Sage Fox form Veno in heavy armors

Options
laisvis
laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Venomancer
I have seen this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY6hZqqQOvE and decided that heavy fox form veno is killing machine. Are you agree? Could it work at PWI?
Post edited by laisvis on

Comments

• Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lvl 150, 24k hp, charmed, a nix, some of the fights you didn't see the end of, and other times the veno had help.
    I personally don't have experience with heavy veno's. However, you can't really tell from a private server if a class is good in pvp in my experience u.u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well at really you can't never compare a private server with PWI becuase they used to have some diferents armors or gears. Also she were helped during many times from a ranged archer......

HA venos worth pretty good during TW against all melee classes and archers but you have to invest nice coins for a good endgame gear if you want to do something.

Nowdays an 4.00aps veno will be a nice chooice, doesn't mater if you go sage or demon our 3spark does not reward with -interval adds.
    Remind you always need a magical weapon to cast the skills or just no weapon. You can use fist or melee weapons at human form.

The sage melee tree best skills are:

-Sage Soul Degeneration: 20% HP reducction on the target.
    -Sage Amplify Damage: 30% additional damage.
    -Purge: 5 metres AOE.
    (This skills goes like 30m coins each)
    -Sage Fox Form: 150% more physical defense + 250% accuracy.
    -Leech: 100% steals HP
    -Sage melee mastery: 200%damage increased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Kurushimii - Sanctuary
    Kurushimii - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lvl 150, 24k hp, charmed, a nix, some of the fights you didn't see the end of, and other times the veno had help.
    I personally don't have experience with heavy veno's. However, you can't really tell from a private server if a class is good in pvp in my experience u.u

Agreed, also on this private server you can see Tideborn/Earthguard were not released . She mostly fights HA/LA class, let you figure out what happen when she meets a pure magic wizzard .
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    laisvis wrote: »
    I have seen this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY6hZqqQOvE and decided that heavy fox form veno is killing machine. Are you agree? Could it work at PWI?
    No, i don't agree. Melee skills is not the best choice for magic class, Veno lacks stuns and aps (using fists is not the solution as she loses extra pdef, ability to cast skills, heal pet and passive skill) and can be easily kited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • laisvis
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Don't forget that all players around have the same good items. I liked the most in this video that fox form has enough damage to kill and without pet.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    like said above, this video is not to compare to PWI. you wont have such beastly gears or HP on here, compared to a private server. also you opponents wont always be so godly geared as well (meaning, some opponents will be really easy, some wont)

it IS possible to do heavy on PWI though, there are a lot of foxies who are

if you go sage i would assume that you would mainly fight in fox form, like in this video. if so, sage would be a good choice.

if you were to be more of a caster though, demon may be a path you might want to look into also.

anyways like i said, its very possible, so if it is something that interests you then by all means go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I am sage and almost went heavy armor myself for TW purposes. This was before genies or packs were around. I stuck with arcane though in the end. Before 89, I only used foxform for debuffs. After I got some sage fox skills, I started using it quite a bit. I don't care that use arcane gear and have no real phy attack, I have rings to help with that problem anyway.

I do think that if you are going to stay in foxform mostly, sage is the better choice. If you like the idea of attacking from foxform mostly, go for sage heavy.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • laisvis
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's fun to make different builds with all characters but not fun in real when Wizard or Archer with R9 +12 kill everyone from one hit...
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I am sage and almost went heavy armor myself for TW purposes.
    I do think that if you are going to stay in foxform mostly, sage is the better choice. If you like the idea of attacking from foxform mostly, go for sage heavy.
    On TWs venos are mainly for purging and debuffing. Even full magic have to fall on all fours and work x) No matter if she is sage or demon. In PvE it also makes no difference. In PvP nobody would stay still and wait till a veno kills him in foxform. Range is an advantage. And sage/demon bonuses is a matter of like/unlike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Kurushimii - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    laisvis wrote: »
    It's fun to make different builds with all characters but not fun in real when Wizard or Archer with R9 +12 kill everyone from one hit...

R9 got automaticly 93 attack level (counting the jones blessing) , HA don't stand a chance against R9 Wizzy if not R9 or/and lv11-12 gem . Not even talking about R9 psy... imo the most dangerous R9 opponent you can meet b:shocked
  • ScarletStorm - Harshlands
    ScarletStorm - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    R9 got automaticly 93 attack level (counting the jones blessing) , HA don't stand a chance against R9 Wizzy if not R9 or/and lv11-12 gem . Not even talking about R9 psy... imo the most dangerous R9 opponent you can meet b:shocked

LOL ijs non-rank 9 mage chars don't stand a chance either. Even with high mdef against a R9 wiz. I've seen a 13k HP Mage char taken out in one hit by a r9 wiz.

TBH you can still get high pdef as an AA veno and utilize both mage/fox. I like being AA dropping into fox to purge and getting hit with a nirvana axe heaven's flame, living through it due to pdef getting my purge off then walking out of that alive. Really really pisses off the BM though.
  • Kurushimii - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOL ijs non-rank 9 mage chars don't stand a chance either. Even with high mdef against a R9 wiz. I've seen a 13k HP Mage char taken out in one hit by a r9 wiz.

TBH you can still get high pdef as an AA veno and utilize both mage/fox. I like being AA dropping into fox to purge and getting hit with a nirvana axe heaven's flame, living through it due to pdef getting my purge off then walking out of that alive. Really really pisses off the BM though.

Well if you take a huge gears difference mage or melee don't stand a chance ofc (TT90/99... Or gears barely ref like +2 or +3) . But HA got the weakess m.def so basicly they are the most vulnerable to R9 mage . HP have nothing to do with your m.def/p.def though .

And yes i agree AA can have high p.def, then again its all about shard/ornement/refine and your ability to improve those .
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    On TWs venos are mainly for purging and debuffing. Even full magic have to fall on all fours and work x) No matter if she is sage or demon. In PvE it also makes no difference. In PvP nobody would stay still and wait till a veno kills him in foxform. Range is an advantage. And sage/demon bonuses is a matter of like/unlike.

Yeah I love running into a TW and watching seemingly unkillable people die because I just purged them.b:chuckle I used to tell people that venos were a support class in TW and everyone INSISTED that if you aren't killing everyone in sight you are worthless.

The reason I was going to be heavy was the faction lacked cata pullers and I thought it would be fun to try.b:laugh

Actually I have been able to run upto people in foxform and beat them down before. As an arcane armor user I was unable to bypass their charm but I was doing pretty decent damage. Sage gets a defense boost in foxform. I had a fun time having 2 bms stunning me and being unable to kill me just because I was in foxform.

Note: My TW experience comes from a time before packs.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91