About those eu servers

Options
preka
preka Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I'm currently downloading the game again ( FFS!!! ) just to play ( at last ) pw on a eu servers. I always "hated" US servers for the inevitable 100+ ping that ruined the game but i always pick them because they were more populated. I see that the eu servers are up for 2 weeks now and the questions are obvious:
1.Is there anyone on those servers?
2.Which one of them is more populated?
Thx for the info
Post edited by preka on

Comments

• Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i play on FR server.. not much ppl here there are a quite a few FR guilds though
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    100 ping ruins your game?

My pings have spiked over 2k.
    Didn't ruin anything for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • preka
    edited July 2011
    Options
    100 ping ruins your game?

My pings have spiked over 2k.
    Didn't ruin anything for me.

I think everybody is entitled to have preferences right?
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Fair enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I wish my ping was 100. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • preka
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so the servers are empty?
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol @ 100 ping. Setting your standards a little too high I think.

Especially since from what I hear from my EU friends, you wont get under 100 ping on those servers anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • preka
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I wish my ping was 100. b:surrender

ok , maybe i exagerated a bit with the 100 ping , but over 150 and 200 it's quite annoying for me , the delay it's way to big
  • jaon
    jaon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    preka wrote: »
    ok , maybe i exagerated a bit with the 100 ping , but over 150 and 200 it's quite annoying for me , the delay it's way to big

dude you either <censored> brains or real <censored> person

since game runs very smooth with ping ~850

unless you meant actually over 1k when it's starts being annoying . i think you're full of Bull<censored>. Cause almost all MMORG's unless you sitting exactly on server location giving you ping 300-1k range with average of 700.

P.S i think you really don't know what the hell are you talking about b:bye
  • GhostDuck - Harshlands
    GhostDuck - Harshlands Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    jaon wrote: »

unless you meant actually over 1k when it's starts being annoying . i think you're full of Bull<censored>. Cause almost all MMORG's unless you sitting exactly on server location giving you ping 300-1k range with average of 700.

What's the difference? He has ping problems and wants to know about the servers? If you have info to tell him go for it, otherwise why even respond? No wonder your generation has no idea how to interact with people in the real world, you pick apart the guys ping problems for what reason exactly? I don't even know what ping is or means but i know when mine gets in the 200+ range my game runs like ****. I don't know where you get 700 is the the magical number for mmo's either. Got 4 games up from all over the world and none are even close to that high
  • preka
    edited July 2011
    Options

oh no , you are so smart..... i never said the said the game wasn't running smooth, i just said i am annoyed by the obvious delay.
    And i really can't understand why you jump into a subject insulting somebody ( me , in this case ).
    PS: I hope you can see that i didn't insulted you.

The thing is that, except 1 person , none told me anything about the things i asked ......
  • Kemonomimi - Momaganon
    Kemonomimi - Momaganon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm currently downloading the game again ( FFS!!! ) just to play ( at last ) pw on a eu servers. I always "hated" US servers for the inevitable 100+ ping that ruined the game but i always pick them because they were more populated. I see that the eu servers are up for 2 weeks now and the questions are obvious:
    1.Is there anyone on those servers?
    2.Which one of them is more populated?
    Thx for the info

1. German server is growing, but you cant compare the population with the older servers.
    2. Don't know. Haven't been on the France server.

There are 3 major factions on the server, a few medium and alot small.
    the ping is between 50 - 200
  • GhostDuck - Harshlands
    GhostDuck - Harshlands Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The thing is that, except 1 person , none told me anything about the things i asked ......

Welcome to PW forums, get more info finding out on your own then from people here, this is just a place to rag on people for no good reason
  • preka
    edited July 2011
    Options
    1. German server is growing, but you cant compare the population with the older servers.
    2. Don't know. Haven't been on the France server.

There are 3 major factions on the server, a few medium and alot small.
    the ping is between 50 - 200

Thank you for the info. I just installed the game and i saw i have a good ping on both eu servers , as for population , i can't say yet , all the servers were "medium" i idk how much accurate is the game's info.

I don't know which server to choose yet , seeing that both are PvE
  • Erakko - Raging Tide
    Erakko - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm playing on german server. At least for my level (40) I never have been alone grinding quests. There are less catshops in archosaur but more people hunting at low player areas than on raging tides where I used to play. There are not many high levels yet so they may have some problems to find squads for FC and high BHs and other high instances.
  • Catalyst - Lothranis
    Catalyst - Lothranis Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I can only comment on the french server as i have not played the german one, but anyway, at the moment the french server has more english people then french (fact) and it's populated but due to it being a new server the average level at the moment is 50 - 75. There's quite a few factions but some of them keep disbanding or merging then failing, even land holding ones.

So all in all, don't play this server if you need help often or Power-level, as you'd rarely get help.
  • brutikusiv
    brutikusiv Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Every forum has trolls. Don't even respond to them. Feeding them makes them fatter.....

IMO If I were you. I'd choose prime times and login into each , get a few tele's and see what kinda responses you get. See if any seem to meet 'YOUR' tastes/preferences. Give a few tries before making the decision than go from there. They're New so give them some time to grow but alas get in their and make some friends and get in on the 'still' semi early start :P .

Best of luck.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    <.< Just adding to this thread... I'm in the US, and the ping on the french server (got a ping of about 50 for most of the time I spend on there) is actually less than I usually get on my server (averages about 200~500 ping every day on sanc, still my fps is fine though) XD Although that's most likely due to the smaller population.

I haven't been on the german server though. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • RoughFur - Momaganon
    RoughFur - Momaganon Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I started on the French server, it has a low population, but certainly not deserted. I've just switched to the German one (couldn't find a faction with decent, competent leadership), it seems to have almost double the population of the French one with lots of people questing.

I'm in Europe, the ping is lower than I get on the US servers, but not by a great amount - though I rarely experienced lag problems on the US servers anyway. I moved to the European servers so that I can experience TW and other events at a better time for me.
  • Mischief - Lothranis
    Mischief - Lothranis Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I play on the French one, average ping of 491 and my internet/computer suck.
    Right now, there are not very many people here, though I still am getting the job done. Then again, this could have to due with my having a hercules to help myself when needed. And from the looks of this thread so far, many seem to agree that the German one is more populated. Good luck deciding.
    i9 Asher. b:kiss
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cripes. And here's me only complaining once ping gets into five digits. (Yes, venomancer is playable with 8s of lag, though it stops being amusing around 2 or 3)

Anyway - I also recommend the french one.
  • Sharp_arse - Heavens Tear
    Sharp_arse - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

maybe I also do not understand bout things too much, butI have noticed that for about the last week or so that playing my game my game has been made very difficult due to high ping between 800 to 1000+.

Also the ping ms. is very eratic, one minute fine the next second almost unplayable. This problem seems to have arisin since the new servers were opened.

I use US west coast servers and have very rarely had a prob. Now is a different story.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    After few days i realize that my ping was actually a lot more better than ever before. b:laugh
    < bellow 450 before 650+++
    Maybe the traffic has gotten better. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • preka
    edited July 2011
    Options
    From what i see , the german server is more populated than the french one and i have better ping on it. I think it has the potential to become a big server if all the eu players will come and play again on it and maybe if they advertise a bit.
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I played on the German server at launch and left shortly after and would never go back.

If you are German or speak German then play on the German server. You will be most welcome.

GM even announced that English is not the only spoken language and to bear that in mind.

If you are English or speak English then I would stay clear. Announcements are in German and there is hostility toward those speaking English telling them to leave and get off their German Server.

I can't speak for the French server but anouncements and some parts in game will be in French.

If you are English speaking then I would suggest playing on the East Coast US servers.

I'm not sure why you are downloading the client again (unless it is the German or French Client where everything will be in German and French.) Use your current client and just choose the server before you login.

Incidently the GM I spoke to advised that changes to English announcements would not be changed as it is set at Server side (ie German Server = German text) and not on the client where you could use English Client.

Oh and don't even talk to me about pings. See sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?
  • England - Lothranis
    England - Lothranis Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I play on the French server and I don't speak a word of french. Yes the announcements are in French but event ones are often posted in english too. Find a nice guild, nice bunch of friends and all is well. Met more English than french on here so far.

Hope this helps, good luck. :)

I get an average ping of 90-200 on french server. Cookies for the person who guesses where I'm from. ._.
  • RoughFur - Momaganon
    RoughFur - Momaganon Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I played on the German server at launch and left shortly after and would never go back.

If you are German or speak German then play on the German server. You will be most welcome.

GM even announced that English is not the only spoken language and to bear that in mind.

If you are English or speak English then I would stay clear. Announcements are in German and there is hostility toward those speaking English telling them to leave and get off their German Server.

I can't speak for the French server but anouncements and some parts in game will be in French.

If you are English speaking then I would suggest playing on the East Coast US servers.

I'm not sure why you are downloading the client again (unless it is the German or French Client where everything will be in German and French.) Use your current client and just choose the server before you login.

Incidently the GM I spoke to advised that changes to English announcements would not be changed as it is set at Server side (ie German Server = German text) and not on the client where you could use English Client.

Oh and don't even talk to me about pings. See sig.

I had the same experience with the unfriendliness of the French speakers on the French server at first, but I think they soon got bored with annoying people like that :P

On the German server it has been the complete opposite - my first "friend" on the server being a German person that I squaded with for a quest.

I've only seen one announcement so far in German..something about "XP, DROPS and NOX(presumably spirit) - check the forum for info!" There has been an announcement about today's event in German, but it's been followed almost immediately by the same announcement in English.
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well it is good to hear that they changed their stance on the English announcements. The GM that I spoke to clearly didnt have a clue as he was adamant that they would remain in German and would not be changed with it being a German server.

I still wouldn't be tempted back though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?