AMD Radeon

amortin
amortin Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Support Desk
Hi all,

i'm about to buy a new Laptop and wondered if anyone knows if this graphics chipset will run Perfect world? laptop meets all other specs just not sure about the card.

Thanks

Mort
Post edited by amortin on

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What's the exact model?
  • amortin
    edited August 2011
    AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The game should run with no problem, then b:victory
  • amortin
    edited August 2011
    Thanks very much b:pleased
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    heck, that card should be better than my own AMD 5570 --- and mine runs the game just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Della_Brown - Heavens Tear
    Della_Brown - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    heck, that card should be better than my own AMD 5570 --- and mine runs the game just fine.
    A dedicated 5570 would be faster, with a faster CPU. Most likely, this will be a light notebook, or netbook, and not have a high enough resolution to worry about it.

If it is an E-350, with a 1366x768 or smaller display, then the OP is in very good shape. If an E-240, go up to a E-350. A C-50 would be OK, to get extra battery life, but be quite a bit slower (still much better than an Atom, if you count games/3D).
    "adults on HT is an ancient myth used to scare away the kids from stealing their parents credit cards D:" - Santacruz
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just know laptops are not as good as desktops and they are x2 the price :]
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2011

No, it wont. The 6310 is one of AMD's new Fusion APU's (CPU and GPU in one chip). It features 80 stream processors and uses the computers ram as it's own whereas the 5570 features 400 stream processors and 1gb of dedicated ram, it's practically 4 times faster than the 6310 in terms of specifications. In gaming comparison, we're looking at about 680% performance boost with a 5570.
    edited August 2011
    I just know laptops are not as good as desktops and they are x2 the price :]

That used to be the case a few years ago but now that gaming laptops are becoming more mainstream prices have dropped. Today we can get a laptop with a 2nd generation, high-end i7 coupled with a GTX460M for $1,600 or we can get a desktop with a mid-range 1st generation i7 coupled with a GTS450 for $1,200 and both will perform on par with each other.
  • Della_Brown - Heavens Tear
    Della_Brown - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    No, it wont. The 6310 is one of AMD's new Fusion APU's (CPU and GPU in one chip). It features 80 stream processors and uses the computers ram as it's own whereas the 5570 features 400 stream processors and 1gb of dedicated ram, it's practically 4 times faster than the 6310 in terms of specifications. In gaming comparison, we're looking at about 680% performance boost with a 5570.
    To elaborate on the point more generally:
    5570 v. 6310 is not 6310 > 5570, but more 5 > 3.
    The model numbers are arbitrary. Within a series, a higher model is generally superior. So, 6450 < 6570 < 6670 <6770 < 6850 < 6870 < 6950, and so on, but that does not directly translate into anything that can be directly compared to any 5-series GPUs. There are generational improvements, but each generation has models to cover every market niche possible. The use of Radeon HD model numbers within the Fusion CPU model numbers adds a bit of wrench to things, but they haven't gone and used any confusing numbering, as of yet (IE, a model number that would indicate significant superiority over a dedicated card, for IGP that can't **** it).

Within a given series, the higher 2nd digit and on will generally be faster, but a newer generation does not necessarily mean faster. If you're looking at mobile GPUs, it can get even more confusing, with model numbering being even more arbitrary, and nVidia can be even worse about it.
    "adults on HT is an ancient myth used to scare away the kids from stealing their parents credit cards D:" - Santacruz
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    PWI utilizes almost 0% of your graphics card. Your CPU's clock speed is more relevant.
    edited August 2011
    PWI utilizes almost 0% of your graphics card. Your CPU's clock speed is more relevant.

I beg to differ. I've monitored my GPU and CPU before, PWI has one of my cores running at 25% and my GPU runs at 30% load and uses 400MB of it's memory. So graphic cards are a key factor, I should also mention that CPU clock speeds are irrelevant. For instance, a PD overclocked at 4.2Ghz or even a Phenom II 955BE overclocked at 3.8Ghz is going to have worse single threaded performance than an Intel i3 that runs at 3.1Ghz. CPU performance depends heavily on architecture, features (SSE etc.) and it's cache, not it's clock speed.