 500 hp versus the gain of 800 pdef... (fully buffed lvl 11)

To me it seems like apples or oranges. Can anyone justify one over the other :O?

Garnet Build for reference...

aaaaaand here's what I'm beginning to look at based on feedback.
    Keeping in mind price of DoDs...
    I like the PDEF of the vit build as mostly it's those pesky R9 archers that get me in the end, but I wanted to maintain some hp while adding in a solid JOSD base. Input?

Thinking realistically though, I feel that I die to Ruvil's thundershock more than physical attacks 8D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'd vote for Primeval/Stone of the Savant but Citrines are around 25m and vit stones are 40m so it depends on yout budget. :D
    edit lol : Hmm the garnet build looks cool 7k+ phy def - 3k HP and those archers really hurt so i'd advise you to use some garnets if not the full garnet build
    btw i've never been a fan of garnets but they would be useful in TW ^^
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I've had immacs in my r9 for months. amidoinitrite?
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    As long as it glows, man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i vote for cit gems over vit stones. 500 hp > 2% physical damage difference full buffed. and the 10's of millions youll save in price... now to change the subject.... did you really get r9 since ive been gone?
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Erm, yes, I did D:

Today someone suggested to me cit gems and +11 neck as 150 mil cheaper than vit gems with the same result. Gotta rehash my gem scheme -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AckIes - Sanctuary
    AckIes - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Do whatever you feel is best. Since its endgame, I'd make it a mission to slowly but surely get JOSDs in every socket....it will give you something to work towards.

Its crazy how fast the prices skyrocketed. When I started collecting JOSDs it was running me about 5-8mil per DOD, by the time I was done (last 3 JOSDs) it was 15-18mil per DOD.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Do whatever you feel is best. Since its endgame, I'd make it a mission to slowly but surely get JOSDs in every socket....it will give you something to work towards.

Its crazy how fast the prices skyrocketed. When I started collecting JOSDs it was running me about 5-8mil per DOD, by the time I was done (last 3 JOSDs) it was 15-18mil per DOD.

8D It's now 40 mil on Sanc per DoD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]