A eternal question reborned...

Options
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Blademaster
I will speak here as well for the other BM's that don't cash shop (or just a bit) and are having a hard time finding a Nirvy squad. To whom, deicides can seem a bit out of reach.
Mind you, I could personnaly afford them if all I would do is farming, but I have many chars and I think some are in my situation as well. So for those who maybe don't have 40 mils or so to shell out to change fists...Here's my question..

Right now i'm still using Gorenox Vanities. 1 socket and +4

I have compared damage with a + 4 deicides and just seems the deicides have a higher max.

Now, EXCEPT the fact that they hit faster (cause of the -int) Is there a real way to compare BASE damage of one vs the other ?

To my understanding, Deicides have vit as bonus and chance to reduce opponents max hp.

Gorenox have str as bonus and chance to increase physical atk. Does these 2 bonuses actually make Gorenox hit (in average) harder ? (Again, I say harder, not faster...)

I was also checking what would be best between adding a socket (at 2000 socket stones) or just trying to go +5 and +6 on them..

+5 seems to add about the same damage as if I would invest in a 2nd socket and put a Imma garnet in it..

To some.. 40 mils is pocket change. To me..knowing if I should save 40 mils, or just pay about 1/2 that (or less if lucky) to make them +6 makes a huge difference..
Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
Post edited by Sir_Puma - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I will speak here as well for the other BM's that don't cash shop (or just a bit) and are having a hard time finding a Nirvy squad. To whom, deicides can seem a bit out of reach.
    Mind you, I could personnaly afford them if all I would do is farming, but I have many chars and I think some are in my situation as well. So for those who maybe don't have 40 mils or so to shell out to change fists...Here's my question..

Right now i'm still using Gorenox Vanities. 1 socket and +4

I have compared damage with a + 4 deicides and just seems the deicides have a higher max.

Now, EXCEPT the fact that they hit faster (cause of the -int) Is there a real way to compare BASE damage of one vs the other ?

To my understanding, Deicides have vit as bonus and chance to reduce opponents max hp.

Gorenox have str as bonus and chance to increase physical atk. Does these 2 bonuses actually make Gorenox hit (in average) harder ? (Again, I say harder, not faster...)

I was also checking what would be best between adding a socket (at 2000 socket stones) or just trying to go +5 and +6 on them..

+5 seems to add about the same damage as if I would invest in a 2nd socket and put a Imma garnet in it..

To some.. 40 mils is pocket change. To me..knowing if I should save 40 mils, or just pay about 1/2 that (or less if lucky) to make them +6 makes a huge difference..

That is by no means an eternal question.

If GV's and Deicides attack at the same speed under a +5 refine GV's will be better with the proc.

Your poor get decs for the interval. I doubt you can afford the tome or pants to be 4.0/5.0 if your complaining about dec cost.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    That is by no means an eternal question.

If GV's and Deicides attack at the same speed under a +5 refine GV's will be better with the proc.

Your poor get decs for the interval. I doubt you can afford the tome or pants to be 4.0/5.0 if your complaining about dec cost.

You are right. Although I do not plan to go 4/5 aps. Right now i'm 2.86 sparked (GV, tt99 arms and neck for the other 0.15 total bonus) and if I would have to choose between Lunar Cape/trophy mode one or getting deicides.. I will go with cape 1st. If I can't find a Nirvy squad accepting me, i'll just make my own.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Put both in calc. Look at the base damage in "Physical Atk". DPS= ((min damage + max damage)/2)*APS*((1+(crit%/100)).
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=915992
    This thread covers Deicides vs. Gorenox and as stated at low refines (under +6 ish) Gorenox compare really well to Deicides. Deicides have a -.05 advantage and refine much better, though, Gorenox proc makes up some of that dmg.

However, getting closer to perma spark also has its advantage when you have to spend 4 or 5 seconds unsparked with no speed or damage bump.

Focus on one character enough to make him your farmer for everything else.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory