mega lag

Mlke - Lost City
Mlke - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Support Desk
for like the past week or so i been lagging real bad on pwi, Ive done many things to try and fix it, Ive reset my wireless router, reset it to factory state even, i got a new power supply, a new video card, cleaned all the dust out of my PC, uninstalled all the useless stuff on my PC, and my computer will be the only thing connected to the internet, i even downloaded this thing called game-booster that shuts off things in the background to boost fps, Ive done soooooo many things, my wireless says i got 5 bars, excellent connection and internet speed of 11-18 mbps, and still on pwi i will have 200ms (if im standing completely still doing nothing at all not even typing) and it will randomly jump to 1,000 ms, and if i move around or talk in chat (faction, squad, normal, world, etc) i will jump from 200ms - 23,000+ms, and even with game-booster and everything closed that isnt pwi, im only getting about 20fps, my new power supply is 550W and my new video card is NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, i herd i should be able to play crysis 2 with max graphics with that video card, my wireless is a broadcom 802.11g network adaptor, idk whats wrong, i cant find any problems, im hoping sumone can help, ty if u read this long post
Post edited by Mlke - Lost City on

Comments

• whyamihereidk
    whyamihereidk Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I have exact situation, did all that you did! I have played for 2 years and never had lag. After they added new server, things went downhill. I really don't know if that is a coincidence or something to it. I still can't figure out what is happening but next step is Hewlett packard , I guess, to see if my computer is crapping out. I don't get high ping, I just go into slow motion for about 3 minutes. Could be our graphics can't handle it, but, like I said ...never had problems before, this computer only 1 year old. Sorry . I can't be more help but at least your not alone.b:chuckle
  • XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    That's to do with your ISP - either change ISP or call them up.

Oh, double check that your ISP isn't running you through a proxy which can be found in internet settings (option tab on all web browsers)