Is there a 2x Drop/Exp?

mahalxa
mahalxa Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
As my title above, I'm just wondering if there is a 2x Exp/Drop event gonna happen soon or is it just a rumor?... Considering the German/French have their 2x Exp/Drop already going on.

b:thanks Would be nice if we are getting the same Event.b:cute
Post edited by mahalxa on

Comments

• Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    frankie has stated that there will be no 2x exp while the frost glitch is still available. That said...we will never have 2x exp again.
  • mahalxa
    edited August 2011
    frankie has stated that there will be no 2x exp while the frost glitch is still available. That said...we will never have 2x exp again.

Do you have the thread about that discussion?... I couldn't seems to find it, and what about Drops? b:surrender
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Because the differance in a 12x and 13x multiplier on goonz is so huge?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    No one's being ignored, bloody_fox, we're just working out how exactly to do this. First I had to verify that you were right in the first place. Remember, we did have 2x on the weekend at the end of the attacks, so those were part of the original compensation. However, you're right that no further compensation as promised by the email was actually given.

So it looks like what we will be doing is taking a time when we would normally turn on 2x (Like for a holiday weekend or expansion release), and then have it run for a few days longer than it usually would. Due to the fc glitch, though, we're a bit wary of turning on 2x before we can get a fix in.

We'll definitely let you know when it's coming.

Ill edit in the link in a sec, my copy pasting abilities blow.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14072241&mode=linear#post14072241
  • mahalxa
    edited August 2011
    Ill edit in the link in a sec, my copy pasting abilities blow.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14072241&mode=linear#post14072241

Ok, I read the post and I myself don't get the the heck <_< was that thread all about.. it didn't say much about "we're not getting 2x drop because of the Goonz Glitched."b:sadb:surrender I appreciated though that you linked it to meb:laugh

P.S a 2x Drop would be nice :\
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Because the differance in a 12x and 13x multiplier on goonz is so huge?
    That's what I said like a week ago..

I wish they'd be fricken honest for a change.
  • mahalxa
    edited August 2011
    b:cry meh... a 2x Drop would be niceb:surrender

....forget the EXP! b:angry
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited August 2011

I don't see frankie saying that anywhere, and here is a link to the search by user by post, checked every post within several weeks. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?searchid=45915111&pp=25

Tell me if I am missing something.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    I don't see frankie saying that anywhere, and here is a link to the search by user by post, checked every post within several weeks. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?searchid=45915111&pp=25

Tell me if I am missing something.
    Wow.. and someone outright quoted frankie in post #5 (with a fricken link if you followed the red bullet in the quote), which ironically is roughly 14 posts down from the top in your own search results link.

I mean, I dunno what to say if you can't read what's plainly right in front of you.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    frankie has stated that there will be no 2x exp while the frost glitch is still available.

As if that's our fault.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    As if that's our fault.

No, but it is the fault of those exploiting it. You have them to thank for the delay.b:chuckle
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    No, but it is the fault of those exploiting it. You have them to thank for the delay.b:chuckle

Gee, if only you would put a level cap on that instance, people wouldn't be exploiting it as often as they are, selling them for 400k a pop. I'm sure if you stuck it at...oh I dunno...level 75, (which is where FC is introduced storyline-wise) you would see the number of exploiters drop like the pants of a desperate h00ker.
    .....but that would be fixing something. Heaven forbid you do that. b:chuckle
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited August 2011

so what your saying is that ther will be no penatly for the ppl who have already lvled to 105 from the glitch... but your soon going to fix it so that ppl cannt reach 105 if they would like to use it later on? b/c yall were lazy and didnt wanna fix it when it was 1st discovered and the damage is done? hurry fast... i need a barb (pro barb)... seeker... ummmm who else... bm ya a bm no wait 2 bm's... cleric and hypers... o noooooo who has the hypers... anyone of yall r9? this would be easier im sure... b:shutup i must get to lvl 105...
    edited August 2011
    So as has been iterated for the umpteenth time:

1) Negligible difference between 12.5x and 13x, given it's being abused to hell already.

2) They can do 2x drops instead of XP, which won't make **** for a difference in terms of dragoon glitch abuse -- surely they aren't this stupid to overlook the fact that most people want 2x for drops and not XP.

Obviously any person without their head up their *** isn't going to buy this explanation.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2011

That's like leaving your front door unlocked then blaming your neighbors because your TV is gone.
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Gee, if only you would put a level cap on that instance, people wouldn't be exploiting it as often as they are, selling them for 400k a pop. I'm sure if you stuck it at...oh I dunno...level 75, (which is where FC is introduced storyline-wise) you would see the number of exploiters drop like the pants of a desperate h00ker.
    .....but that would be fixing something. Heaven forbid you do that. b:chuckle

Why do people always get volunteer Moderators confused with full-time-pay GMs?b:surrender

That's like leaving your front door unlocked then blaming your neighbors because your TV is gone.

Your point being...? So you make a mistake, and someone takes advantage of it... That makes it the person's fault who made the mistake? Man, must be a hard knock life for you.
    edited August 2011
    Why do people always get volunteer Moderators confused with full-time-pay GMs?b:surrender
    The same reason you pick conveniently easy posts to respond to? b:surrender
  • JeffProbst - Heavens Tear
    JeffProbst - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Because you have a fancy avatar?
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    The same reason you pick conveniently easy posts to respond to? b:surrender

I answer posts to which I know the answer. I refuse to make a fool of myself by arguing semantics on something I don't fully understand. The people you guys want to take your questions to regarding game mechanics are the GMs, rather than trying to trap me in a maze of words.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited August 2011

I wasn't saying specifically *YOU* Kritty; you know how much I love you. I think you're aware of the people I refer to when I say: "You guys need to fix this."

Are you leveling your Seeker yet? I swear you are the world's slowest leveler. b:embarrass
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Q_Q
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    I wasn't saying specifically *YOU* Kritty; you know how much I love you. I think you're aware of the people I refer to when I say: "You guys need to fix this."

Are you leveling your Seeker yet? I swear you are the world's slowest leveler. b:embarrass

I've actually been beta-testing Rusty Hearts for the last few days, though I swear I'll get back on soon... hit max level so far with the only character I'm interested in.b:chuckle
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    I've actually been beta-testing Rusty Hearts for the last few days, though I swear I'll get back on soon... hit max level so far with the only character I'm interested in.b:chuckle

b:angry I better not have solo'd all those friggin BH 39's for no reason or imma rip off your face and throw it halfway across the map.

Q_Q
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    b:angry I better not have solo'd all those friggin BH 39's for no reason or imma rip off your face and throw it halfway across the map.

Oh yeah...you died a few times, eh?b:surrender
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Oh yeah...you died a few times, eh?b:surrender

b:cry Curse you exploding mobs, curse you.

Q_Q
    edited August 2011
    I answer posts to which I know the answer. I refuse to make a fool of myself by arguing semantics on something I don't fully understand. The people you guys want to take your questions to regarding game mechanics are the GMs, rather than trying to trap me in a maze of words.
    Well guess who's here trying to defend/give an explanation for something they don't fully understand? That's you. I thought it was common wisdom that if you don't know enough about a subject you probably stay away from it. You put yourself out there and when confronted with responses from those who do understand about this subject you take the easyway out and go "but I'm not a GM!". Well then, let the GM answer or someone else who does know what they're talking about, duh?
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    *stuff*
    Janus, don't you have kittens to go punt off a tall building or something? Shoo.

Q_Q
    edited August 2011
    Janus, don't you have kittens to go punt off a tall building or something? Shoo.
    I was punting them right into your skillet -- so much for appreciation.

/nice troll.

Edit: Oh hai there Born_Free. I figured it was you given nobody but yourself would ever quote you with high esteem. Nice patting self on the back though. b:cute
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Your point being...? So you make a mistake, and someone takes advantage of it... That makes it the person's fault who made the mistake? Man, must be a hard knock life for you.

If I leave my door unlocked and got robbed, yeah I'm partially to blame. But I won't start punching everyone I see on the street because they *could have* been the one stole my TV.
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    If I leave my door unlocked and got robbed, yeah I'm partially to blame. But I won't start punching everyone I see on the street because they *could have* been the one stole my TV.

But you also don't go out giving away free TVs to everyone, because they weren't the one who stole it. Just a thought...
    edited August 2011
    But you also don't go out giving away free TVs to everyone, because they weren't the one who stole it. Just a thought...
    I'm confused, so are you saying in your bizarre analogy that PW is giving free levels to people during their next 2x? Because I thought players had to go out and actually earn the XP themselves.