A real life PWI wedding

Options
AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I am unsure whether or not i am in the right forum but i suppose as the forum description says: " Anything Pw related" it fits here.

Let me start off by saying that i feel this is moreso a question/request to Frankie but i suppose also a general question.

Me and my fiance met nearly 2 years ago on pwi and inbetween all the questing, hassle of TT running, bh's boss and mob killing, He proposed to me inside the game.
not just to get married in game but also in real life.

Now, 2 years later i am actually by his side and are making the preperations for our big day.
Alot of things speak for itself but the one thing we could not agree on was the cake and caketopping.
Then it dawned on me. Wouldn't it be epic to have our characters as a cake topping decoration!?
Now here's the actual question.
Frankie, is it possible to arrange something so that me and my fiance could get our characters formed into figurines/statues?

Or the question in general, would anyone know of someone/company that could turn our characters into figurines/statues?

I know that it is possible, cause with the FW newest expansion there is an action figurine available to be won as a prize.

Now i'm also aware that alot can be done with cake itself. But me and the fiance were hoping that if this were possible we'd have something as a memento to our weddingday (next to ofcourse the pictures and obvious ringed finger XD lol ) but also something to symbolize how we met in the first place.

Please do not pass this off as a poor attempt to talk to anyone with actual influence within PWI. Nor pass it off as a joke. I can asure you it really, really isn't!
Even if you could tell us why it could not be possible through you guys or what we could do through other companies or have to do regarding copyright issues?
It would mean a lot to us !

Thank you in advance.
Regards, my fiance, Solar_one and I.
All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
"ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
Post edited by AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary on

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    First off, congratulations! Have you tried contacting local artists around your area who can sculpt your characters based on pictures? I'm sure it is possible to do.

If I remember correctly, the official merchandise (including the figurine) is made in China, so I'm not sure if there's anything PWE could do. I think your best chance is to look online for a place that could get this done for you for a fee, or even local artists around you.

Good luck!
  • IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver
    IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nice! congrats to you both! Im sure somewhere out there ur toons can be sculpted. Perhaps taking SS of multiple angles would help the artist. GOODLUCK!!!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm happy for both of you! That is going to be me someday too^^.
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wow b:victory Congrats!

b:chuckle Hope there's no bugs in your marriage quest b:cute
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    @shelly: Ty and i figured the original figurines were manufactured in china, it's why i thought it would be more so a question to frankie considering he, or i suppose pwi's spokesperson between pwi and pwc could put in the request.
    Reason we first thought of asking here was that were really looking for quality work, considering were not really planning on EVER getting married after this one, it's got to be -just- right. Next to that it would just be amazing to have such a figurine, not just only for the wedding but also as a memento. PWI really is the reason why and where we met. I used to live in Holland, he flew all the way from australia to come and take me with him.
    Pwi was and still is a big part of our life and somewhere i feel it will always be.

@Silest: I'm sure of it Silest! ^^

@SQUISH: Solar actually lol'd good one XD (He says he'll submit a ticket if there is. XD)
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Sooo..

How many exes will show to the wedding?

Wonder if the brides maids kill eachother, ragequit faction, ***** and complain when you toss the flowers? b:laugh
    re
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    First of all, congrats!

Second, try here http://coolcustomfigurines.com

Third, will your guests get mirages or random dyes as wedding favors?
  • Solar_one - Sanctuary
    Solar_one - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    hey all thankyou for all your replies we will look into all of them .

@ WillowGirl we had a look at the link you gave us TY will look a bit more tomorrow ( getting late here)

@ ReMakaBo LOL maybe i should try to get a hold of some real charms keep myself safe XD

@ Silest thankyou good to know your still around ( Im sure it will be you one day )

As my fiance said we are just hope we can find a place that will do a great job making the
    figurines/statues .

Once again thankyou and we will also let you know if we get them made and when the big day is b:pleased
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is pretty hardcore...........and I like it! >:]

Grats on you both. :]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Congratulations :) I envy u
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wow congrats~
    That is so sweet that he went to go get you from Holland.
    Good luck to the both of you.
    Can't wait to hear about how the wedding goes. Should be interesting. =P
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My Consideration...i m serious..
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Congratulations to the both of you! I have seen PWI bring many couples together, and I believe that is one of the many wonders of internet gaming :-)

I watch Food Network alot and wedding shows quite a bit, as my own wedding is due in the near future, and this company was featured on one of those such shows if I remember correctly. As you can see, they specialize in custom cake toppers, and they even have experience in the fantasy/sci-fi/anime/cartooney kind!

Best wishes to you both!

http://artisancakecompany.com/toppers/
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I used to live in Holland, he flew all the way from australia to come and take me with him.
    Pwi was and still is a big part of our life and somewhere i feel it will always be.

What's with Australia these days? b:laugh I swear, they must be drinking something in the water to make them prince charming's b:cute
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Grats you two, that's pretty awesome and creative.

Esco and I were thinking about making our wedding colors our PWI signature colors, but I told him that bright green and purple doesn't exactly look good. b:surrender
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Congrats, wish you both happy lifetime spent together.
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Congratz to the soon-to-be married couple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I am unsure whether or not i am in the right forum but i suppose as the forum description says: " Anything Pw related" it fits here.

Let me start off by saying that i feel this is moreso a question/request to Frankie but i suppose also a general question.

Me and my fiance met nearly 2 years ago on pwi and inbetween all the questing, hassle of TT running, bh's boss and mob killing, He proposed to me inside the game.

Now, 2 years later i am actually by his side and are making the preperations for our big day.
    Alot of things speak for itself but the one thing we could not agree on was the cake and caketopping.
    Then it dawned on me. Wouldn't it be epic to have our characters as a cake topping decoration!?
    Frankie, is it possible to arrange something so that me and my fiance could get our characters formed into figurines/statues?

Or the question in general, would anyone know of someone/company that could turn our characters into figurines/statues?

I know that it is possible, cause with the FW newest expansion there is an action figurine available to be won as a prize.

Now i'm also aware that alot can be done with cake itself. But me and the fiance were hoping that if this were possible we'd have something as a memento to our weddingday (next to ofcourse the pictures and obvious ringed finger XD lol ) but also something to symbolize how we met in the first place.

Please do not pass this off as a poor attempt to talk to anyone with actual influence within PWI. Nor pass it off as a joke. I can asure you it really, really isn't!
    Even if you could tell us why it could not be possible through you guys or what we could do through other companies or have to do regarding copyright issues?

Thank you in advance.

First off .

Congratulations !!! May your life be filled in happiness !! b:victory

Second.

Your story was very touching and nice and made me remember what situation i'm in.
    I also met my love in game. We got married in game and I've been trying since a year now to get by her side..

Problem is.. She is american and I am canadian.. I do not have a up to date passport and after 1/2 year of trying to get all needed (Had expired ID, not my brith certificate, mail troubles, you name it..) .. I finally got denied by the governement for my passport application.

For what ?

A very small offense that gave me a very very small criminal history in 1997.. Now I have to ask for forgivness, get that erased and re-ask for passport. So even though me and my gf do talk to each other by phone, msn, cam and in game, it does push us almost a year more before finally meeting each other b:sad

Hope our story finishes as nice as yours though :)

Still keeping hope...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Look at all the congrats and best wishes, i feel all fuzzy and warm inside b:cute

Idk if i can come up with a decent reply to all of you, considering i seriously -just- woke up and maybe i should wait till the coffee kicks in but i'm persistant to write something... NAOW XD
    Congratulations to the both of you! I have seen PWI bring many couples together, and I believe that is one of the many wonders of internet gaming :-)

I watch Food Network alot and wedding shows quite a bit, as my own wedding is due in the near future, and this company was featured on one of those such shows if I remember correctly. As you can see, they specialize in custom cake toppers, and they even have experience in the fantasy/sci-fi/anime/cartooney kind!

Best wishes to you both!

http://artisancakecompany.com/toppers/

Wow, thank you, that one will go into the folder to be looked into!
    Grats on your wedding too ^^
    What's with Australia these days? b:laugh I swear, they must be drinking something in the water to make them prince charming's

Well, i'm not sure about the water but he's definately a prince charming; if bringing me coffee every morning and leaving little post-it love notes everywhere counts?

Grats you two, that's pretty awesome and creative.

Esco and I were thinking about making our wedding colors our PWI signature colors, but I told him that bright green and purple doesn't exactly look good.

Hey, A wedding can be ANY color you want. I've seen rainbow colored themed wedding. A groom in blue and a bride in bright flippen pink *shudders at that thought*
    And i've even seen a woman wear a green-ish/purple dress.

It's both of your day, bugger it what the masses say!

First off .

Second.

Your story was very touching and nice and made me remember what situation i'm in.
    I also met my love in game. We got married in game and I've been trying since a year now to get by her side..

Problem is.. She is american and I am canadian.. I do not have a up to date passport and after 1/2 year of trying to get all needed (Had expired ID, not my brith certificate, mail troubles, you name it..) .. I finally got denied by the governement for my passport application.

For what ?

A very small offense that gave me a very very small criminal history in 1997.. Now I have to ask for forgivness, get that erased and re-ask for passport. So even though me and my gf do talk to each other by phone, msn, cam and in game, it does push us almost a year more before finally meeting each other

Still keeping hope...

I was actually thinking of quoting this one in a completely seperate postm but i was too scared of it all messing up on me so... yeah XD

Puma, there's only one single thing that we can give you as advice. Indeed keep hope and pull strenght from each other. Keep talking like you already do through msn, cam and all those things.

Me and solar had some pretty hard en down times as well when waiting on visa's and official records bla bla yadda yadda and all that stuff.
    But i suppose every country is different, and you being Canadian i'm sure you also know how fussy america can be about stuff =.= specially considering canadians yet at the same time consider it "north america" *rolls eyes*

as long as you both know of each other your not giving up and keep talking, i'm pretty sure your both going to be just fine. It might take time, but it'll be totally worth it in the end!

our wished to you both.

Now,last but not least, Thank you for the congratulations; Knownase, queenofpower, kitkate, Angel_spawn, torsay and Aryarie. (and coldsnow, huh ? O.o )

~ Anima & Solar.

P.S;
    Still secretly hoping frankie can give us -some- sort of reply on our question.b:thanksb:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sesshomaru - Lothranis
    Sesshomaru - Lothranis Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    While i am resting in the library after working through a bunch of Organic Chemistry problems I cam across....SOME PRETTY AWESOME STUFF!

Hope you guys live together happily and have many children !!! (I do not want to say the boring Congratz/Gz/Congratulations)

I think the sculpting of the characters will make this even more Awesome! Maybe show some images/videos of time together in PWI (obviously fake the noobie level parts etcetc grow into big OP toons XD) in the wedding. b:victory

Good luck Good luck!
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Grats you guys!!! One of my good friends on HT Server moved from Alaska to.. Russia I think to be with his wife he met in game .. it was cute seeing two mutual friends get together.. they were married sometime this year RL as well! Its amazing to see how many people this game ahs brought together!!! I wish you the best!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear
    HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Gratz to the both of youb:cute and i love the idea for your cakeb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to nowitsawn for the epic sigb:cute
    b:heart Madly in love with Dorset b:heart
    Watching - Bring me to my knees
    Waiting - I am your disease
    Lover - set my symptom free
    Covered - You can't love me
    This is the virus, the virus of life
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS...

also *points at heartandsoul* almost a year till i will have enough money to get my butt over to america.

Still have Hope. Love you Heart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear
    HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS...

also *points at heartandsoul* almost a year till i will have enough money to get my butt over to america.

Still have Hope. Love you Heart

yea thats if i dont end up making a swim to england to get youb:cute anyway grats again wish y'all luck b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to nowitsawn for the epic sigb:cute
    b:heart Madly in love with Dorset b:heart
    Watching - Bring me to my knees
    Waiting - I am your disease
    Lover - set my symptom free
    Covered - You can't love me
    This is the virus, the virus of life
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Thank you in advance.
    Congratulations.

This is proof that anything is possible for those who are determined to be together.

I met the woman I'd go on to marry from PWI last year. She flew into California a few times, got to meet family and friends, especially the handful of best friends a few blocks away who introduced me to this game back in 2009.

She is Canadian, in October we got married at the Santa Clara County, California courthouse. In February this year we found out she was pregnant. At that point I started selling a bunch of things and making arrangements in preparation for filing for permanent residence in Canada, and in April I moved to Canada to be with her while she was approved for sponsorship, and the first place we went to see was Niagara Falls in Canada. Next week she is in her 8th month of pregnancy and due late September, while around that time I will be a permanent resident -- 3 years upon my first entry will be a citizen.

Both of us still play (we mainly duo Nirvana and FF/RB/cube with friends), although in all likelihood our play goes down dramatically after baby is born and stops sleeping more than half the day. (at the very moment I post I'm making her perogies)

To reiterate, anything is possible in relationships, when you have the will.
    First off .

Second.

For what ?

A very small offense that gave me a very very small criminal history in 1997.. Now I have to ask for forgivness, get that erased and re-ask for passport. So even though me and my gf do talk to each other by phone, msn, cam and in game, it does push us almost a year more before finally meeting each other b:sad

Still keeping hope...
    My PR isn't as complicated. We did the paperwork ourselves, because I have no criminal history (the typical FBI "no record" rap sheet), neither does she, and she's been through backgrounds before just before her nursing ceritification. I'm not sure if your plans are to get married or whether or not you're going to the U.S. or her to Canada (please day her to Canada), but if you need help there's plenty of immigrant forums to aid.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Congratulations you two, I was going to post that food network link Kehrendorh beat me to it. b:cute If PWI doesn't come through I'm sure that they will. :P Here is the people they used for VH1s Wedding Wars http://www.tybinc.com/cid-47-1/wedding_cake_toppers_made_to_order.html

@Esco and Namari:

You two can have purple and green if you want, and have it look stunning. Here are some examples of wedding cakes. It's your wedding, do what you want. b:pleased

Gorgeous wedding cake/cupcake

Beautiful floral design

Celebrating the gift of life

Centerpieces :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Your story made me ponder the posibility myself. I met quite a few women in PWI that I enjoy talking to, but I never even dreamed of being with someone from another country, not to mention another continent. I sincerely wish you both (as we say in my homeland), a "rock solid home" and good fortune !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What's with Australia these days? b:laugh I swear, they must be drinking something in the water to make them prince charming's b:cute

Us Aussies are just naturally friendly. b:cute And how come I can't find my prince charming in Australia when I live there myself? Maybe I'll have to go move...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Your story made me ponder the posibility myself. I met quite a few women in PWI that I enjoy talking to, but I never even dreamed of being with someone from another country, not to mention another continent. I sincerely wish you both (as we say in my homeland), a "rock solid home" and good fortune !

The possibilities are endless. I wasn't expecting to fall in love with anyone in game either. In fact, I started playing because games like this actually helped in my mental illness recovery, as strange as it sounds. It got me talking to people again. And some of my friends I may never meet because they are in another country, but the fact that they came from this game is proof that anything can happen. Solid friendships can form, even relationships like all those here can form and flourish into more. And the best part is...it's never expected. b:cute
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?