Lv 19 Ocean Tusker Help

hopelessflight
hopelessflight Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Twilight Temple (West)
I would like to begin by saying that I am sorry if this is the wrong section of this forum to post this query in, or if said query has been asked (quered? lol) before. However, the closest thread I could find anywhere on this forum - admittedly with a rather promising title pretty similar to my one - had only two comments, the second of which made the point that were there a sub-forum for the OP's particular server it would be a better place to ask the question, as such I thought I should come to the sub-forum for my server to ask. Furthermore, I thought it best I post in a format where my query can easily be removed or simply moved should it be contrary to standards or such, as opposed to clogging up the world chat I have yet to use and do not know the proper etiquette of (abbreviations etc). Once again I am sorry if this is a waste of time or forum space, but I just wish to expedite the process if at all possible.

That rant having been ranted, my question is rather simple (and probably guessed from the title I imagine), how best would I go about getting a squad with which to tackle the Ocean Tusker FB. Furthermore, as an lv 19 Assassin which classes of squadmate should really be considered for the dungeon run - I'm not going to be picky, seeing as I just started playing two days ago and have no friends on here, but I do need to survive of course. On that note, is the dungeon/boss that difficult, or would a bare bones ragtag of people I could convince to help me by waiting outisde the entrance generally be good?

The quests up until now were fairly simple and didn't require communicating with any other players really, I have next to no knowledge of playing MMORPG's and so I didn't bother with that aspect seeing as I was not prompted to do so. That being said, I just wanted to know the most efficient way of doing so in this pretty awesome game. I'm sorry for rambling on so long btw, and I hope I haven't posted this unecessarily.
Post edited by hopelessflight on

Comments

• lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well....Pretty much any level 30 class could solo it if you can find one. Although, a squad of level 19's-20's would do pretty fine if you maybe had a Cleric or Mystic...Joining a guild would also help you get these kinds of quests done, because in the future you'll have a lot you can't complete on your own, so joining a guild if you aren't in one is probably one of your best interests as you get higher up.

It also kind of depends on what sever you're on~ Some have more people than others, you may have to sit in Raging Tides and ask for help, get a faction or hope there are people outside the entrance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    =) Ocean tusker is a very easy boss. There are no other mobs in his cave, only him. Any higher level tank type player (30+) would probably be fine to kill it. Just ask in the center of Raging Tides for help with Ocean Tusker, and you'll probably get an invite, since there's lots of friendly people here in Sanc and he's really easy to kill.

I could probably solo him myself, if you were desperate XD Poke me (pm me) in game if you can't seem to find anyone else to help you.

After the tusker though, you'll get a weapon token quest, to kill the fb29 boss, qingzi. <_< You may need more people for that one. ^^''' But by then, you should have access to the city of Archosaur, and if you ask around the big platform in the center of the city for your weapon token quest, you may get a nice high level to solo it for you. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • hopelessflight
    edited July 2011
    Thank you, Jeremied and lizrau =]

I was expecting to have to wait around the entrance for a long time, I guess asking around in Raging Tides would be a far quicker process seeing as so many more people come through there.

How exactly does one go about joining a guild, seeing as your posts make it clear that these situations needing a squad are only going to increase (alot I'm assuming) and a guild seems to represent a ready made pool of willing compatriots.

Thanks again for your helpful responses. I may take you up on the offer, Jeremied assuming the squad searching goes badly lol
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well, once you have access to Archosaur, either type your level and class looking for a guild in normal chat someone is bound to PM you if you stand in west archo.

Otherwise if that doesn't work, there are usually a lot of guilds recruiting members in World Chat. They may have a level requirement so just watch out for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Thank you, Jeremied and lizrau =]

I was expecting to have to wait around the entrance for a long time, I guess asking around in Raging Tides would be a far quicker process seeing as so many more people come through there.

How exactly does one go about joining a guild, seeing as your posts make it clear that these situations needing a squad are only going to increase (alot I'm assuming) and a guild seems to represent a ready made pool of willing compatriots.

Thanks again for your helpful responses. I may take you up on the offer, Jeremied assuming the squad searching goes badly lol

You can join a guild by looking on world chat for people recruting all levels and classes to helpful guilds. PM the person and ask what their guild is like, what their rules are for activity and such, and if you like what you hear, ask to be invited. ^^

=P And not to shamelessly plug my own guild, but we're a very helpful fact with quite a few people on at once. XD I've even followed people around and healed them for no reason other than to make leveling easier on them. /Narnia\ is the name, I could get an officer to pm you in the game if you'd like. We're drama free, too XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • hopelessflight
    edited July 2011
    Thanks again for your help both of you.

I'm not 100% sure whether or not my character can travel to Archosaur as of yet, I know I can teleport to a couple of the cities on the mainland don't think Archocaur's one of them. That having been said, Jeremied that would be very helpful of you to have an officer PM me about your guild, it would certainly help, all thoughts of plugging thrown to the wayside =]

Not sure when I'll next be playing though, it is 5:30AM here and I've had no sleep in over a day (a great % of that was spent playing) so I probably won't be going back on till I've slept at least lol But yeah that would be a great help, Jeremied thank you (man that's alot of thank you's recently lol)
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Thanks again for your help both of you.

I'm not 100% sure whether or not my character can travel to Archosaur as of yet, I know I can teleport to a couple of the cities on the mainland don't think Archocaur's one of them. That having been said, Jeremied that would be very helpful of you to have an officer PM me about your guild, it would certainly help, all thoughts of plugging thrown to the wayside =]

Not sure when I'll next be playing though, it is 5:30AM here and I've had no sleep in over a day (a great % of that was spent playing) so I probably won't be going back on till I've slept at least lol But yeah that would be a great help, Jeremied thank you (man that's alot of thank you's recently lol)
    o_o Definitely go sleep then, lol XD The game is addicting, but it's not healthy to go that long without sleep....Although I'm a hypocrite for saying that XD

At level 20, you should get archosaur open to you. Mostly because you'll get your weapon token quest for just north of Archo. =)

What is your in game character name, may I ask? ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AriaPhoenix - Sanctuary
    AriaPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Oh I've always had trouble with sleep, X-box and/or watching shows on the laptop would probably have kept me up just the same. Though maybe not quite as long, this game is pretty addictive as you say. A day without sleep is a pretty common occurrence for me at any rate, I realise it's definitely bad for me of course, just find sleep hard lol

Ah lv 20 cool, I'm only about 30% away from reaching that, I'll just quickly farm something next time I log in.

Ah I edited my forum Avatar to show my in game character name =]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    =) Sorry for the long reply. o_o I had to help a squad with bounty hunt. I'll be online tomorrow, and I'll try pming you when I get online again XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]