Highest APS for Seeker?

ChubbyKyros - Lost City
ChubbyKyros - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Seeker
Hmmm, I have been wondering what is the highest APS a Seeker can achieve with HA.
Probably a little mix of HA & LA? Anyone have any ideas?
Post edited by ChubbyKyros - Lost City on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Blademaster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Blademaster.

^ this.

Dont interval a seeker. Ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    b:spit another APS on seeker thread.
    re
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The seekers main damage focus is based on the magic boosts from the skills. Going APS on a seeker nerfs your attack damage, and not using skills nerfs it considerably more.

APS seeker is just a stupid idea personally. W aren't BM's or Sin's. We're more like a battlemage.

Although, if you feel like wasting tons of cash nerfing your toon, I think the max APS is like 2.33 or 2.86. Good luck at being a fail seeker doing that though.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • DUTY_TO_ALL - Heavens Tear
    DUTY_TO_ALL - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hige's aps u can get for seeker is 3.33apsb:surrender
  • Dinandel - Dreamweaver
    Dinandel - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    A few things why APS seeker isn't welcoming because of a few things. It has been discussed before.

1. Achieving APS would mean giving up a number of HA armors for LA. This means lower physical defense and lower strength attribute that leads to lower spell damage. This is not what we want.

2. We are limited by swords and blades. Ironically, we can't wield Deicide (blade). How much can you achieve with 1.11 base aps anyway?

3. Seekers are not made for APS.

The only -int equip I would go for is the tt99 gold HA wrist. That is probably as far as I will go. And if I have the extra money, I probably get Lunar Energetic Robe and Tomes for the extra -int.
  • ChubbyKyros - Lost City
    ChubbyKyros - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    was just thinking is there any foolish guy to play seeker with aps when you have all that amazing skill =P
  • Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hige's aps u can get for seeker is 3.33apsb:surrender

highest aps for seekers= 2.86
    i was like ROFL!!!another aps seeker,its pointless if you'r going aps with seeker.
    hard to accept the truth
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • /ox - Lost City
    /ox - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So wait... I still dont get how having APS will nerf attack str.
    edited July 2011
    highest aps for seekers= 2.86
    i was like ROFL!!!another aps seeker,its pointless if you'r going aps with seeker.
    hard to accept the truth

5aps http://pwcalc.com/783ef0ab7eb99bf5 u have to be the lucky s seeker on the world
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    5aps http://pwcalc.com/783ef0ab7eb99bf5 u have to be the lucky s seeker on the world

no recasted sword has interval as an option, and only -0.05 is a unique option in every other sword type, meaning you can only acheive it once, the rank VI "Saoring Spirit Sword" would be the best option for an APS seeker, making the max possible APS 2.86 for an demon seeker.

A genie using relentless courage would need over 80 points in strength to get any faster then 2.86, and this would last 8 seconds.

APS seeker isnt my thing, i play mine like a full nuker but i have seen afew around, not very good though but if i was ever going to be an APS seeker that would be my build, with a pure strength genie for relentless courage.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    no recasted sword has interval as an option, and only -0.05 is a unique option in every other sword type, meaning you can only acheive it once, the rank VI "Saoring Spirit Sword" would be the best option for an APS seeker, making the max possible APS 2.86 for an demon seeker.

A genie using relentless courage would need over 80 points in strength to get any faster then 2.86, and this would last 8 seconds.

APS seeker isnt my thing, i play mine like a full nuker but i have seen afew around, not very good though but if i was ever going to be an APS seeker that would be my build, with a pure strength genie for relentless courage.

Just maybe, MAYBE he was joking b:shocked
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
    edited July 2011
    Just maybe, MAYBE he was joking b:shocked

i think i was b:surrender
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011

That's just an... ugly build: evasion ornies are pointless, and don't use an LA plate. The base defense on the plate is much higher than wrist and boots, making those your best options and then you can use an HA ornament to more than makeup for lost pdef. http://pwcalc.com/35152757af1641db

I tried making a 3.33 Seeker calc using the mythical 3 x -.05 OHT bracers, but I'm stuck at 2.86 because both 2.0 and 2.22 spark to 2.86. So this build has those ugly evasion ornies and LA plate but has one more interval increase. http://pwcalc.com/c2abbbd1683b6ca4

Also, windshield is usually preferred over relentless courage because its spammable. It also looked like you were saying you can demon spark to 2.86 then relentless courage, but relentless courage would overwrite your spark speed buff.

Here are a few reasons aps seekers aren't horrible:
    Large base damage than even daggers.
    Lower dex requirement than claws, so you can have 450+ str as dmg multipliers.
    Bladed Fervor buff
    Northern Sky Waltz (and other stances) will proc sooner
    Seekers get crazy attack and defense levels.
    Quicker chi for using your skills

Downside to aps:
    Would require adjusting gear to be less defensive.
    Dual swords/blade have a higher base damage and lower base attack rate. Single swords/blades have a lower base damage and faster attack rate. Dual swords are better for skills but you'd need single swords to use aps.
    2.86 cap means you aren't really reaching that exponential dps gain that 4.0 or 5.0 has. ie going from 2.0 to 2.22 is an 11% gain (one interval step) whereas 4.0 to 5.0 is a 25% dps gain (one interval step).
    Can't permaspark.
    Sage seems to be favored for seekers right now, no aps boost with sage spark.

Edit: Had a friend doing aps seeker. Its decent, DDs just below an aps bm (slower, but hits really hard) and was actually useful to bring into vana because of his 20% Northern Sky Waltz def level debuff. Made up for the DD loss.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    That's just an... ugly build: evasion ornies are pointless, and don't use an LA plate. The base defense on the plate is much higher than wrist and boots, making those your best options and then you can use an HA ornament to more than makeup for lost pdef. http://pwcalc.com/35152757af1641db

I tried making a 3.33 Seeker calc using the mythical 3 x -.05 OHT bracers, but I'm stuck at 2.86 because both 2.0 and 2.22 spark to 2.86. So this build has those ugly evasion ornies and LA plate but has one more interval increase. http://pwcalc.com/c2abbbd1683b6ca4

Also, windshield is usually preferred over relentless courage because its spammable. It also looked like you were saying you can demon spark to 2.86 then relentless courage, but relentless courage would overwrite your spark speed buff.

Here are a few reasons aps seekers aren't horrible:
    Large base damage than even daggers.
    Lower dex requirement than claws, so you can have 450+ str as dmg multipliers.
    Bladed Fervor buff
    Northern Sky Waltz (and other stances) will proc sooner
    Seekers get crazy attack and defense levels.
    Quicker chi for using your skills

Downside to aps:
    Would require adjusting gear to be less defensive.
    Dual swords/blade have a higher base damage and lower base attack rate. Single swords/blades have a lower base damage and faster attack rate. Dual swords are better for skills but you'd need single swords to use aps.
    2.86 cap means you aren't really reaching that exponential dps gain that 4.0 or 5.0 has. ie going from 2.0 to 2.22 is an 11% gain (one interval step) whereas 4.0 to 5.0 is a 25% dps gain (one interval step).
    Can't permaspark.
    Sage seems to be favored for seekers right now, no aps boost with sage spark.

Edit: Had a friend doing aps seeker. Its decent, DDs just below an aps bm (slower, but hits really hard) and was actually useful to bring into vana because of his 20% Northern Sky Waltz def level debuff. Made up for the DD loss.

wow that was a really well hought out and composed statment. im impressed. my bm is currently 2.86 aps sparked(farming more once i lvl) and yeah its not perma spark but it wont take u long to get up the last spark so time gap aint huge.ik still not perma. but the statment i like the most that ive ever herd is "were not built for aps but were awsome enough that we can handle it". that being said if u r looking for a RAW aps class seekers arnt the place to go
  • suicidehostess
    suicidehostess Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    now,now i have demon seeker at only 2 aps r8+7 and during tiger event i'm always on top over even the r9 sage seekers (probably due to the fact that i can spark 3 times in a row with cloud eruption and maybe white tea) moreover i can solo any boss up to bh89 and fb99-100 bosses with bloodpaint on not using vortex.(bh100 bosses now hit too hard) theyre good for it dont knock demon seeker too hard
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    4 aps seeker with 15k hp (ye's i've seen someone in HT who owns a plate like this)
    b:victory

http://pwcalc.com/0710091a15677744
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    5aps Seeker w/ theoretically possible adds that I believe are all actually in game : http://pwcalc.com/1a767f50928ab4c6

Chances of this are astronomical and pointless to aim for.

Even in the unbelievable instance someone could do this....you'd still lack all the things that ( I believe) would make a Sin a better 5aps than you. (Powerdash, wolf emblem, base crit rate, not having to use a g13 weapon, etc..)
  • D_u_s_t_y - Archosaur
    D_u_s_t_y - Archosaur Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i always thought seekers were ment for using your skills if you wanna run up and hit things rather than skills make a sin/bm
    :b (my version)
  • HerbalLife - Archosaur
    HerbalLife - Archosaur Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Make a sin.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arkman
    arkman Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Make a bm instead
  • DarkTimes - Dreamweaver
    DarkTimes - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    With the PWCN -0.1 intv tome, would it be possible now for a seeker to get 5 aps?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]DANCE