non-elemental mobs

Lord_Neko - Sanctuary
Lord_Neko - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Ok for melee hits obviously elemental bosses take more damage from elemental shards of

their weakness Eg. metal shards against a wood boss does more damage.

But whats best to hit a non-elemental boss with? phys or elemental shards?

FYI:
I play a seeker, note i said melee hits. I'm well aware the shards only add to normal attacks

Please only add to this question if you know which is best to hit a non-elemental boss.
Post edited by Lord_Neko - Sanctuary on

Comments

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Non-elemental = All their resists are equal

A wood mob has less metal resist and higher wood resist than their other resists. Non-elemental mobs have equal resists.

So it doesn't matter what shards you would use they would all have the same bonus damage.

I think physical shards would also not have a difference. The element of a mob only applies to their magical defenses and have nothing to do with physical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    What he's said... however, physical shards will pretty much always be better for a physical class anyways.

While elemental shards only apply to auto-attacks, they're not considered a part of weapon damage. So any buffs that boost physical attack (titans, RB, sparks), or adds elemental damage based off weapon attack (frostblade, elemental apoths, poison fang/blazing arrow) won't be as effective on someone using 2 immac elemental shards compared to one using 2 immac garnets, for example.
  • Lord_Neko - Sanctuary
    Lord_Neko - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for the info StormHydra

truekossy please read the thread before you reply, like i said already..
    I play a seeker, NOTE I said MELEE hits. I'm well aware the shards only add to normal attacks

On that note seekers generally only debuff and vortex or use normal attack with Edged Blur.
    I've tested the damage difference and elemental shard damage is added to these aoes.
    (Note: best not to switch weapons while vortex'ing in delta, you will graphics lag dc other ppl with the effect changes XD)

And the attack system for seekers is still glitchy, I've often seen supporting skills such as Heavens flame have zero effect on my seekers attacks.

That's why I'm building multiple R8 swords to output the highest damage I can without assistance.

Primary use sword: R8 +5, Incomparable Garnet x2
    MT/FR boss sword: R8 +5, Ruby Gem / Incomparable Amethyst

Next project sword: R8 +?, Incomparable Aquamarine / Incomparable Topaz
    Given Seekers have metal attacks, leaving out Alabasters makes sense and saves farming or forever searching for shards.

Anyway got the answer I was looking for, no further replies needed.